• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Keling Kia Angry That He's Not Keling Enough For Jack Neo's "NS" Franchise Movies!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Keling Kia Angry That He's Not Keling Enough For Jack Neo's "NS" Franchise Movies

I am sure the Ah Bengs and Ah Lians are just as hurt by the mocking. And there will be an actor parodying this. Its part of the social fabric. If he was a good actor, he should have been able to carry this. It's an opportunity and they don't come often.

I am also sure the bulk of the scenes will be around Ah Bengs and their antics plus a bit of Mat and Mama thrown.

If the movie selectively targeted Indians but made sure the Chinese looked suave, classy etc. I would be seriously offended. Gurmit Singh tore thru Phra Chu Kang and he also parodied the Straits Settlement Indian Policeman in his shorts. We laughed all thru out.

I have been observing this argument ping ponging back and forth in Facebook.

On one side, the mostly Chinese commentators said that the Indian accent is not a problem nor is it racist as it is a comedy and Shrey should not have gone for the audition and bitched about it on Facebook and blame the Chinese. They also highlighted that Chinese people also played Chinese based stereotypes like Ah beng and PRC in Jack Neo's movies.

On the other hand, many Indians complained it is hurtful and downright racist that their accent is mocked as local Indians don't really speak like that. Shrey also took this opportunity to highlight the racism that minorities faced in the art scene in Singapore. There already isn't much acting roles for minorities and even if there are roles, many of these roles are demeaning and minorities are reduced to cacricatures for the majority Chinese to mock at.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Keling Kia Angry That He's Not Keling Enough For Jack Neo's "NS" Franchise Movies

Shitskin feels humiliated to have to speak his own language with that unmistakable accent, but feels proud when speaking with a fake angmoh slang.

The last thing a shitskin would want to be reminded is that he is an out and out shitskin. The Cast Director hits a raw nerve.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

He's just trying to relive the "Master of None" Season 1 moment when Aziz took offence at being asked to audition with an Indian accent

[video=youtube;1IHRVdRV4Ys]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IHRVdRV4Ys[/video]

kelton65

Alfrescian
Loyal

And now the famous anti-racist activist Sangeetha Thanapal has joined in the fray as well.

"Everyone needs to stop sharing Xiaxue's ridiculous post. It is not commentary, it is not an opinion. It is simply shallow drivel.
Xiaxue has absolutely nothing original to say. She is, at her essence, nothing more than a demagogue. She does not actually have opinions or thoughts of her own, she simply makes aggressive arguments that have no grounding in compassion, sensitivity or even basic facts.

Instead, she jumps onto the latest viral bandwagon, and produces the same antagonistic nonsense that racist Chinese bigots do on a daily basis. I'm not even going to go into her post itself because it is so riddled with inaccuracies and false assumptions that to try would be to give her legitimacy.
She does this for one reason, and one reason only: to drive traffic to her blog, which gets her advertisers, ultimately making her money.
Stop making money for her.

Xiaxue is your original Chinese Trash (tm) aka what all the other Chinese Trash like the bloggers on the Faves Asia video aspire to be.
Stop giving her a platform on your facebook timelines, and stop 'engaging' with her word vomit. It isn't worth anyone's time or energy.
Engage with the original post by the actor, with its nuanced exploration of the difficulties behind representation, minority portrayal and the immense barriers minority actors face in the media in Singapore.

I'm bored of vapid Chinese women and their vapid Chinese thoughts. Aren't you?"

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

And now the famous anti-racist activist Sangeetha Thanapal has joined in the fray as well.

"Everyone needs to stop sharing Xiaxue's ridiculous post. It is not commentary, it is not an opinion. It is simply shallow drivel.
Xiaxue has absolutely nothing original to say. She is, at her essence, nothing more than a demagogue. She does not actually have opinions or thoughts of her own, she simply makes aggressive arguments that have no grounding in compassion, sensitivity or even basic facts.

Instead, she jumps onto the latest viral bandwagon, and produces the same antagonistic nonsense that racist Chinese bigots do on a daily basis. I'm not even going to go into her post itself because it is so riddled with inaccuracies and false assumptions that to try would be to give her legitimacy.
She does this for one reason, and one reason only: to drive traffic to her blog, which gets her advertisers, ultimately making her money.

Xiaxue is your original Chinese Trash (tm) aka what all the other Chinese Trash like the bloggers on the Faves Asia video aspire to be.
Stop giving her a platform on your facebook timelines, and stop 'engaging' with her word vomit. It isn't worth anyone's time or energy.
Engage with the original post by the actor, with its nuanced exploration of the difficulties behind representation, minority portrayal and the immense barriers minority actors face in the media in Singapore.

Wah can call Chinese women vapid and still considered anti racist? A racist pretending to be anti racist.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Jack neo the cultural medallion winner sparks off a race riot! Time to activate the well fed Gurkha dogs! Oh wait! Will they take the indians' side and only shoot chinks?

Fuck you jack neo!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sangeetha does more harm for the Indian community than anyone else I know. Note she is not addressing the argument but the person. Its a personal attack from start to end.

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal

This disgusting filthy black cow should be made to walk on all 4 with her tits dragging against the ground while a slave driver whips her huge ass from behind.

2cih88w.jpg

Make her wear a nose ring!!

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Sangeetha does more harm for the Indian community than anyone else I know. Note she is not addressing the argument but the person. Its a personal attack from start to end.

The ah neh vs xialanxue is just like alien vs predator. Whoever wins we lose.

kelton65

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wah can call Chinese women vapid and still considered anti racist? A racist pretending to be anti racist.

According to her, reverse racism does not exist so your argument is invalid and she is free to insult the Chinese all she wants.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Alamak! Want to act, and still want to be yourself ? Do your own film la.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

U
According to her, reverse racism does not exist so your argument is invalid and she is free to insult the Chinese all she wants.
that's just her shit skin logic

grandtour

Alfrescian
Loyal

Science and Psychology

Scientists traced Indian DNA ancestry for 2000 years back and found no genetic mixture between groups of Indians living in the same local community, which suggest caste discrimination begin way earlier. Racism and Discrimination Culture is deeply rooted in every Indian for more than 2000 years all the way until today.

An evil person always think the world is evil. Psychology teaches you, the most racist and discriminating race in the world, the Indians, is also the ones always screaming and accusing the world of racism towards them. Psychologists call it Projection. The rest of the world call it Hypocrite.

There is a good reason why Indians are despised everywhere in this world.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Their problem is one they created and not because of who they are. In many ways its similar to PRC nationals leaving China and visiting the World with their new found wealth and freedom. Both sets have behaviour and conduct issues that are 40 to 50 years backs. The Indians have an English advantage and education but their conduct is still an issue. They will scream out on racism but have no qualms treating workers and lowers caste in a highly discriminate manner. See the way they talk to super market cashiers, the service staff in retail outlets, to clinic staff - the way they direct people is truly horrible. The trouble is that Singaporeans tend to be accommodative and scared to stand up. They should not give any quarters and make it clear at the first contact that they jolly behave .

See them in the various sports and recreation clubs and in the work place - their grovelling to the white man however junior is such a pathetic sight. To them the white man is god. Watch the slang and accent changing right in front of you.

Science and Psychology

Scientists traced Indian DNA ancestry for 2000 years back and found no genetic mixture between groups of Indians living in the same local community, which suggest caste discrimination begin way earlier. Racism and Discrimination Culture is deeply rooted in every Indian for more than 2000 years all the way until today.

An evil person always think the world is evil. Psychology teaches you, the most racist and discriminating race in the world, the Indians, is also the ones always screaming and accusing the world of racism towards them. Psychologists call it Projection. The rest of the world call it Hypocrite.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal

What did he expect when he auditioned for a Jackass Neo film? Was he expecting a Martin Scorsese type of audition?

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Science and Psychology

not forgetting the whining about being marginalized, and then play the sympathy card :mad:

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal

Shitskin ah neh the attention drama mama has been summoned by the polis.

Police question actor in audition saga, after reports lodged over viral FB post

SINGAPORE — Freelance actor Shrey Bhargava - whose Facebook post on his experience auditioning for local film Ah Boys To Men 4 (ABTM4) had gone viral and sparked widespread debate - had been questioned by the police over reports lodged concerning him.

In response to TODAY's queries, the 21-year-old confirmed that he met with officers at the Tanglin Police Division on Wednesday (May 31) and was questioned on "the intentions behind (his) post", among other things.

He said: "Yes, I was called by the (police) for questioning. I was informed there that there were police reports made. I was not informed for what or by whom, that was kept confidential."

Last Saturday, Mr Bhargava took to Facebook to express his disappointment at being asked by the casting director of ABTM4 to "be a more full-blown Indian man". The post has since been shared 4,500 times and attracted 1,400 comments.

While some commentators saluted him for raising the issue of "casual racism", there were those who slammed him as well for using the race card.

His post had also led Singaporeans from various quarters - from fellow artistes to social media influencers - to weigh in on the discussion on racial stereotypes.

Mr Bhargava said the police told him "not to worry about anything as I had done nothing wrong", but also advised him to "be cautious about what I post online as people may misinterpret me and my intentions to my detriment". He was also advised to contact the police if hate speech and abusive comments against him worsen.

"The Investigation Officer and I agreed that I am absolutely against racial violence of any sort and, instead, was only seeking a healthy and productive discussion for the betterment of Singapore's media landscape and society. Specifically, I wanted Singaporeans to engage in dialogue regarding the inclusion of minorities in the media, as well as to tackle the issue of casual racism in order to create a more inclusive and harmonious Singapore," he said.

ABTM4 will be jointly produced by J Team Productions and MM2 Entertainment, and directed by Jack Neo.

Approached by the media, J Team Productions had issued a statement saying that the casting director was testing Mr Bhargava on his "versatility" as an actor, and had asked him to perform the scene in various ways, including one as a "full blown Indian man".

However, Mr Bhargava disputed this: "This is not true. I was asked to do the scene only twice. The first time I did without direction. The second time, I did after being given the direction 'be more Indian' and to do it again as a 'full-blown Indian man'... The J Team's statement has misrepresented the facts... It has painted me in a damaging and deceptive light. It seems as though I over-reacted, or worse, that I lied."

Contrary to its claims, the J Team had failed to test for versatility, Mr Bhargava argued. "Instead, they defined for me what being Indian ought to mean and that is the crux of the matter... What did they mean by "Be more Indian"? Do they have a premeditated idea of what it means?... And why is being 'more Indian' supposed to be 'funny'," he questioned.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

The Police should charge those who made the report for vexatious conduct. Truly ridiculous.