• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat No More Chicken Wings At Ikea From 23 May Because They Are Too Fucked Up!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
SINGAPORE - Ikea Singapore will stop selling chicken wings, a popular snack among shoppers at the furniture stores, from next Tuesday (May 23) for a period of time.

The Swedish chain said in a Facebook post on Friday afternoon it will improve on the wings before bringing them back.

"We are aware that our chicken wings have not been meeting our customers' satisfaction recently, so we have decided to stop selling them temporarily from 23 May so we can improve on it," went the post put up at about 3pm.

"Together with our supplier, we are committed to providing quality food products for everyone. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your continued support."

Ikea told The Straits Times that it received customer feedback about the wings' "taste and texture". It does not know how long it will take to improve them, but said: "We hope to find a solution as soon as possible."

The post was met with numerous comments from Facebook users, some of whom gave their opinion of the chicken wings served at the store's cafes.

"Ya the chicken wings were cold hard and looked like they have been fried more than once. Look forward to having the nice juicy wings again!" said Sue Ng.

"I used to love your chicken wings but after (I visited) last month I'm disheartened," said Oh Leng Kiong.

Some said the slip in food standards was not a recent phenomenon.

"I stopped liking the chicken wings some two years ago. They don't taste the same anymore.," wrote Jophrey Lim. "But I'm glad Ikea listened and decided to do something about it."

There are cafes at both of Ikea's Singapore stores at Alexandra Road and in Tampines.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...en-wings-temporarily-after-customers-complain

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The person in charge was 'greasing" palms with the supplier...& yet, during the "greasing" days, they made sure that the "wings" were of a good standard, so that there are no complains & management will not be alerted....

So, blame the drop in standard to "greasy palms"... unfortunately " no mangoes" were involved.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I only go when they have free coffee.Its good to meet up with fellow hakka jews there.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ikea's chicken wings @ Tampines si bui pai jia...than Alexandra.
Getting very expensive some more and lots of pinoy..

kelton65

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ikea's chicken wings @ Tampines si bui pai jia...than Alexandra.
Getting very expensive some more and lots of pinoy..

I went to Tampines branch before. Overcrowded and lots of noisy little bastard kids. And the food is expensive and taste mediocre.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
well at least they are reactive and responsive....better than kfc which has been going down the shitters for years...havent tasted good chicken since i went to genting highlands back when i was a teen.well except for arnold's fried chicken.....kinda ironic the only place that serves good fried chicken in Singapore is a malaysian restaurant.SG is one fucked up shithole.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Years ago I was a fan of their meatballs.
I would go there especially to have them but something changed in the taste & that is why I stopped going there.

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
well at least they are reactive and responsive....better than kfc which has been going down the shitters for years...havent tasted good chicken since i went to genting highlands back when i was a teen.well except for arnold's fried chicken.....kinda ironic the only place that serves good fried chicken in Singapore is a malaysian restaurant.SG is one fucked up shithole.

People should boycott these shit establishments, if they can survive means those with shit taste are supporting them keeping them alive.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
The person in charge was 'greasing" palms with the supplier...& yet, during the "greasing" days, they made sure that the "wings" were of a good standard, so that there are no complains & management will not be alerted....

So, blame the drop in standard to "greasy palms"... unfortunately " no mangoes" were involved.

Yes, the original supplier need not grease the palm of Ikea staff as his wings were best but for some reason he did and got charged and the public have been eating shit wings since then.
Now not only the wings are shit, some of the staff are also shit with attitude

fupikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, the original supplier need not grease the palm of Ikea staff as his wings were best but for some reason he did and got charged and the public have been eating shit wings since then.

If the service has been sub con or somehow hijack by the fucking smelly pinoys, it is no wonder the standards deteriorated....same same telecoms, postal, cleaning services all over Singapore.

....m&ds being m&ds, don't expect m&ds to become high grade clay which eventually can turn out fine porcelain.....so sad for Singapore....a pinoy fested shithole in the making....

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Ikea is a private company,is there a problem with greasing palms?

jw5

Loyal
Of course. In recent years, there have been news reports of both private and public corruption cases.

The following is from the firm King & Wood Mallesons webpage:

Singapore’s main anti-bribery legislation, the Prevention of Corruption Act (“PCA”) covers both public and private bribery and targets both recipients and givers of bribes. The PCA defines a bribe by reference to the term “gratification”, which broadly covers both financial and non-financial benefits.

Ikea is a private company,is there a problem with greasing palms?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

It is placing wine glasses in a pyramid formation, with the base is big & as it ascend to a last single glass...you open bottles of wine & pour it down & cascade, till every glasses is filled....the staff are the ones at the bottom. The one glass get to drink that common drinks fill, plus the those in the top two layers....but those at the top, gets theirs filled again, with a much better bottle from a 'good year'...while the one, holding one cup, gets a bottle of the "best year ever"....& have multiple fills...

That is why the attitude sucks & the wings too.... ha ha ha ha...they solved the problem of 'corruption' but not 'incentive' of working ...this problem is called, addressing the pain with a 'balm', but not treating the 'disease'...

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cb what kind of morons go to a furniture store to eat and still complain machiam they think is restaurant ?

They same that think that IKEA is a premium furniture store plus a premium restaurant, forgetting that IKEA sells knock down furniture at expensive prices & that restaurant is just a courtesy cafe....the same type who will vote for a premium government & later complain...