• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat 40 years ago today the original members of the Eagles at their very best....

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course it still one day behind in good old USA. Oh God! I feel old and sad..............

[video=youtube;6ejTaoyVctg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ejTaoyVctg&t=1846s[/video]

Kakamora

Alfrescian
Loyal
When we were young, we could not afford the tickets to enjoy the LIVE performance of the best and popular musicians.

By the time we can afford to spend that kind of money, these musicians have passed their prime. This is life.

Just like when I saved enough to bring my kids to a world-tour, I realized that they no longer have the time for their old man. They rather to go see the Northern Lights with their chicks and kiss under the night sky.

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have u head of the statement that "musicians will get rich when old"?

The young days are havoc (no savings); older days becoming tutors are good $$.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When we were young, we could not afford the tickets to enjoy the LIVE performance of the best and popular musicians.

By the time we can afford to spend that kind of money, these musicians have passed their prime. This is life.

Just like when I saved enough to bring my kids to a world-tour, I realized that they no longer have the time for their old man. They rather to go see the Northern Lights with their chicks and kiss under the night sky.

I remember, when I was at that 'age'. looking up at the Billboard advertising the upcoming shows of Hues Corporation performing at then Hyatt Hotel ( now Grand Hyatt) & wishing I had that money to pay for the dinner show & "salivating" watching them perform " Rock The Boat"..

The Eagles...when I first heard their LP...it was the "dooling dalton"...even they could come here to perform, which they couldn't due to their long hairs...could not even afford...but only dream of. Don Henley is now 70, giving a birthday concert...have the money, won't even watch to watch him...already pass his prime....& the thrill of listening him is gone too..

Life is like that...

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Back then in the seventies, no Singaporean would be able to afford the kinds of gate fares these top class musicians charge today. However during that time, even the four dollar ticket for Second Chance rock concert, we'd avoid paying. My friends and me would climb over the fences/gates at the National Theatre to get into the arena to watch the concerts. After that, we'd walk to Supreme House at Orchard Road/Dhoby Ghaut to watch motorcycle racing. Singapore was a lot more vibrant and active during the seventies. The locals made the show, no one waited for Gahmen to do this or that, we did things on our own, made the rules. There was freedom. Singapore was more flavorful then.

Cheers!

When we were young, we could not afford the tickets to enjoy the LIVE performance of the best and popular musicians............

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup. Times have changed. I attended the Scorpions concert and bought two tickets ($170 each - standing only). Did not want to pay anymore for GnR concert last month. Yes, some old bands I want to see before I die - Bad Company, is one. Eagles would be worth the money. They released Hotel California during my O levels year! Fuck, everybody just wanted to play that song, only a few managed decently! Myself - totally hopeless at guitar. Managed to catch Joe Walsh at a solo show in Cleveland during my uni days there though.

Cheers!

Back then in the seventies, no Singaporean would be able to afford the kinds of gate fares these top class musicians charge today. However during that time, even the four dollar ticket for Second Chance rock concert, we'd avoid paying. My friends and me would climb over the fences/gates at the National Theatre to get into the arena to watch the concerts. After that, we'd walk to Supreme House at Orchard Road/Dhoby Ghaut to watch motorcycle racing. Singapore was a lot more vibrant and active during the seventies. The locals made the show, no one waited for Gahmen to do this or that, we did things on our own, made the rules. There was freedom. Singapore was more flavorful then.

Cheers!

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
Better not miss Justin Bieber at his prime if he comes to Singapore for a concert. :biggrin:

maxresdefault.jpg

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Cheers!

Penang Lane "Monza" where green Yamaha RD 350 two stroke kamikazes reigned. Sexiest bike was the Kawa 9, the world's first superbike. "Sng" was top dog and the Looi brothers made occasional appearances. "Mokthar" and "Eunos" were still new Traffic cops then. Eunos and Sng made history for the pursuit battle from Little India until the end of Upper Serangoon Road, the present Punggol Park. Sng was banned from riding for life.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wtf debonerdog nigger aka scrooballs must be some ancient piece of shit acting like a child if narong in his 50s say they are way before his era.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wtf debonerdog nigger aka scrooballs must be some ancient piece of shit acting like a child if narong in his 50s say they are way before his era.

Agro said he was doing 'O' levels when hotel California came out. That would make him around 58 only.
But debonerdog's take on 70s racing is before me as I'm likely still in primary school then. I'm more family with the motor gangs in the 80s....or maybe I'm a late bloomer.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Agro said he was doing 'O' levels when hotel California came out. That would make him around 58 only.
But debonerdog's take on 70s racing is before me as I'm likely still in primary school then. I'm more family with the motor gangs in the 80s....or maybe I'm a late bloomer.

Wtf 58 only? So 58 is damn young according to you? :rolleyes:

Well let's put it this way you need to at least be a teenage before you would get interested in bike racing that type of shit right? Someone below the age of say 13 wouldn't be interested in bikes or racing at least let him be 15 and that's still an estimate. Suffice to say you're not a teen or a young teen during those bike racing 70s.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wtf 58 only? So 58 is damn young according to you? :rolleyes:

Well let's put it this way you need to at least be a teenage before you would get interested in bike racing that type of shit right? Someone below the age of say 13 wouldn't be interested in bikes or racing at least let him be 15 and that's still an estimate. Suffice to say you're not a teen or a young teen during those bike racing 70s.

Such retarded commentary. It proves for sure your mother was impregnated by an Indian and to her eternal regret you were born.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
ah...good old Sng....i used to do late prata at the canal at Kembangan where Sng and his guys used to hang out. Friend called Tony used to ride briefly with them. This is circa late 60s and very early 70s. Songs then were....Dont let me down....Magic carpet ride...wont get fooled again.

Penang Lane "Monza" where green Yamaha RD 350 two stroke kamikazes reigned. Sexiest bike was the Kawa 9, the world's first superbike. "Sng" was top dog and the Looi brothers made occasional appearances. "Mokthar" and "Eunos" were still new Traffic cops then. Eunos and Sng made history for the pursuit battle from Little India until the end of Upper Serangoon Road, the present Punggol Park. Sng was banned from riding for life.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Such retarded commentary. It proves for sure your mother was impregnated by an Indian and to her eternal regret you were born.

hi scrooballs found your dentures yet? Surprised you know how to use a pc when you're becoming senile better stick to the appointments

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
ah...good old Sng....i used to do late prata at the canal at Kembangan where Sng and his guys used to hang out. Friend called Tony used to ride briefly with them. This is circa late 60s and very early 70s. Songs then were....Dont let me down....Magic carpet ride...wont get fooled again.

Prata stall was Dawood right next to the Esso Station on Changi Road. Back then Changi Road was two way traffic. Moved to the corner of Frankel Avenue now occupied by the former Oasis Taiwan porridge. Eldest son hanged for drug trafficking. Mother was really a nice lady. Last meeting with Sng was nearly 30 years ago when he was riding a racing bicycle. On a side note. Sng was criticized for completing and winning the Batu Tiga race for Hong Leong Yamaha in which Gary Looi's Suzuki front wheel broke and he was critically injured in the crash. Gary died about a week later.

Last edited:

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
yup thats right.....late 60s i lived deep inside jalan senang and used to hang out at Dawood late at night . Marlboro was what....85 cents per packet or something like that but you could buy a single stick off a tin. Damn good times.....girls becoming more daring and forward.

Prata stall was Dawood right next to the Esso Station on Changi Road. Back then Changi Road was two way traffic. Moved to the corner of Frankel Avenue now occupied by the former Oasis Taiwan porridge. Eldest son hanged for drug trafficking. Mother was really a nice lady. Last meeting with Sng was nearly 30 years ago when he was riding a racing bicycle. On a side note. Sng was criticized for completing and winning the Batu Tiga race for Hong Leong Yamaha in which Gary Looi's Suzuki front wheel broke and he was critically injured in the crash. Gary died about a week later.