• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Good contributors targeted

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
This was just reported by doc and I am miffed.

Doc as many veterans would recall has shared his journey over many years from Australia to Canada in this forum. Along the way he has given the occasional advice on health. He shared each and every challenge in each point in time. He also shared his time as a blue colour worker in Canada and back to medicine. He give as good as gets but eventually like other good contributors, he too will disappear and I am sure that is intention of a select few.

Is this the way we treat good contributors? Do remember that we are not talking about serious stuff, just ordinary banter about experiences and life.

Is there anyway we can address this form of targeting? This has nothing to do with freedom of speech. This is exactly the opposite - stifling free speech.

I can encourage other including the quieter ones to share your opinions in this thread. The general impression is that no one is bothered because folks like to keep their counsel to themselves. Or the impression is exactly the reality.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
This was just reported by doc and I am miffed.

Doc as many veterans would recall has shared his journey over many years from Australia to Canada in this forum. Along the way he has given the occasional advice on health. He shared each and every challenge in each point in time. He also shared his time as a blue colour worker in Canada and back to medicine. He give as good as gets but eventually like other good contributors, he too will disappear and I am sure that is intention of a select few.

Is this the way we treat good contributors? Do remember that we are not talking about serious stuff, just ordinary banter about experiences and life.

Is there anyway we can address this form of targeting? This has nothing to do with freedom of speech. This is exactly the opposite - stifling free speech.

I can encourage other including the quieter ones to share your opinions in this thread. The general impression is that no one is bothered because folks like to keep their counsel to themselves. Or the impression is exactly the reality.

I am not going anywhere. Thanks scroobal for saying something on this.

I think one way is to just not respond directly to some of these people. For example I no longer will acknowledge or respond to posts from Winnipegjets/Frenchbriefs. They are the same person. It has worked for me.

Scroobal, the other way to look at it is that very many Sinkies are jealous, envious, petty, small minded, kiasee kiasu people. It is nothing new to me. When I told colleagues I was going to leave I could see it in their eyes and heard behind my back things like "he sure cannot make it one" , "sure end up come back".

Scroobal, perhaps you give sinkies too much credit. All this targeting represents the true sinkie deep down in their hearts.

Going by statistics, we should have more of these unsavory posts than the intellectual helpful stuff.

They are free to insult me, accuse me whatever. It is free speech after all.

Life is 10% what you make of it, and 90% how you take it.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Anyway for the SBF record, I am back in Singapore running a maid agency in Lucky Plaza. :smile:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I too have long ignored some including the one you mentioned. Unfortunately not many decent people are bothered to hang around.

I am not going anywhere. Thanks scroobal for saying something on this.

I think one way is to just not respond directly to some of these people. For example I no longer will acknowledge or respond to posts from Winnipegjets/Frenchbriefs. They are the same person. It has worked for me.

Scroobal, the other way to look at it is that very many Sinkies are jealous, envious, petty, small minded, kiasee kiasu people. It is nothing new to me. When I told colleagues I was going to leave I could see it in their eyes and heard behind my back things like "he sure cannot make it one" , "sure end up come back".

Scroobal, perhaps you give sinkies too much credit. All this targeting represents the true sinkie deep down in their hearts.

Going by statistics, we should have more of these unsavory posts than the intellectual helpful stuff.

They are free to insult me, accuse me whatever. It is free speech after all.

Life is 10% what you make of it, and 90% how you take it.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am glad that [nayr69sg] continues to make his contributions.

For an individual to give up everything in Singapore, and emigrate to Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, working in a factory (manufacturer of windows?), and then some land development company, took and passed the medical exams, completed medical residency in Alberta, Canada, and practise medicine in Alberta, he has demonstrated that if you have the will, the willingness to accept any work in your new country, you can be successful and content in your own way.

In a way, I envy him, because he has been far more successful and achieved more significantly than me.

Doc, keep it up.

Wish you and your family, many happy, healthy, Blessed years.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
I am glad that [nayr69sg] continues to make his contributions.

For an individual to give up everything in Singapore, and emigrate to Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, working in a factory (manufacturer of windows?), and then some land development company, took and passed the medical exams, completed medical residency in Alberta, Canada, and practise medicine in Alberta, he has demonstrated that if you have the will, the willingness to accept any work in your new country, you can be successful and content in your own way.

In a way, I envy him, because he has been far more successful and achieved more significantly than me.

Doc, keep it up.

Wish you and your family, many happy, healthy, Blessed years.

Thanks Charlie99. You and others who migrated long ago inspired me to seek out a better life for my family. If not for the forum I doubt I would have even applied for PR.

I was just incredibly lucky when I moved to Canada. The stars were aligned at all the crucial turning points. Just very very lucky. I don't feel I should take credit for that. It is better to be lucky in life than to be smart and hardworking.

Last edited:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
I too have long ignored some including the one you mentioned. Unfortunately not many decent people are bothered to hang around.

I have a couple of theories why the decent people have disappeared

1) As you said, all the trolling

2) Previously it was a case of put the scoop on the forum so the public can know. Nowadays we have social media.

3) With several disappointing elections giving PAP EVEN MORE MANDATE despite all the efforts to reveal truths, many have given up. What's the point in trying to "convince" sinkies who do not want to be convinced? I belong to this group also.

Now, the forum is for me to have fun. Cheapskate banter. Some posters have very good ideas but would suddenly burst into personal vulgar cursing insults when their views are questioned and disagreed. So much for not liking LKY's totalitarian approach. LOL!

Oh well....enjoy the show :smile:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
People moving to social media is a given. I am talking about targeting.

I have a couple of theories why the decent people have disappeared

1) As you said, all the trolling

2) Previously it was a case of put the scoop on the forum so the public can know. Nowadays we have social media.

3) With several disappointing elections giving PAP EVEN MORE MANDATE despite all the efforts to reveal truths, many have given up. What's the point in trying to "convince" sinkies who do not want to be convinced? I belong to this group also.

Now, the forum is for me to have fun. Cheapskate banter. Some posters have very good ideas but would suddenly burst into personal vulgar cursing insults when their views are questioned and disagreed. So much for not liking LKY's totalitarian approach. LOL!

Oh well....enjoy the show :smile:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Maybe they are hired by PAP to do it.

Did I tell you before that once I met a forumer who turned out to be working for ISD? He had approached me on the basis of wanting to learn to lose weight ( I was doing some MLM at that time). We met for lunch at Jurong Point Fish & Co. Over lunch he asked me questions about whether I had any political ambitions? Opposition? I asked him what kind of work he did and he said he trained with the FBI in lie detection for several years. Gave me his card and it said he worked in ISD!

I told him I had no interest in that. Singapore is a lost cause. I was going to devote all my time and energy to leave Singapore.

After that I never heard from him again.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i remember when i first joined this forum back in 2013,i had no idea who the moniker scroobal was or that he even existed or what roled he played in the history of the forum,mainly it was because he never posted or almost never did for a period of 2 years,if he did it was so imperceptible that our radars never picked it up.for about 2 and a half years life was pretty bliss on this forum.other characters came,like Johntan in the early 2015?but it never derailed the forum.

then he showed up,i think it was some time around or after LKY's death and before the 2015 elections.....suddenly this forum went haywire,its like a switch was thrown,all kinds of tensions and factions showed up,lines drawn,divides ,its like some sort of alien marker landed on earth and every man,women's hormones went out of whack,people suffered from pms,depression,psychosis,hullucinatory,dementia,homicidal and suicidal all at the same time,it was madness.u could literally see the forum become hyperaggressive and hypercompetitive as people got drawn into this war to see who would reign supereme and who is the intellectual and moral supreme authority.or simply who got on each others nerves better....

oi vey,"good contributor" indeed.....i long for the days before good contributors existed.2013 to 2015 what a peaceful time it was

Last edited:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Just got another one in my reputation comment

"Fuck u.u sell your mother rotten phua cheebye at lucky plaza.post your website address here.if not your family one by one die FROM cancer or ACCIDENT N DIE BY Roadside.jesus want one head ONE HAND ONE LEG FROM YOUR FAMILY.post your mother cheebye now"

I am guessing winnipegjets/frenchbriefs.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, you did.

Intelligence services don't waste their time trolling the net, abusing people and spend time creating clones and paying so much money for points. These are people with no families, no life and no idea where they are heading. They therefore cannot share experiences.

Believe me any intelligence operative doing this thing would be transferred to the transport pool not because of their conduct but because they are not productive and basically useless.

A few countries such as China hires thousands of staff to influence social media and disrupt some activities. This is SBF, 90% have no idea whether their zipper is up or not. The PAP however have set up a bunch of people prior to 2011 to influence politics on social media but it has backfired as netizens have put in more embarrassing stuff.

Did I tell you before that once I met a forumer who turned out to be working for ISD? He had approached me on the basis of wanting to learn to lose weight ( I was doing some MLM at that time). We met for lunch at Jurong Point Fish & Co. Over lunch he asked me questions about whether I had any political ambitions? Opposition? I asked him what kind of work he did and he said he trained with the FBI in lie detection for several years. Gave me his card and it said he worked in ISD!

I told him I had no interest in that. Singapore is a lost cause. I was going to devote all my time and energy to leave Singapore.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, you did.

Intelligence services don't waste their time trolling the net, abusing people and spend time creating clones and paying so much money for points. These are people with no families, no life and no idea where they are heading. They therefore cannot share experiences and have to be preoccupied with silly things.

Believe me any intelligence operative doing this thing would be transferred to the transport pool not because of their conduct but because they are not productive and basically useless.

A few countries such as China hires thousands of staff to influence social media and disrupt some activities. This is SBF, 90% have no idea whether their zipper is up or not. The PAP however have set up a bunch of people prior to 2011 to influence politics on social media but it has backfired as netizens have put in more embarrassing stuff.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
It's pretty late now in Singapore isn't it? I always wonder whether there is a reason some of you guys are still up at this hour? Is it work?

For me I am busy doing paperwork for my maid agency.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal

I got a card from the boss of a printing firm. Lol

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's pretty late now in Singapore isn't it? I always wonder whether there is a reason some of you guys are still up at this hour? Is it work?

For me I am busy doing paperwork for my maid agency.

Do you tell your charges to repeat this mantra? This is Singapore. Nobody has the right to assault me for whatever reasons. Be like a trained SAF commando. Call Police! Lol