• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat bit demoralised after seeing stranger bank account balance in atm

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
was queuing behind a shortie tomboy think around 30yo , the atm a bit lag , after heshe walked away the screen was showing balance of $90k+ :eek:
though I have > this amount in total savings, of course not in normal saving account, felt a bit uncomfortable.
with heshe age, wonder where the money come from.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i always deposit money at the kallang wave mall dbs bank and i like to look at other people's atm receipts,mostly are poor peasants with a few hundred bucks or a few thousand living paycheck to paycheck.but once i found a stranger's receipt with like 450k.not surprising considering there are many high caste shitskins living at tanjong rhu just across the kallang stadium.

imagine walking around with half a million on ur atm receipt,surrounded by peasants,sure is a powerful feeling,no wonder they say money is an aprodisiac.no wonder the mp say money is dignity,all u peasants have no feeling what its like.money is so funny in the rich man's world.

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
was queuing behind a shortie tomboy think around 30yo , the atm a bit lag , after heshe walked away the screen was showing balance of $90k+ :eek:
though I have > this amount in total savings, of course not in normal saving account, felt a bit uncomfortable.

where you put all your money?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

That isn't much money. I had far more when I was 30 and that was many years ago.

My CPF funds are my biggest asset now. I have more than a million bucks there managed by financial wizard Mdm Ho Ching.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

There were at a time, when I had more than that amount you had viewed....you would have fainted ..!:smile: Lim Sway Sway would have swoon, if he viewed my CPF statement...but that I CAN'T TOUCH...it became yOUR CPF.

The rest...is over my head, giving me shelter...my home.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That isn't much money. I had far more when I was 30 and that was many years ago.

My CPF funds are my biggest asset now. I have more than a million bucks there managed by financial wizard Mdm Ho Ching.

Financial wizard ha ha ha....more like plating "ti kum, ti kum" when I was much younger....if one work hard & be thrifty, making 90k by 30 years of age, is not difficult...

jw5

Loyal

If you don't kaypoh other people's business so much, you will have less chance to be demoralised. :biggrin:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Interest rates are low & one shouldn't hold too much cash in the bank because inflation is higher than the interest rate.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
where you put all your money?

most of my money is distributed among some safe fix interest of average 1.8 to 2.25% interest only . my saving account only have 20k+ for expenditure before some of those tenure matures then I top up for expenditure again .
I try to minimise the output of this 20k by spending lesser and earning some lunch money from sg pool. in waiting to turn 55 yo to have more money.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you don't kaypoh other people's business so much, you will have less chance to be demoralised. :biggrin:

I was not kaypoh like frenhbrief. i happened to see the lag screen and not picking up receipts.
the max amount i ever seen in saving account balance (also from the screen) was 800k+ by a auntie.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Interest rates are low & one shouldn't hold too much cash in the bank because inflation is higher than the interest rate.

agreed but I'm not comfortable with non guaranteed stuff and worse anything that has mgt or comm.- I'm a sinkie loser.

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal

Where have you been all these time. Just look at the internet. Ordinary housewife in Singapore spend only 30 minutes a day trading stock can net $32,000 per month. Imagine how much she will make if she work harder to spend 5 hours a day. You're missing out man.

Or that buggie eyed fellow at lazada or q0010, who do eCommerce to make millions.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I àcfually believe you .
at 30 i was earning around 6.5k but never have more than 30k in savings. i only started saving around 37 and that time my income had already dropped to half the 6.5k due to opening of the gate.

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
By the age of 35, if one doesn't even have 100k of cash savings they will have a hard time trying to make ends meet.
In Sillypore, not many people can save 100k during their mid 30s.
Generally, those middle income group who are married, got their own HDB and have kids will not have much cash on hand.
A huge portion of them already went to service their loans and kids education etc.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
By the age of 35, if one doesn't even have 100k of cash savings they will have a hard time trying to make ends meet.
In Sillypore, not many people can save 100k during their mid 30s.
Generally, those middle income group who are married, got their own HDB and have kids will not have much cash on hand.
A huge portion of them already went to service their loans and kids education etc.

we missed out inheritance. I know quite a few both married and singles who were constantly eyeing on their parents money and flats..so sad.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
my kopi account balance is only $69. that can last me at least 23 days with 3 kups of cheap kopi a day.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal

the female bar owner made that much money from me when i was thirty.