• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Freehold Property Big Fuck? Still Can Take Back And Relegate You to 99-Year Leasehold

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Re: Freehold Property Big Fuck? Still Can Take Back And Relegate You to 99-Year Lease

as long as the population continues to afford it over a extended period of loan and interest rates remain low and the economy hums along,things could remain this way for a long time,

Peasants cannot afford HDB flats. just like they cannot afford a car, but they will still buy it. They are swallowing the PAP shit. PAP tell them its affordable. And PAP manipulate the housing market such that HDB is the cheapest available housing. But because they are the cheapest, it does not mean they are affordable. How can you tell this? People who can afford their housing do not deplete their retirement account every month to pay for it. If you have to dip into your retirement savings to pay for a particular item, then that item is not affordable to you. Simple? Understand now?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: Freehold Property Big Fuck? Still Can Take Back And Relegate You to 99-Year Lease

Peasants cannot afford HDB flats. just like they cannot afford a car, but they will still buy it. They are swallowing the PAP shit. PAP tell them its affordable. And PAP manipulate the housing market such that HDB is the cheapest available housing. But because they are the cheapest, it does not mean they are affordable. How can you tell this? People who can afford their housing do not deplete their retirement account every month to pay for it. If you have to dip into your retirement savings to pay for a particular item, then that item is not affordable to you. Simple? Understand now?

Affordable means can afford to pay monthly. Period.

If sinkies cannot afford cars, then COE and car prices would have long ago collapsed.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Affordable means can afford to pay monthly. Period.

If sinkies cannot afford cars, then COE and car prices would have long ago collapsed.

What stupid logic is that? Just because you make monthly payments means you can afford it? You can live beyond your means and still make payments. But that does not mean its affordable. In this case, monthly payments are not made from your after tax wage income. Its made from your retirement income. If you have to use your retirement income to purchase something that you cannot purchase from your net wages, then its unaffordable to you.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

What stupid logic is that? Just because you make monthly payments means you can afford it? You can live beyond your means and still make payments. But that does not mean its affordable. In this case, monthly payments are not made from your after tax wage income. Its made from your retirement income. If you have to use your retirement income to purchase something that you cannot purchase from your net wages, then its unaffordable to you.

Actually, being able to make monthly payments means you can afford it.

If you are living beyond your means, it means you either cannot afford the monthly payments or will run out of money in the near future to pay your monthly payments.

Vast majority of sinkies have serviced their HDB and car monthly payments for years without trouble.

Most sinkies use their CPFs entirely to service their mortgage because they were given bad advice to do so. But in return, they don't have to use cash, which many of them prefer to anyway.

For myself, I paid my monthly mortgage in cash and maxed out my CPF SA instead. I like the yearly compound interest.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Actually, being able to make monthly payments means you can afford it.

If you are living beyond your means, it means you either cannot afford the monthly payments or will run out of money in the near future to pay your monthly payments.

Vast majority of sinkies have serviced their HDB and car monthly payments for years without trouble.

Most sinkies use their CPFs entirely to service their mortgage because they were given bad advice to do so. But in return, they don't have to use cash, which many of them prefer to anyway.

For myself, I paid my monthly mortgage in cash and maxed out my CPF SA instead. I like the yearly compound interest.

In that case can I sign up to borrow a million dollars repayable over 99 years at hdb interest rates?I should be able to afford it.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

In that case can I sign up to borrow a million dollars repayable over 99 years at hdb interest rates?I should be able to afford it.

You could! Head down to your local neighbourhood bank next week! Some sinkies have done so for their recent HDB purchases and they look mighty pleased with themselves.
EXCLUSIVE: According to Housing Board data, a 5-room HDB resale flat at Block 425 Clementi Avenue 1 was sold for a record $960,000 this month, which translates to about $769 psf.

The approximately 1,259 sq ft flat is located between the 28th to 30th floors of the HDB block, which forms part of the Casa Clementi precinct, a multi-award winning public housing project.

The flat is located next to Nan Hua High and NUS High School, but is not within walking distance of Clementi MRT station.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/prop...m-hdb-flat-in-clementi-sells-for-record-960-0

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You could! Head down to your local neighbourhood bank next week! Some sinkies have done so for their recent HDB purchases and they look mighty pleased with themselves.

I just want the cash,not a hdb loan.