• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Sportshub Shitskin Mofo CEO Manu Sawhney has resigned!!

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
This is the thing that really upsets me. Everyone I talk to in the last 2 days are upset by this. And this is symptomatic of nearly what is going wrong in the last decade. Yet when it' comes to GE, the amnesia is staggering.

I know how you feel. And it has been already how many elections since we had the internet? Give up on Singaporeans already.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
What is the Sportshub CEO supposed to "achieve" anyway?

Singapore Sports? It is an oxymoron.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am really lost, absolutely no idea. So many have lost their jobs in mid career, so many have been displaced by cheaper foreigners, so many have relatives and friends that are in that positions, so many have been treated so poorly by this government but come to the polling booth, their inner fear of falling HDB prices, economy collapsing which the PAP claims if they are out power suddenly grabs them.

Perhaps the votes over here had a blackout session Malaysia style too.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
I am really lost, absolutely no idea. So many have lost their jobs in mid career, so many have been displaced by cheaper foreigners, so many have relatives and friends that are in that positions, so many have been treated so poorly by this government but come to the polling booth, their inner fear of falling HDB prices, economy collapsing which the PAP claims if they are out power suddenly grabs them.

It is a play on the kiasu kiasee mentality of sinkies. It is also a reason why so few migrate even when they get their PRs. Fewer even bother to apply because it is "too troublesome".

The decline of Singapore is on Singaporeans, not so much the PAP. Singaporeans themselves have a poor mentality that breeds conceitedness. And they vote the PAP for the same familiar as they are more afraid of the unfamiliar.

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes Sir !
manu-sawhney.jpg

The Straits Times 26 May 2017 , Friday

Attachments

• P_20170527_001209_NT_1_1.jpg
    P_20170527_001209_NT_1_1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 417

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the early years when I asked Singaporeans both in the office and within the circle of friends and acquaintances why they did not consider emmigration, the usual answer would be that they did not want to be 2nd class citizen in a foreign country. I was truly bewildered. Interestingly I no longer hear that comment. I used to think that it was more to do with the growing prosperity of the country and the pride how we developed compared to other 3rd world country.

I also remember whenever a common friend announced that he or she was emigrating, you sense the soul searching and why it could not have been them from the circle of friends. So there was desire but the inertia was similar to voting in a new government.

It is a play on the kiasu kiasee mentality of sinkies. It is also a reason why so few migrate even when they get their PRs. Fewer even bother to apply because it is "too troublesome".

The decline of Singapore is on Singaporeans, not so much the PAP. Singaporeans themselves have a poor mentality that breeds conceitedness. And they vote the PAP for the same familiar as they are more afraid of the unfamiliar.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is typical of the SPH brothel. The Board did not say or mention the word "poison pen letter". It was Manu S who used the word. It gives the impression that allegations were false and malicious. Why ask someone to take leave based on the mere receipt of an anonymous letter. Why resign. Read the SPH article - its shocking. If this was about an opposition member, the knives will be out.

The Straits Times 26 May 2017 , Friday

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
CB Shit Times, this pundek is a Pundek from Pundek Land. Why the fuck Shit Times claimed he is SINGAPOREAN???
Fuckin fake news Shit Times as always conning daft Sinkies.

Hmmm...maybe he got his Pink IC hor :

Sports Hub CEO: A proud S’porean who didn’t serve NS

Protected May 22nd, 2017 | Author: Online Press

Manu Sawhney became the new Sports Hub CEO in Oct 2015.

In an interview about couple of months into the job, he told the media, “As a proud Singaporean, I thought it was a great opportunity for me to play my part in building sports. And using this facility … how do we help put Singapore on the global sporting destination map.”

And now, about 1.5 year later, it was reported yesterday (20 May) that he was forced to take an “extended personal leave” following an anonymous letter of complaint against him.

Sources told the media that the complaint contains allegations of his treatment of staff. Former employees staff described Sawhney as a demanding, vocal and volatile person. Several also said they would see him having “heated discussions” with the staff.

A Board meeting is expected to be held next week to discuss the complaint made against him.
[Hiring of new staff to replace old ones

Since Sawhney’s appointment, many senior management and staff have left Sports Hub, including its legal, marketing, corporate communication and HR heads. The media reported in Aug last year that the staff at Sports Hub were having “low morale” caused by the lack of communication, and actions by the company’s leadership.

“Since then, there has been very little communication by the leadership. There have been a lot of closed-door decisions, and we have not heard from the CEO regarding his vision and direction for the Sports Hub since he came on board,” a source told the media.

Another said, “A lot of new staff, including senior management, have been hired over the last several months but no one tells us who they are, or what they will be doing. They show up all of a sudden.”
“As a result, people get affected. They start wondering whether the new staff are here to eventually replace them,” the person added.

A former employee said the current leadership has also been questioning present staff about previous management decisions. “My colleagues and I have been made to feel as though we are always at fault for those decisions. This has really hurt morale,” said the ex-staffer.

Manu Sawhney is a new citizen hailed from India.

Sawhney was formerly an Indian national. According to his LinkedIn information, he studied at Birla Institute of Technology and Science for his first degree in Mechanical Engineering before going to Indian Institute of Foreign Trade for his MBA.

He started his career in ITC Global Holdings involving in commodity trading. Some time in the mid-2000s, he came to Singapore and joined ESPN STAR Sports, a broadcast media. He later became a PR and a new citizen.

As a new citizen, he does not need to serve full-time NS. However, since 2015, SAF has established the SAF Volunteer Corps (SAFVC).

Mindef said, “Non NS-liable Singaporeans and Permanent Residents (PRs) – such as women, first-generation PR sand new citizens – will now be able to contribute to national defence, show support for NS, and deepen their understanding and ownership of national defence.”

Since Sawhney said he is a “proud Singaporean”, it’s not known if he has also volunteered to defend our country by serving in SAFVC.

At least our Malaysian-born MP Puthucheary, who incurred public wrath for equating looking after babies as serving NS, quietly went to fulfill his duty to defend Singapore by signing up with SAFVC. The medical doctor now served as a security trooper to defend military facilities.

valleycat

Alfrescian
Loyal
hmmm...maybe he got his pink ic hor :

Sports hub ceo: A proud s’porean who didn’t serve ns

protected may 22nd, 2017 | author: Online press

manu sawhney became the new sports hub ceo in oct 2015.

In an interview about couple of months into the job, he told the media, “as a proud singaporean, i thought it was a great opportunity for me to play my part in building sports. And using this facility … how do we help put singapore on the global sporting destination map.”

and now, about 1.5 year later, it was reported yesterday (20 may) that he was forced to take an “extended personal leave” following an anonymous letter of complaint against him.

Sources told the media that the complaint contains allegations of his treatment of staff. Former employees staff described sawhney as a demanding, vocal and volatile person. Several also said they would see him having “heated discussions” with the staff.

A board meeting is expected to be held next week to discuss the complaint made against him.
[hiring of new staff to replace old ones

since sawhney’s appointment, many senior management and staff have left sports hub, including its legal, marketing, corporate communication and hr heads. The media reported in aug last year that the staff at sports hub were having “low morale” caused by the lack of communication, and actions by the company’s leadership.

“since then, there has been very little communication by the leadership. There have been a lot of closed-door decisions, and we have not heard from the ceo regarding his vision and direction for the sports hub since he came on board,” a source told the media.

Another said, “a lot of new staff, including senior management, have been hired over the last several months but no one tells us who they are, or what they will be doing. They show up all of a sudden.”
“as a result, people get affected. They start wondering whether the new staff are here to eventually replace them,” the person added.

A former employee said the current leadership has also been questioning present staff about previous management decisions. “my colleagues and i have been made to feel as though we are always at fault for those decisions. This has really hurt morale,” said the ex-staffer.

manu sawhney is a new citizen hailed from india.

sawhney was formerly an indian national. According to his linkedin information, he studied at birla institute of technology and science for his first degree in mechanical engineering before going to indian institute of foreign trade for his mba.

He started his career in itc global holdings involving in commodity trading. Some time in the mid-2000s, he came to singapore and joined espn star sports, a broadcast media. He later became a pr and a new citizen.

As a new citizen, he does not need to serve full-time ns. However, since 2015, saf has established the saf volunteer corps (safvc).

Mindef said, “non ns-liable singaporeans and permanent residents (prs) – such as women, first-generation pr sand new citizens – will now be able to contribute to national defence, show support for ns, and deepen their understanding and ownership of national defence.”

since sawhney said he is a “proud singaporean”, it’s not known if he has also volunteered to defend our country by serving in safvc.

At least our malaysian-born mp puthucheary, who incurred public wrath for equating looking after babies as serving ns, quietly went to fulfill his duty to defend singapore by signing up with safvc. The medical doctor now served as a security trooper to defend military facilities.

hope the complainant who wrote these 26 pages about sanu will post them here for all to read since there are so many who are keen to find out more about this bully and possibly ......?..

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't know why Sportshub even hired this fucker. do you know that while he was head of Sportshub, he was also a Director at Manure. How can he be a director of an EPL club thousands of km away and still run SPortshub? He is working part time for SPortshub? He should have resigned his directorship at Manure and concentrate 100% on Sportshub!! These fucking PAP porlumpars running Sportshub have some kind of love affairs with Thambis.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
hope the complainant who wrote these 26 pages about sanu will post them here for all to read since there are so many who are keen to find out more about this bully and possibly ......?..

knowing how useless many sinkies are, not surprised if mr malu may be right afterall

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Imo, current COO is more than competent to take over. Born and bred here. Olympic swimmer. Private sector experience. No need FT. Jin Teik is the man!

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
no one is more qualified thab Bill Ng, if he is appointed, SportsHub would b racking in millions and in public listing under 6 months