• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Why so many Bakeries in Singapore?

desmondquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
Breadtalk, Four leaves, Bangawan solos, Yamazaikis, prima deli, hdb bakeries. They are everywhere these days.

Apparently sinkies have been eating bread all day.

Might the high rate of diabetes be linked to the consumption of bread?

Last edited:

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
most of the low tee long are from mudland.
mudlanders dare to open chains of low tee tiam and hire their type to huat in sg.
I know 1 of such jiu hu gia turned towkay.

desmondquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
That time I see the Fourleaves bakery kitchen stock bags of MSG powder to add into their bread.

Makes it addicitive eh. Most sinkies don't even know.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Sinkies have nothing better to do but eat. And they are too lazy to cook.

In fact it is so ridiculous that sinkies will say they cannot survive outside of Singapore because they cannot live without the easy access to cheap crap food like they have in Singapore. Hence they will not migrate. All these are ploys to keep sinkies in sinkapore.

desmondquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
We should boycott bread. It's made of unhealthy wheat.

Only Northern chinks eat wheat. Southern Chinese all eat healthy rice.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
every time in sg malls i smell baked flour, sugar, eggs, butter, margarine. toxic fumes. can faint.

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sinkies have nothing better to do but eat. And they are too lazy to cook.

In fact it is so ridiculous that sinkies will say they cannot survive outside of Singapore because they cannot live without the easy access to cheap crap food like they have in Singapore. Hence they will not migrate. All these are ploys to keep sinkies in sinkapore.

I can't understand why we eat cheap crap food but our lifespans is one of the longest on Earth. I don't relish living to 80 years or older.

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
every time in sg malls i smell baked flour, sugar, eggs, butter, margarine. toxic fumes. can faint.

The smell of Indian prata curry at nex level 2 is the best! Why did the management allow it to be located next to the most populous elevator in the mall?

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
I can't understand why we eat cheap crap food but our lifespans is one of the longest on Earth. I don't relish living to 80 years or older.

It is because you got quack doctors taking care of you in Sinkapore that's why live so long.

First world medicine is quack medicine. The real medicine like TCM and acupuncture will make you die earlier and be better for you.

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is because you got quack doctors taking care of you in Sinkapore that's why live so long.

First world medicine is quack medicine. The real medicine like TCM and acupuncture will make you die earlier and be better for you.

Very true! It's a chore to take so many medicines once you get a myocardial infarction balloon stent and miraculously survive. I certainly don't relish taking immuno-suppressive drugs for the rest of my life just to get someone else's liver inside me.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Very true! It's a chore to take so many medicines once you get a myocardial infarction balloon stent and miraculously survive. I certainly don't relish taking immuno-suppressive drugs for the rest of my life just to get someone else's liver inside me.

Exactly. All fake medicine from quacks.

Got heart attack should go to bomoh where they practice the real medicine/magic. Some prayers throw some coconut water and you end up go to heaven. So good right! Instant relief from eternal suffering! Those are the real doctors.

desmondquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
Modern medicine, or allopathy, is characterized by the heavy use of drugs, radiation, lengthy hospital stays and invasive surgery.

With the exception of syphilis and other acute diseases, I know not how this school of medicine has improved quality of patient's lives. There hasn't been a blockbuster drug like penicillin for many years.

In fact, patients with chronic illnesses often suffer more under modern medicine -- think chemotherapy, statins, etc.

It's always about treatment and not the cure. No pharmaceutical drug is 100% specific and when the molecule is isolated from its manifest form in nature, it becomes poison.

Bottom line: Preventative medicine is the best. Let food be thy medicine.

A few quotes from wise men:

"Doctor, no physicking. We are, as I already told you , a machine made to live. We are organised for that purpose, and such is our nature. Do not counteract the living principle. Let it alone; leave it the liberty of defending itself, — it will do better than your drugs."

"Doctors are men who prescribe medicines of which they know little, to cure diseases of which they know less, in human beings of whom they know nothing."

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease."

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Exactly. All fake medicine from quacks.

Got heart attack should go to bomoh where they practice the real medicine/magic. Some prayers throw some coconut water and you end up go to heaven. So good right! Instant relief from eternal suffering! Those are the real doctors.

That's the other extreme. The truth is always in the middle.

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Modern medicine, or allopathy, is characterized by the heavy use of drugs, radiation, lengthy hospital stays and invasive surgery.

With the exception of syphilis and other acute diseases, I know not how this school of medicine has improved quality of patient's lives. There hasn't been a blockbuster drug like penicillin for many years.

In fact, patients with chronic illnesses often suffer more under modern medicine -- think chemotherapy, statins, etc.

It's always about treatment and not the cure. No pharmaceutical drug is 100% specific and when the molecule is isolated from its manifest form in nature, it becomes poison.

Yes, that basically sums up modern medicine. I wondered what's the purpose of titanium dioxide in Nexium. This class of drugs omeprazole is really atrocious. Imagine you get GERD and you take it for the rest of your life and it doesn't cure you at all!

I am smart. I cured my GERD with betaine hydrochloride and himalayan salt and seaweed. If you have GERD, you really need more stomach acid, not proton pump inhibitors! GERD is a condition where your stomach can't create enough acid to properly digest your food. Just speaking from my own experience.