• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Tissue paper choping terrorist from Singapore: they are bullies, no?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The person who chope expects others to play he game and recognise the chope.
If enough people ignore the chope, the chope-er also lppl.
Its sinkies who like to conform thus you have this dumbfuck chope culture.

The only 'chope' I know is...you see a Bayi with Turban, you smack the nearest person, "BAYI CHOP"..& then ask, "what colour"..:biggrin:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
actually when you look at this whole tissue paper chopping thing, I would say it is more a case of sinkies being whimps than bullies.

Simple packet of tissue paper can "chope" seat. Wah lau. If sinkies all had more balls and took the paper and used it for themselves and say thank you this practice would end.

Think of how this all probably started.

Some sinkie probably realized he/she has nothing to use to chope the seat. But got packet of tissue. So put the tissue there.

Whimpy sinkies see the tissue say err....maybe got someone sit there? Wah can use tissue to chope ar?

Person comes back and finds seat still there. Happy like bird. And thus this practice was born. Monkey see monkey do.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just curious do they teach Hawker Centre mgt at the Unis. Somehow, they knew the solutions but why no implementation :biggrin:

cannot lah, how to? the best optimization algorithm and or planning can never solve peak hour mass subscription events let alone busy hour situations when every sinkie worker has approximately the same hour for lunch. companies will need to either stagger their lunch hour or provide lunch in company cafeterias to lessen load on hawker centers and food courts. majority of the time these eating areas are under-subscribed and relatively empty. cannot have these eating places planned or designed for peak crowds 24 by 7. some customers will see crowds, lines, tissue packs choping tables and balk for another makan location or return at a less packed time. it works out in the end in sg with so many choices and so many eateries nearby.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what lack of seats and poor planning shit are morons talking about? the google campus has a dozen massive food court style cafeterias to cater to over 20k employees and still cannot cope with every employee showing up for lunch at the same hour. lines are long and all tables are taken, how? whatever planning shit algorithm they cum out with also cannot cope with peak lunch hour. but employees don't chope with personal items. they will frown on you and report you to your supervisor if you ever pull such a crass stunt. employees simply line up at their favorite station or stall for food, get a combo, look around for empty spots at tables (tables are shared) and once opportunity presents itself, plunge their arse on the seat after a courtesy ask if it's ok to seat next or opposite you. if they can't find a seat or empty table spot for 69 seconds they will mill around outside looking for spots outdoors for another 69 seconds and eventually give up if it's too crowded and there's no chance of securing a spot for another 69 seconds. they don't hang around over your shoulders while you consume your meal in 23 minutes. that's impolite. the last resort is to return to counter and pack lunches in boxes provided and go back to desks and makan. it's actually a stressful time for many employees and visitors during peak lunch hour when tables are all occupied, inside and outside the dozen cafererias. they can get extremely packed, especially on rainy days when outdoor tables are abandoned.

IMG_0039.JPG

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
for a visitor at google cafeterias there is no desk to return to, thus one has to lanlan mill around for up to 23 minutes walking and looking like an zombie idiot with tray in hand until someone finishes lunch. while milling around during peak lunch hour there are tens of thousands of google employees crashing in at all the dozen cafeterias at about the same time. the alternative is to drive to castro street in downtown mountain view, get stuck in traffic, cannot find parking, circle around for 23 minutes, and when finally parking is available, cannot get a table anywhere because the whole damed downtown is packed. know the routine so well. everytime i'm invited for lunch at google, i would advised them to meet at castro instead at 11am (30 mins before peak hour begins), reserve a table at doppio zero, sit and eat to our hearts' content without stress and worry about choping, and speak italiano to the truly young and pretty italian waitresses serving us. otherwise, it's tapas at pascal or kuro ramen at maru-ichi.

google peak hour lunch lines at one cafeteria. how to chope and or reserve table? no such thing there.

IMG_0041.JPG

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
cannot lah, how to? the best optimization algorithm and or planning can never solve peak hour mass subscription events let alone busy hour situations when every sinkie worker has approximately the same hour for lunch. companies will need to either stagger their lunch hour or provide lunch in company cafeterias to lessen load on hawker centers and food courts. majority of the time these eating areas are under-subscribed and relatively empty. cannot have these eating places planned or designed for peak crowds 24 by 7. some customers will see crowds, lines, tissue packs choping tables and balk for another makan location or return at a less packed time. it works out in the end in sg with so many choices and so many eateries nearby.

Agreed. To add to all these rush hours and peak hours - u will find the trays return trolley missing and or cleaners on leave. :biggrin:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Agreed. To add to all these rush hours and peak hours - u will find the trays return trolley missing and or cleaners on leave. :biggrin:

The whole thing actually boils down to "education", "upbringing" " graciousness"....by upbringing....I return my trays etc.. anywhere, without being told, reminded etc... & anything else....by education, I have been taught to be gracious..

But, then again, I admit, at times, I do leave trays etc..unreturned for the nasty feeling I get, I am paying "premium" for the cleaners to clear the tables & paying "premium" in GST by spending money on the food & paying "premium" for I am also paying the food sellers, who is paying NEA etc..for employing people or paying for the cleaning services..

My "upbringing", "education" "graciousness", gets thrown out of the windows, for I will leave the tray etc on the table..for I am , what they say in Hokkein " Um gum guang" having to pay "premium" prices...let the cleaners do the work.

That is what , all these people 'chope' the tables too are thinking like that?... I pay "premium" I am entitle to " CHOPE " the table...:rolleyes:

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
The whole thing actually boils down to "education", "upbringing" " graciousness"....by upbringing....I return my trays etc.. anywhere, without being told, reminded etc... & anything else....by education, I have been taught to be gracious..

But, then again, I admit, at times, I do leave trays etc..unreturned for the nasty feeling I get, I am paying "premium" for the cleaners to clear the tables & paying "premium" in GST by spending money on the food & paying "premium" for I am also paying the food sellers, who is paying NEA etc..for employing people or paying for the cleaning services..

My "upbringing", "education" "graciousness", gets thrown out of the windows, for I will leave the tray etc on the table..for I am , what they say in Hokkein " Um gum guang" having to pay "premium" prices...let the cleaners do the work.
There is nothing ungracious about leaving the trays on the table after makan at food court or hawker centers. Hawker centers or foodcourts are hawker centers or foodcourts, not army cookhouse.

It's part of the set up where stallholders will clear the table for the next customer, and with big money foodcourt operators having taken over the operations of hawker centers, thus the term "foodcourt", cleaners are employed to take care of such chores.

If returning trays is all about good upbringing and graciousness, then everyone should do it at Ding Tai Fung, Crystal Jade and Paradise.

You will have shown good upbringing and graciousness by treating the cleaners nicely and not eat like a dog shitting on the table. Most importantly, don't kpkb and talk like your grandfather's kopitiam in a hawker center so that the person seated on the next table can also enjoy a peaceful meal.

The act of returning trays in foodcourts and hawker centers is something invented by the foodchain operators to fleece the customers so that they can employ less cleaners. In return, there is absolutely nothing in return. They will not lower the price of the food as a result of less cleaners employed. The money will go into the foodchain operators' pockets.

Another invention is the term "claustrophobic" to put the blame on you, not the people behind the policy to open the floodgates to migrants.

The campaign for good upbringing and graciousness should start from the food operators - with the cleaners and stallholders. Not every father mother and son is an UNCLE OR AUNTIE. Taxi driver they call Uncle, doctor also they call Uncle, lawyer also they call Uncle, Professor in University they also call Uncle. They turned the fucking foodcourt into some beer garden culture and see every man as a cheekopeh taxi driver buying beer and beoing beer ladies to past time.

Last edited:

bic_cherry

Alfrescian
Loyal
walaneh (sgfuck) said:
walaneh! :shock
Last time I was a paikia samseng lah! :@
Marking territories very common one lah! :angry
Not happy lai lah! :angr1
Just like I just said... Paikia samsengs (lawless gangsters) are running rogue all over the place (and many relish the adrenaline rush of successfully drawing fear in others with flimsy tissue packets)... Singapore has progressed little in term of graciousness and etiquette since the fatal race riots of 1964.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1964_race_riots_in_Singapore

bic_cherry

Alfrescian
Loyal
Honestboy (sgfuck) said:
Come to Singapore follow the Singapore way, don't ah chee ah choh..not happy then don't eat at hawker and foodcourt, go posh restaurants ..no need to chop..f-ing cheapskates..visit Spore must spend money to boost our economy not fighting seats with us locals at our daily eating places

There are not enough eating spaces because Singaporeans are selfish and inconsiderate and think that their tissue packets, car keys, office access or name cards need seats as well. Singaporeans also roam around like wild beast in herds so that they can gossip about each other and are xenophobia/ intollerant any unfamiliar person amongst them like the Toa Payoh couple who violently shoved an old man who tried to occupy an empty seat at their table.
Until my fellow Singaporeans can improve their behaviour, it is better for all foreigners to keep clear of Singapore to avoid any misunderstandings, fights or injuries as Singapore is becoming a lawless jungle where the law of the land is arbitrarily written and enforced by the triads, gangsters and petty criminals.

Toa Payoh: Small gangster incident amongst warring locals:
toapayohcover.jpg
sauce: http://mothership.sg/2017/04/heres-...g-man-shoving-the-old-man-at-a-hawker-centre/

E.g. Volunteering to stop a fight in Singapore caused American stuntman's demise :
ST_20160105_NHJOHN05_1962057.jpg

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...s-stuntman-who-fell-in-bid-to-stop-fight-dies