• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious smashing of teochew porridge shop - machiam 1960 singapore scene

Buckethead

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very soon, they'll find out the teochew porridge at changi chalet is better value for money......FREE !

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In the old days stall owner likely protected by territorial ji tao or is a triad member himself. It will be kai yam with clashes and finally settlement talks mediated by kim leng hor sins.

Absolutely agree and I am with you on this.

Settlement talk next for sure.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Isn't teochew porridge just mixed veggie rice, with the rice replaced with porridge? Who in their right minds would pay $30 for that sort of food? No wonder the customers trashed that 'black shop'.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Isn't teochew porridge just mixed veggie rice, with the rice replaced with porridge? Who in their right minds would pay $30 for that sort of food? No wonder the customers trashed that 'black shop'.

Could well be a case of over-charging.

Back in the 80s, I used to makan the same at Owen Rd. On one occasion, kena chopped. Stall helper si Peh Kuai lan. Very rude. No manners. Didn't want to create a scene there. Was with Msian hostess after chiong.

Next morning, called SS headman there. Told him what took place. He promised me he would right the wrong. He did.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Back in the 80s, I used to makan the same at Owen Rd. On one occasion, kena chopped. Stall helper si Peh Kuai lan. Very rude. No manners. Didn't want to create a scene there. Was with Msian hostess after chiong.

Next morning, called SS headman there. Told him what took place. He promised me he would right the wrong. He did.

I used to eat teochew porridge too. Every time, I kena chopped. One small dish of meat/veggie/egg/ meant for 3 looks like its barely enough for 1.5 people. The meal was always charged at roughly $3.50 per head, but the food served was quite little. We would have gotten more food if we ordered individually as mixed veggie rice.

After getting ripped off each time, I boycotted all teochew porridge stalls for good.

Glad to see this black shop get trashed.

jw5

Loyal
After the first time you got chopped, you should have stopped going.

I used to eat teochew porridge too. Every time, I kena chopped. One small dish of meat/veggie/egg/ meant for 3 looks like its barely enough for 1.5 people. The meal was always charged at roughly $3.50 per head, but the food served was quite little. We would have gotten more food if we ordered individually as mixed veggie rice.

After getting ripped off each time, I boycotted all teochew porridge stalls for good.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
After the first time you got chopped, you should have stopped going.

I thought other stalls would be different. But they all turned out to be the same. They give small servings in tiny plates, and charged me for four peoples' serving when the food looked barely enough for one, let alone 4. Fuck all teochew porridge stalls.

jw5

Loyal
Next time, just go to a restaurant. It may be more expensive but the food and ambience are better, and you can afford it. :biggrin:

I thought other stalls would be different. But they all turned out to be the same. They give small servings in tiny plates, and charged me for four peoples' serving when the food looked barely enough for one, let alone 4. Fuck all teochew porridge stalls.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Indian rojak and Yong tau fu stalls are notorious for overcharging or charging the right amount for selected items minus some items when served.

Fugitive

Alfrescian
Loyal

Isn't many Teochew people and Teochew porridge stalls in Hougang ward no?

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Fuckers offended many cops from Echo Division during mid 80's. Suddenly found police parking enforcement every evening. Called "tua kao" to say tolong.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Cos of one stall you think all are the same?

You fucking nigger and you claim you're rich you deserve to get chopped.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://www.stomp.com.sg/singapore-s...-wreck-upper-serangoon-rd-porridge-restaurant

[h=1]4 customers upset with $28 bill wreck Upper Serangoon Rd porridge restaurant[/h]

Posted on 28 May 2017 | 21,047 views | 26 comments

Four customers wrecked a porridge restaurant along Upper Serangoon Road after a dispute over their bill.
Lianhe Zaobao reported that the four overturned a table and used wooden chairs to damage the eatery, Heng Long Teochew Porridge.
The customers were upset over their $28 bill, reported Shin Min Daily News, after ordering porridge, pomfret and several side dishes.
A cleaner at the restaurant told Shin Min that the customers got into a heated argument with the eatery's staff over their meal's price.
They then tossed the dishes onto the ground and flipped the table, shattering its marble top.

The four then picked up restaurant's wooden chairs and smashed the glass surfaces in the serving area.
Eatery staff called the police, the group reportedly left before officers arrived.

Staff told Shin Min that no employees or customers were hurt in the incident.
A photo of the restaurant showed broken glass all over the floor and a few damaged chairs.
The serving area in which dishes are displayed was also in a mess.
The incident reportedly prompted some customers to leave quickly without finishing their food.
The police said they were alerted to a case of mischief at 3.44am, and that investigations are ongoing.
The restaurant is usually open from 10am to 4.30am daily.
However, staff closed the outlet temporarily and cleaned the place after the incident.
Employees also disposed of the food on display at the wrecked serving area and cleaned away the broken glass.
The eatery was open for business by noon.

rambo22

Alfrescian
Loyal
3.44am called 999

this hour normally how long will mata arrive huh

where are the fast response cars and sectors cars ?

there are 2 nearby NPPs but unfortunately both are closed

1 is at Hg Ave 7 and the other is Serangoon North Ave 3

Last edited: