• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat unsolved crimes in SG

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The two brothers encased in cement in HK...over some gold cheating case...

I remember this case! They are scions of Million Goldsmiths. They lived a life of luxury and literally crossed the paths of some very dangerous psychopaths.

SirRichard

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember this case! They are scions of Million Goldsmiths. They lived a life of luxury and literally crossed the paths of some very dangerous psychopaths.

I just remembered there was a "delisted' recycling company boss that ran away after being convicted of white collar crime. Anyone remember the name? I think there are two brothers who are bosses and they collect old PCs and extract the gold content in it and sell them as well as the unwanted hardware for recycling.

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just remembered there was a "delisted' recycling company boss that ran away after being convicted of white collar crime. Anyone remember the name? I think there are two brothers who are bosses and they collect old PCs and extract the gold content in it and sell them as well as the unwanted hardware for recycling.

Its Goldtron.google it. its a big scandal and even one of its independent director was a MP. Sinkieland full of scams. nobody can be trusted. Your story is only partly correct. they recycled old chips that are supposed to be destroyed by packaging them as new and resell them as new chips in China and other asian countries. all the books were cooked. Ran away as usual when caught. Same as Khong guan biscuits.most run off to pinoyland and live off their ill gotten gains

jw5

Loyal
Not Goldtron. I think the company SirRichard was referring to was called Citiraya.

Its Goldtron.google it. its a big scandal and even one of its independent director was a MP. Sinkieland full of scams. nobody can be trusted. Your story is only partly correct. they recycled old chips that are supposed to be destroyed by packaging them as new and resell them as new chips in China and other asian countries. all the books were cooked. Ran away as usual when caught. Same as Khong guan biscuits.most run off to pinoyland and live off their ill gotten gains

SirRichard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not Goldtron. I think the company SirRichard was referring to was called Citiraya.

JW5, you're the man! I kept thinking of the name of the boss and the company and finally you solved my question!!!

Here's the link I found:

http://www.asiaone.com/News/the+Straits+Times/Story/A1Story20080815-82432.html

Fri, Aug 15, 2008
The Straits Times

THREE years after Ng Teck Lee fled the country with money he pocketed while running waste recycling company Citiraya, it has now surfaced just how much he amassed and how he did it.
In all, investigators believe he skipped town with US$51 million (S$72 million), made from selling used computer chips which the recycler should have destroyed.
This makes the fraud one of Singapore's biggest ever corporate scandals.

jw5

Loyal
You're welcome. It would have been hard to google it without the name of the company, I recalled it was Citi-something, so it was easier. :biggrin:

JW5, you're the man! I kept thinking of the name of the boss and the company and finally you solved my question!!!

Here's the link I found:

Fri, Aug 15, 2008
The Straits Times

THREE years after Ng Teck Lee fled the country with money he pocketed while running waste recycling company Citiraya, it has now surfaced just how much he amassed and how he did it.
In all, investigators believe he skipped town with US$51 million (S$72 million), made from selling used computer chips which the recycler should have destroyed.

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
U bal 3 pts . Power '0'

Here's the link I found:

Fri, Aug 15, 2008
The Straits Times