• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Burn opium China national hero Lin Zexu was Hokkien

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lin Zexu is listed as one of the 名人 aka famous people in 闽南民系Wikipedia

https://zh.m.wikipedia.org/zh/闽南民系

名人

主条目:福建行政长官列表和中華人民共和國福建省正職領導

冰心
蔡京
蔡襄
陈嘉庚
陈景润
陈至立
邓拓
侯德榜
洪承畴
李贽
李旦
卢嘉锡
林觉民
林则徐
林徽因
林语堂
沈葆禎
林旭
王審知
陳元光
林森
柳永
梁鴻志
马约翰
倪柝声
宋尚节
宋慈
萨镇冰
王载
翁占秋
严复
殷承宗
施世綸
郑芝龙
郑成功
郑經
郑振铎
朱熹
董橋
董奉
叶向高

desmondquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
The cheapest form of pride is national pride. For if a man is proud of his own nation, it argues that he has no qualities of his own of which he can be proud; otherwise he would not have recourse to those which he shares with so many millions of his fellowmen. The man who is endowed with important personal qualities will be only too ready to see clearly in what respects his own nation falls short, since their failings will be constantly before his eyes. But every miserable fool who has nothing at all of which he can be proud adopts, as a last resource, pride in the nation to which he belongs; he is ready and glad to defend all its faults and follies tooth and nail, thus reimbursing himself for his own inferiority.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
The cheapest form of pride is national pride. For if a man is proud of his own nation, it argues that he has no qualities of his own of which he can be proud; otherwise he would not have recourse to those which he shares with so many millions of his fellowmen. The man who is endowed with important personal qualities will be only too ready to see clearly in what respects his own nation falls short, since their failings will be constantly before his eyes. But every miserable fool who has nothing at all of which he can be proud adopts, as a last resource, pride in the nation to which he belongs; he is ready and glad to defend all its faults and follies tooth and nail, thus reimbursing himself for his own inferiority.

So what's your point again? Anyway sinkies got national pride or not, this is your country and home hahahaha. Go to anywhere else - even a shit hole - thinking they are the same people and you will be gravely disappointed that you are just foreigners to them.

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lin Zexu was a Fuzhou native, in a region in north eastern Fujian that has its own dialect as well as its unique cuisine and opera. It is a sub-culture that is different from Min Nan in southern Fujian. A Xiamen native when visiting Fuzhou has to converse in Mandarin to the locals as nobody in Fuzhou can understand the Min Nan dialect. Fujian is very diverse; there are sizeable Hakka people in Fujian (the famous one being the badminton star Lin Dan) and there are few other sub-groups living in the hilly regions of northern Fujian.

Yup nothern fukkinese aka fuzhou are very different from the hokkiens in the south despite the fact that both are in the same province.

Anyway i understand that heng hwa is a type of hokkien or fujian type of dialect and there are heng hwa resturants in sg. Once i spoke to some sammyboy member on the phone and she told me she's heng hwa i got confused cos i never heard of this dialect prior to speaking with her.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow Lin Zexu was a true patriot who did superb contribution even when he was exiled. He cared alot of Xinjiang people and thought the best way to improve their lives was to improve water irrigation and led the people there to build a large canal, turned huge wasteland to farming land, improved border security etc.

http://dailynews.sina.com/bg/chn/chnlocal/chinapress/20090605/0234327307.html

“虎門銷煙”成為英國發動第一次鴉片戰爭的藉口,林則徐由英雄變成罪人,被貶新疆,他不計個人得失,積極奔走於新疆各地,從事募民屯墾、勘察南疆、興修水利、疾呼加強西北塞防等,為當地的經濟、文化的發展和邊防的鞏固做出了積極的貢獻。"

"林則徐身處逆境,卻依然憂國憂民,逐漸得到布彥泰將軍的信任。

林則徐到新疆後,不僅看到了沙俄的勃勃野心,還目睹了這裏的荒涼景象。他認為,要充實邊防和改善民衆生活,最好的辦法是實行屯田備邊。他建議將墾地分給當地維吾爾族民衆耕種,並把原來的屯兵制改為操防制,使邊防駐軍既從事耕種土地,又進行軍事訓練,做到屯田與邊備相結合、兵與民結合,在西北邊疆築起一道銅牆鐵壁。

為了發展農業生産,林則徐向布彥泰提出開墾荒地的要求,布彥泰採納了這一意見。

從1843年秋開始,林則徐以衰老的病軀,不辭勞苦地當起了“愚公”,負責開墾惠遠城東邊的阿齊烏蘇荒地。這是一項極為艱巨繁重的工程,要將不毛之地變成可耕種的良田,必須開挖渠道、引水灌溉。"

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lin Zexu was a water irrigation expert and suggested to build a large canal to bring in water from the river. It was a gigantic project that he and the local officials and people donated money as there was no funds from Qing govt. This irrigation canal took more than 100,000 people and 4 months to build and the canal is still functioning today.

http://dailynews.sina.com/bg/chn/chnlocal/chinapress/20090605/0234327307.html

林則徐是個經驗豐富的水利專家,他在勘察中發現,當地並不缺水,伊犁河以及它的幾條支流的水量都很大,但以前開挖的引水灌溉渠道規模較小,豐富的水資源被白白浪費掉了。要解決開荒屯田的用水,必須將原有的喀什河引水渠道拓寬加深,並開挖新渠引入阿齊烏蘇。但開渠引進喀什河水的工程浩大。林則徐認領了一段最艱難的工程。清廷沒有經費投入,林則徐就與當地官員紳民共同捐資。
  他運用自己在內地長期治河的經驗,於1844年(清道光二十四年)5月開鑿引水道,釘樁拋石,歷時4個月,用工10余萬人次,至當年9月,渠工告成。
  喀什河水引至阿齊烏蘇,自龍口至渠尾“無不盈科遞進,水到渠成”,共可灌溉田地10余萬畝。直到今天,這條寬廣的渠道依然碧波粼粼,滋潤著西部土地,當地民衆稱之為“林公渠”。
  到1844年11月,林則徐已開墾了大量荒地:阿齊烏蘇地區3.335萬畝,阿勒卜斯地區16.1萬畝。有書籍記載林則徐的這一功績説:“林則徐的查勘開墾使新疆的大漠廣野都變成肥沃良田,農戶炊煙相望,田野耕作皆滿,合兵農為一體,每年為國家省經費無數,人民的生計亦由此而充裕。”

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Finally the emperor remembered​ Lin Zexu in 1845 and removed his "criminal" status after 5 years of hard work, by then he was already 61 years old. He worked in lower positions for another few years and retired before he was finally re-appointed 欽差大臣 in 1850 but he died from sickness on the way to his Guangxi assignment.

1845年,鴉片戰爭早已塵埃落定,道光皇帝此時又想起了林則徐。於是,這年10月28日,道光皇帝以布彥泰奏陳林則徐在新疆開墾功績為由下詔,命林則徐回京以四品京堂候補。
  至此,經過5年的苦熬,已經61歲的林則徐終於摘掉了“罪臣”的帽子。後來,林則徐又得到朝廷的重用,先後被任命為三品頂戴署理陝甘總督、陝西巡撫、雲貴總督,並因制止回、漢衝突有功被皇上授予“太子太保”頭銜,賞戴花翎,重登人臣之極。
  1850年10月17日,已經告老還鄉的林則徐又被新登基的咸豐皇帝再度起用,派為欽差大臣前往廣西鎮壓天地會起義。但抱病出征的林則徐,未及抵達廣西,便於11月22日病死在廣東潮州普寧縣行館,終年66歲。

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok that is all. Wow can learn so much of china history just by reading up on this great hero, real superior and high class Chinese Lin Zexu!

MadrigalWheel

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fuck you lah, the commies long time ago move away from this kind of cheena ulu music, back in the 60s they were already producing fucking multi-platinum hits you understand??

FUCKING ANTI-COMMIE COCK SUCKER!!

Even the so-called father of modern China Sun Yat-sen was a Hakka-Cantonese. Everywhere you can see the superiority of Hakka-Cantonese-Hokkien chinks. Now you can see why communist panda Xi Jinping from Shaanxi/Henan will never make China great. In fact, he's getting closer and closer to Mao Zedong. Scary!

[video=youtube;F6xpKqrytDI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6xpKqrytDI[/video]

MadrigalWheel

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only fucking commie haters don't give credit when credit is due, here is another example of their boundless talent. Bear in mind despite all the trials and tribulations of nation building thru the cultural revolution, they still had time to put out winners like this!!!

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Everyone should see now what's the problem with selfish sinkies. You fight for them to hire Sporean first and they turned around to accuse you do it for yourself. You help to speak out for anything that is none of your business like Lehman bond and they say it's becos you invested in it and lost money.

And that's how I have been walking my talk - and even before my talk in this forum hahahaha. Fucking high class compared to evil and hypocritical mudlander bastards here who claimed to walk their talk but all talk only with filthy lies trampling me non-stop.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fuck you lah, the commies long time ago move away from this kind of cheena ulu music, back in the 60s they were already producing fucking multi-platinum hits you understand??

FUCKING ANTI-COMMIE COCK SUCKER!!

Fucking low class mudlander liar son of cock sucker using fake video to tell lies.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only fucking commie haters don't give credit when credit is due, here is another example of their boundless talent. Bear in mind despite all the trials and tribulations of nation building thru the cultural revolution, they still had time to put out winners like this!!!

How you know under KMT China cannot get the same level of economic success as now? Taiwan was successful for many years too.

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyway i understand that heng hwa is a type of hokkien or fujian type of dialect and there are heng hwa resturants in sg. Once i spoke to some sammyboy member on the phone and she told me she's heng hwa i got confused cos i never heard of this dialect prior to speaking with her.
Ng Teng Fong | Infopedia
eresources.nlb.gov.sg/infopedia/articles/SIP_1755_2011-01-21.html
wikipedia.org/wiki/Ng_Teng_Fong
was a member of the:
wikipedia.org/wiki/Henghua_people
wikipedia.org/wiki/Hinghua

Last edited:

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How you know under KMT China cannot get the same level of economic success as now? Taiwan was successful for many years too.

CCP abandoned its communist economy and adopted KMT's economic blueprint eventually, capitalist market economy driven by wide range of state-owned enterprises.

when KMT ruled China back then, most of the government's money went towards funding military related expenditure, leaving very little money for everything else, including building up the economy. at the start of the Nanjing decade 1927, the military related expenditure accounted for 85% of the national expenditure. during 1937 before the Japanese invasion of China, it was 66%. during 1945 before the end of ww2, it was 80%. during 1948, it reached an all-time high of 93% when the civil war reached its peak. China suffered three hyperinflation in 1943, 1946 and 1948. China might have rode out the hyperinflation crises, but unfortunately the Communist spies inside the KMT government persistently sabotaged the monetary system, leading to the total collapse of the currency and helped open the door to the Communist victory in China 1949.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Dexter_White
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ji_Chaoding

Liquigas

Alfrescian
Loyal
It seem that KMT is not well-liked both in mainland China as well as in Taiwan. KMT was driven out of China not so much due to the might of the Red Army but rather to the fact that it did not receive the support from the majority of the Chinese population. And when KMT arrived in Taiwan, it appeared that they are resented by the native Taiwanese and are supported only by the mainlanders (and their families) who fled to Taiwan in 1949 with Chiang and the KMT. Support for KMT by the natives was never going to be strong after the 28 Feb 1947 incident in which KMT forces gunned down hundreds of civilian protesters.