Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 165

Thread: Anatomy of a Sípore Financial Disaster: GICís investment in UBS

  1. #121
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Oxley Rise, Con You is my roomate
    Posts
    17,292
    My Reputation Points: 2391 / Power: 10

    Default Re: Anatomy of a Sípore Financial Disaster: GICís investment in UBS

    Quote Originally Posted by scroobal View Post
    I doubt if anything can be done. These guys would have moved their assets, sent their families over etc. We probably end up with elderly blur grassroots leaders who will probably hang around the hawkers centres looking for guidance. Also remember the entire scholar class and their salaries are a product of the PAP and they will protect their interest. The moment the Gurkhas open fire, Singaporeans will quickly go back to home.

    Really? the moment
    Gurkhas open fire, sinkies will quickly go home? Really? The is the age of FB, Instagram, sms, etc. And people are sick and tired of seeing FTs bossing them around in their own country. Gurkhas are just another form of imported FTs, eg mercenaries. Do you think sinkies will tolerate seeing their mothers, sisters, father, brothers,friends get gunned down in the street by Gurkhas from the Leegime? Or do you think they will sms everyone, use social media, go back to their respective camps, break into the armskote and ammo dump and armed themselves and then hunt Gurkhas?

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    37,587
    My Reputation Points: 13416 / Power: 12

    Default Re: Anatomy of a Sípore Financial Disaster: GICís investment in UBS

    Don't expect too much from a deluded, brainwashed, egoistic and gossipy former pap scholar like him. LOL.............. LOL................

    Quote Originally Posted by Papsmearer View Post
    Really? the moment
    Gurkhas open fire, sinkies will quickly go home? Really? The is the age of FB, Instagram, sms, etc. And people are sick and tired of seeing FTs bossing them around in their own country. Gurkhas are just another form of imported FTs, eg mercenaries. Do you think sinkies will tolerate seeing their mothers, sisters, father, brothers,friends get gunned down in the street by Gurkhas from the Leegime? Or do you think they will sms everyone, use social media, go back to their respective camps, break into the armskote and ammo dump and armed themselves and then hunt Gurkhas?

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,613
    My Reputation Points: 505 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Anatomy of a Sípore Financial Disaster: GICís investment in UBS

    Quote Originally Posted by jw5 View Post
    Don't expect too much from a deluded, brainwashed, egoistic and gossipy former pap scholar like him. LOL.............. LOL................
    Jw5 should be banned permanently.

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    37,587
    My Reputation Points: 13416 / Power: 12

    Default Re: Anatomy of a Sípore Financial Disaster: GICís investment in UBS

    Why? For criticizing a megalomaniac who wants to dominate this forum?

    Quote Originally Posted by nayr69sg View Post
    Jw5 should be banned permanently.

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,613
    My Reputation Points: 505 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Anatomy of a Sípore Financial Disaster: GICís investment in UBS

    Quote Originally Posted by jw5 View Post
    Why? For criticizing a megalomaniac who wants to dominate this forum?
    That's about all you do here.

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Oxley Rise, Con You is my roomate
    Posts
    17,292
    My Reputation Points: 2391 / Power: 10

    Default Re: Anatomy of a Sípore Financial Disaster: GICís investment in UBS

    Quote Originally Posted by nayr69sg View Post
    Jw5 should be banned permanently.

    I don't think he should be banned for fucking your mother's chaocheebye

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,613
    My Reputation Points: 505 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Anatomy of a Sípore Financial Disaster: GICís investment in UBS

    Quote Originally Posted by Papsmearer View Post
    I don't think he should be banned for fucking your mother's chaocheebye
    So you say. If he was doing the same to your mother do you think he should be banned?

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Timbuktu
    Posts
    30,342
    My Reputation Points: 2501 / Power: 12

    Default Re: Anatomy of a Sípore Financial Disaster: GICís investment in UBS

    Quote Originally Posted by Papsmearer View Post
    Really? the moment
    Gurkhas open fire, sinkies will quickly go home? Really? The is the age of FB, Instagram, sms, etc. And people are sick and tired of seeing FTs bossing them around in their own country. Gurkhas are just another form of imported FTs, eg mercenaries. Do you think sinkies will tolerate seeing their mothers, sisters, father, brothers,friends get gunned down in the street by Gurkhas from the Leegime? Or do you think they will sms everyone, use social media, go back to their respective camps, break into the armskote and ammo dump and armed themselves and then hunt Gurkhas?
    It is a different generation, during the late LKY times, it was by word of mouth & it starts spreading around, the 'tooth' gets smaller, the lies gets bigger. But if you show your 'muscle' most likely the people will cower, some will hit back though. But today...like you say with the social media, it gets spread faster than wildfire....plus people can go to the internet...to make 'weapons of choice' to hit back....no need to go armskote..

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    14,821
    My Reputation Points: 996 / Power: 5

    Default Re: Anatomy of a Sípore Financial Disaster: GICís investment in UBS

    Quote Originally Posted by halsey02 View Post
    It is a different generation, during the late LKY times, it was by word of mouth & it starts spreading around, the 'tooth' gets smaller, the lies gets bigger. But if you show your 'muscle' most likely the people will cower, some will hit back though. But today...like you say with the social media, it gets spread faster than wildfire....plus people can go to the internet...to make 'weapons of choice' to hit back....no need to go armskote..
    social media is the worst,it gives people an outlet to vent and become more keyboard warriors thus reducing the likelyhood that sinkies will take action in real life like riot or strike(like the little india shitskins),people get used to the routine and become more passive.thanks to social media i have bitched about PAP for more than 7 years and done nothing about it.

    of course there will be some extremely vocal pain in the butt anal warts and social justice warriors,but PAP has special machinery and laws to take care of them.almost every political activists since 2013 has already given up,gone into hiding or been silenced or had their spirits broken by the brutal ass fucking
    Give them bread and circuses and they will never revolt.

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Oxley Rise, Con You is my roomate
    Posts
    17,292
    My Reputation Points: 2391 / Power: 10

    Default Re: Anatomy of a Sípore Financial Disaster: GICís investment in UBS

    Quote Originally Posted by halsey02 View Post
    It is a different generation, during the late LKY times, it was by word of mouth & it starts spreading around, the 'tooth' gets smaller, the lies gets bigger. But if you show your 'muscle' most likely the people will cower, some will hit back though. But today...like you say with the social media, it gets spread faster than wildfire....plus people can go to the internet...to make 'weapons of choice' to hit back....no need to go armskote..
    when i was a younger buck, and still with the SAF, I was tasked with many standby duties with my tank platoon, and later at Brigade. For readers who do not know what a standby unit is, the SAF has a fast reaction force consisting of all the arms. So there is a standby infantry, arty, armour, etc units. They are of various sizes. For armour, the standby unit is platoon size. When activated, the units are supposed to roll, fully armed and loaded, out of their camps within 4 hrs or less. Personnel assigned to the standby units are confined to camp.

    I promised myself that if my platoon was ever activated and we were send out on the streets and asked to shoot sinkie protesters, I will refuse the order. More then that, I will personally shoot the asshole who gave me that order. If I see any gurkhas or any other units opening fire on civilian protesters, I will order my platoon to fire on them. In other words, the people of singapore, i.e. the civilians are what I signed up to protect. Not the Leegime dictators. I hope that the younger people in the SAF today feel the same. Because it sure as hell is hard to dislodge a Leo 2 if it decides to support the protesters.

  11. #131
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Timbuktu
    Posts
    30,342
    My Reputation Points: 2501 / Power: 12

    Default Re: Anatomy of a Sípore Financial Disaster: GICís investment in UBS

    Quote Originally Posted by Papsmearer View Post
    when i was a younger buck, and still with the SAF, I was tasked with many standby duties with my tank platoon, and later at Brigade. For readers who do not know what a standby unit is, the SAF has a fast reaction force consisting of all the arms. So there is a standby infantry, arty, armour, etc units. They are of various sizes. For armour, the standby unit is platoon size. When activated, the units are supposed to roll, fully armed and loaded, out of their camps within 4 hrs or less. Personnel assigned to the standby units are confined to camp.

    I promised myself that if my platoon was ever activated and we were send out on the streets and asked to shoot sinkie protesters, I will refuse the order. More then that, I will personally shoot the asshole who gave me that order. If I see any gurkhas or any other units opening fire on civilian protesters, I will order my platoon to fire on them. In other words, the people of singapore, i.e. the civilians are what I signed up to protect. Not the Leegime dictators. I hope that the younger people in the SAF today feel the same. Because it sure as hell is hard to dislodge a Leo 2 if it decides to support the protesters.
    During National Slavery days...& after...I have taken part in standby...in 'places I won't mention' & during N.S. once a year, we have anti-riot drills, where we have to wear the anti-riots gears, with the batons, wiker baskets shield, gas mask etc...& learn to operate the tear gas launcher with the gas canister, learn to do the formation & command & to engage the rioters....& once we did a night patrol exercise at Hill Crest Rd....

    But rioters will be different today....& was really surprised that 'ambulance' could be used for armoured vehicle & command centre...ha ha ha

  12. #132
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,613
    My Reputation Points: 505 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Anatomy of a Sípore Financial Disaster: GICís investment in UBS

    Quote Originally Posted by Papsmearer View Post
    when i was a younger buck, and still with the SAF, I was tasked with many standby duties with my tank platoon, and later at Brigades.
    Papsmearer last time you SAF regular?

  13. #133
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    14,821
    My Reputation Points: 996 / Power: 5

    Default Re: Anatomy of a Sípore Financial Disaster: GICís investment in UBS

    Quote Originally Posted by halsey02 View Post
    During National Slavery days...& after...I have taken part in standby...in 'places I won't mention' & during N.S. once a year, we have anti-riot drills, where we have to wear the anti-riots gears, with the batons, wiker baskets shield, gas mask etc...& learn to operate the tear gas launcher with the gas canister, learn to do the formation & command & to engage the rioters....& once we did a night patrol exercise at Hill Crest Rd....

    But rioters will be different today....& was really surprised that 'ambulance' could be used for armoured vehicle & command centre...ha ha ha
    I served NS in the 2000s,IV seen those old "riot gear",the mask looks hot as fuck I'm pretty sure it's going to suffocate u before the gas does,there's no way in hell u can breathe in that while running for the ambulance.and I'm not exactly sure what to do with the shield,the shield is a woven dustbin lid made of ratten.are u supposed to wear it for protection or pretending to be road sweepers?are the rioters going to throw rubbish and banana peel at you?are u supposed to bang the lid to scare the rats away?
    Give them bread and circuses and they will never revolt.

  14. #134
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    480
    My Reputation Points: 426 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Anatomy of a Sípore Financial Disaster: GICís investment in UBS

    Quote Originally Posted by Papsmearer View Post
    Really? the moment
    Gurkhas open fire, sinkies will quickly go home? Really? The is the age of FB, Instagram, sms, etc. And people are sick and tired of seeing FTs bossing them around in their own country. Gurkhas are just another form of imported FTs, eg mercenaries. Do you think sinkies will tolerate seeing their mothers, sisters, father, brothers,friends get gunned down in the street by Gurkhas from the Leegime? Or do you think they will sms everyone, use social media, go back to their respective camps, break into the armskote and ammo dump and armed themselves and then hunt Gurkhas?
    No need to gun down so many mothers, sisters or fathers, just one brother and the rest will run home.
    Do you think sinkies have the balls? They dare not even vote for change in every election.
    The reason I said this is many of my friends who bad mouthed a lot about PAP chickened out when I invited them to the Speakers Corner.
    I asked them why and most replied; What if someone take photo of us? Fuck their mother chee byes...I deleted almost all of them!
    Last edited by tyudm; 19-05-2017 at 04:36 AM.

  15. #135
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    14,821
    My Reputation Points: 996 / Power: 5

    Default Re: Anatomy of a Sípore Financial Disaster: GICís investment in UBS

    I hope ho jinx open another casino or two soon,cause cpf funds are running out.and also remove the $100 levy and introduce more poker tables.
    Give them bread and circuses and they will never revolt.

  16. #136
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Oxley Rise, Con You is my roomate
    Posts
    17,292
    My Reputation Points: 2391 / Power: 10

    Default Re: Anatomy of a Sípore Financial Disaster: GICís investment in UBS

    Quote Originally Posted by frenchbriefs View Post
    I hope ho jinx open another casino or two soon,cause cpf funds are running out.and also remove the $100 levy and introduce more poker tables.
    Leegime and Familee better donate 38 Oxley Road to the people of SIngapore to make up for all the losses that they have incurred. At most, can get only $100 million for that ramshackled mouldy shack.

  17. #137
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    37,587
    My Reputation Points: 13416 / Power: 12

    Default Re: Anatomy of a Sípore Financial Disaster: GICís investment in UBS

    Don't assume that sinkies lack courage just because you do. They will surprise you at the best of times.

    Quote Originally Posted by tyudm View Post
    No need to gun down so many mothers, sisters or fathers, just one brother and the rest will run home.
    Do you think sinkies have the balls? They dare not even vote for change in every election.
    The reason I said this is many of my friends who bad mouthed a lot about PAP chickened out when I invited them to the Speakers Corner.
    I asked them why and most replied; What if someone take photo of us? Fuck their mother chee byes...I deleted almost all of them!

  18. #138
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,613
    My Reputation Points: 505 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Anatomy of a Sípore Financial Disaster: GICís investment in UBS

    Quote Originally Posted by tyudm View Post
    No need to gun down so many mothers, sisters or fathers, just one brother and the rest will run home.
    Do you think sinkies have the balls? They dare not even vote for change in every election.
    The reason I said this is many of my friends who bad mouthed a lot about PAP chickened out when I invited them to the Speakers Corner.
    I asked them why and most replied; What if someone take photo of us? Fuck their mother chee byes...I deleted almost all of them!
    Yup this is how the majority of sinkies are. That is why I gave up on them and moved to Canada.

    No point hanging out with these losers on the sinking ship.

  19. #139
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,613
    My Reputation Points: 505 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Anatomy of a Sípore Financial Disaster: GICís investment in UBS

    Quote Originally Posted by jw5 View Post
    Don't assume that sinkies lack courage just because you do. They will surprise you at the best of times.
    Yeah hopefully they can surprise at the next Singapore general election. In any case I think the problems with Singapore are more deep rooted and a simple regime change cannot save Singapore anymore. But that's my opinion. I know many Singaporeans are still hopeful that somehow things will get better although they have no idea who or how that will come about.

  20. #140
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sporeta
    Posts
    8,797
    My Reputation Points: 547 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Anatomy of a Sípore Financial Disaster: GICís investment in UBS

    Quote Originally Posted by Papsmearer View Post
    Tharm is really a snake oil salesmen, these apunehs really have the gift of the gab. So let me summarize for Tharm.............

    CPF collect monies from peasants.
    CPF turns around and gives money to MOF/Govt in return for promissory notes called SSGS
    Govt/MOF takes these monies along with other money from other sources and gives it to GIC to manage
    GIC takes the money and manages it by buying UBS notes and stocks
    So, if you follow the money, CPF funds does end up along with other monies into UBS.
    It is all about how question is asked, is it not? How far will you go to uncover the truth. That is why some people say hesitation leads to masturbation.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Too much money to burn? GIC invests in unsecured bonds
    By PrinceCharming in forum The Courtyard Cafť
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 17-12-2013, 12:13 PM
  2. hor say...UBS make $$ | GIC invest in three little PIGS
    By red amoeba in forum The Courtyard Cafť
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 28-10-2011, 07:59 AM
  3. GIC Investment in BP may wiped off another Billion $ in value
    By bart12 in forum The Courtyard Cafť
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 12-06-2010, 01:58 PM
  4. GIC invests in Prudential, ready to lose another S$20 billion
    By swampthing in forum The Courtyard Cafť
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-03-2010, 12:50 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-02-2010, 08:00 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •