• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Oppositions Tulan - Sinkieland Voted BESTEST in Living Quality - Surpassed Zurich!

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lau Goh Swiss Lifestyle Achieved! Time to increase the white gang's bonuses!

Singapore Tops Tokyo as Asia's City With Best Quality of Living
by David Roman
14 March 2017, 2:03 PM SGT

Good infrastructure helps Singapore rise one place in rank
European cities dominate in global survey conducted by Mercer

Singapore tops the ranks in Asia as the city with the best quality of living, well ahead of Tokyo and Hong Kong because of its efficient infrastructure.

The city-state gained one spot from last year and came in at No. 25 on a global ranking of 231 cities by consulting firm, Mercer, a unit of Marsh & McLennan Cos. In Asia, Tokyo was at 47 and Hong Kong at 71, with both declining slightly in the index.

Singapore was top of the list on quality of city infrastructure, which includes supply of electricity, drinking water and phone services. Mercer also assesses public transportation, traffic congestion and the availability of international flights in this category.

“Cities that rank high in the city infrastructure list provide a combination of top-notch local and international airport facilities, varied and extended coverage through their local transportation networks, and innovative solutions such as smart technology and alternative energy,” said Slagin Parakatil, a principal at Mercer who is responsible for its quality of living research.

Singapore also scored high because of “internal stability, wide availability of consumer goods, availability and quality of housing and low incidence of natural disasters,” Mercer said.

The global ranking -- based on data compiled between September and November last year -- was dominated by Western European cities, with Vienna and Zurich topping the list. The only non-European cities in the top 10 were Auckland in third spot, Vancouver in fifth, and Sydney in 10th.

In Asia, great disparities in the quality of living remain, Mercer said. Beijing was ranked at 119, with Shanghai at 102 and Guangzhou at 121. Bangkok dropped two spots to 131, and Manila climbed one spot to 135.

The next-best Asian ranking in infrastructure was for Hong Kong at sixth place, while Sydney was at eighth.

“By and large, cities across the Pacific enjoy good quality of living, though criteria such as airport connectivity and traffic congestion are among the factors that see them ranked lower in terms of city infrastructure,” Mercer said.

Last edited:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: Oppositions Tulan - Sinkieland Voted BESTEST in Living Quality - Surpassed Zurich

This news is great! In a couple of months, my expat tenants would have to renew their rental contracts with me. This would be a good reason to up my rent by at least 10%. Or they can fuck off back to whatever shithole they came from.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Oppositions Tulan - Sinkieland Voted BESTEST in Living Quality - Surpassed Zurich

Mercer is the same company employed by our dear PM to review Ministers' salary after the previous disastrous GE where he made the promise. And they are supposed to be benchmarking experts.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Should let the citizens vote. More accurate that way.

Quality of living for expats n MIWs?

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

higher quality of living does not mean higher quality of life ...

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

The quality is high, if you can afford it. Based on surveys of household income, that should be no problem at all. :smile:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

number one in living quality for who?can somebody post some pics of minitoots and mps homes?cause my house looks like this.this is old airport i think,when u go there the floor is swarming with roaches and the stench of death is strong.

bI7yAIF.jpg

sometimes i like to imagine myself sitting on the balcony of my 3 storey bungalow in Meyer Rd,Authur Rd,sipping a glass of monet and listening to some birocratic,what my living quality would be like.

[video=youtube;_S7wWEcWiMA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_S7wWEcWiMA[/video]

Last edited:

retrenched

Alfrescian
Loyal

well you probably have a lower chance of getting killed randomly here but sg is just v hot/humid, full of concrete and supercrowded with pp/vehicles. hardly quality living.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

well you probably have a lower chance of getting killed randomly here but sg is just v hot/humid, full of concrete and supercrowded with pp/vehicles. hardly quality living.

The funny thing is some people like winners seems to like it.

Before I was 22 I had no idea what Australia's surroundings was like,but now I can safely say there's no chance in hell will I consider SG a better environment.Not especially I have to look at these mutharfarkers shitskins,PRCs and Ang mohs everyday on bus mrt.