• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat My Nick in Flame Folder

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Despite not responding for the last few years and none of the posts in the thread carries my nick, the thread header has my nick. I know it was done with good intention. Lets leave it as a rant of one individual rather than include those not related to this rant. I also aware that a few gullible idiots think that other's nicks that participate in any discussion is also me.

I am making an attempt to kick-start some level of discussion on a more serious level. I do see some members with good track record coming back.

Is it possible that I moderate the moribund Political Thread and change the thread title to "Intelligentsia" or something similar pretentious sounding only to discourage untoward conduct. I will initiate all new threads in that folder and attempt serious discussion to take hold. This will also avoid disrupting the courtyard with unnecessary flame posts. The moderation will also ensure no single individual trashes a folder at will.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Despite not responding for the last few years and none of the posts in the thread carries my nick, the thread header has my nick. I know it was done with good intention. Lets leave it as a rant of one individual rather than include those not related to this rant. I also aware that a few gullible idiots think that other's nicks that participate in any discussion is also me.

I am making an attempt to kick-start some level of discussion on a more serious level. I do see some members with good track record coming back.

Is it possible that I moderate the moribund Political Thread and change the thread title to "Intelligentsia" or something similar pretentious sounding only to discourage untoward conduct. I will initiate all new threads in that folder and attempt serious discussion to take hold. This will also avoid disrupting the courtyard with unnecessary flame posts. The moderation will also ensure no single individual trashes a folder at will.

I support that. But you are gonna have a lot of work to do deleting posts. It is worth a try.

Victory2016

Alfrescian
Loyal
Despite the fact that many in this forum are graduates with post grad qualifications, many prefer to rant in good old Singlish with Hokkien profanities....

It's ok I guess.

Perhaps some are even MPs, out of work politicians and hopefully the Intel/police/AG types.

Looking forward to see more of everyone's views and rants and perhaps some juicy semi-fake news

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually you can leave the old posts and just moderate new posts.

I however feel sorry for Debonerman who was attempting to keep the thread on track. I remember THBF also ended up as my clone for the same reasons. Note he too decided to throttle back.

I support that. But you are gonna have a lot of work to do deleting posts. It is worth a try.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
No need powerful England to make your point or follow a line of argument. We have done in the past for years. All opinions are welcome however wayward or even those lined with profanities and insults. Par for the course as along as one does not trash the thread with their personal quarrels, stalking obsession and inadequacies.

ps. I also thought that one's argument in SBF got extra points of recognition if your swearing was of a high standard and still make your point.

Despite the fact that many in this forum are graduates with post grad qualifications, many prefer to rant in good old Singlish with Hokkien profanities....

It's ok I guess.

Perhaps some are even MPs, out of work politicians and hopefully the Intel/police/AG types.

Looking forward to see more of everyone's views and rants and perhaps some juicy semi-fake news

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

I would say the moderators over the past decade have done a good job, except when it comes to this particular moniker.

zhihau has done a kickass job. And even then he won't touch the gay.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
This forum now causes nothing but sadness and frustration. :(

It's really depressing.

ahtee

Alfrescian
Loyal
ahtee england may not be good because poly one. but hope people can understand. ahtee always try to read and improve. some threads here is interesting and good like scrobal and papsmear. i kena fuck here for tcss thread i buaygamguan, but also ok and wont hoot back because ahtee me here know my own standard and caliber. knn, limpei is hate those garcheow king use puacb high class england clone here clone there, puacheebye to these chiwawa chowahgua. you want jijiwaiwai go fuck your own mother.:oIo:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Zhihau, it will apply to all and any moderator attempting to moderate a highly liberal forum on a voluntary basis. Its a hiding to nothing. Thus my suggestion to move to the moribund folder as no one is using it and I moderate that folder. If at the end of the day, there is no traffic so be it but there is need to keep the courtyard cafe very lite on moderation in keeping with the original.

It's all fault. It's my inability to moderate the forum well. What can I do to make it better?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
It's all fault. It's my inability to moderate the forum well. What can I do to make it better?

The fault lies not with the moderation process but with the bloodymindedness of certain members who seem hell bent on seeing the place fail by destroying every meaningful thread they can lay their hands on.

I never in my wildest dreams believed that animosity, hatred in fact, could last that long in a world that it isn't even real.

harrych

Alfrescian
Loyal
We are talking about a f'kin vindictive bitch who has contributed nearly nothing to the forum and whose main intent is to pour out his bile for some small online issue. Not much better than the banned ginfreely in my book. The ultimate f'kin fartcatching retard.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think there is space for all but its requires some level of segmentation and for serious content and discussion, a separate folder that requires a fair degree of moderation and some ground rules. Its not to address one wayward individual but a select same few. It also sends a signal to newbies ( if there are any in this day and age of changing dynamics) what not to do in the stricter folder. It also easier for anyone moderating.

Yamato

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not surprised to see this thread

Saw this coming from recent threads started by TS

The real challenge will be for TS to start his own forum and he could do what he desires.

Whatever happened here have we seen less traffic? If not why need to give TS that privilege when he could very well start his own forum and appoint himself as moderator or whatever.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Doesn't sound logical. Don't address the ones who disrupt the thread but ask those whose threads are disrupted to go start their own forum. Someone rapes your wife and you look for a new wife. Sounds similar.

Not surprised to see this thread

Saw this coming from recent threads started by TS

The real challenge will be for TS to start his own forum and he could do what he desires.

Whatever happened here have we seen less traffic? If not why need to give TS that privilege when he could very well start his own forum and appoint himself as moderator or whatever.

Yamato

Alfrescian
Loyal
Doesn't sound logical. Don't address the ones who disrupt the thread but ask those whose threads are disrupted to go start their own forum. Someone rapes your wife and you look for a new wife. Sounds similar.

I wasn't taking about your wife being raped just addressing the issue of you asking for your very little kingdom within the kingdom hiding behind moderation power with impunity and immunity.

If you wish to address the issue of disruptions to threads so far I trust the way Leongsam and his moderators are handling it.

What you are really asking for is for immunity from disrupters to your threads and I have to stand up to say that this forum do not belong to you.

Your analogy of wife being rape speaks volume of your personality.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wasn't taking about your wife being raped just addressing the issue of you asking for your very little kingdom within the kingdom hiding behind moderation power with impunity and immunity.

If you wish to address the issue of disruptions to threads so far I trust the way Leongsam and his moderators are handling it.

What you are really asking for is for immunity from disrupters to your threads and I have to stand up to say that this forum do not belong to you.

Your analogy of wife being rape speaks volume of your personality.

How many threads have you started so far?