• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Amos Campaign - Round 2

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is 99% certain that he will gain asylum after the 7 hr closed door hearing where someone in his opening testimony said that he was a first class economic tripos from Cambridge, a retired successful financial executive and leader of Singapore's foremost political party and that his father was repeatedly jailed and financially ruined and also produced documents and press cuttings.

To ensure that 1% does not trip over one of Trump's recent regulatory changes, Amnesty International has started campaign 2 where the religious issues for which he is jailed for no longer is the issue but a critic of the govt for which he was supposedly jailed.

The Govt is toying with 3 options
1. Let him go and he will no longer be our problem.
2. Let him go and after his application is successfully approved, release a press statement for his actual convictions.
3. Release the press statement now to counter the claims.

Guess which one they are aiming for?

http://www.cp24.com/world/singapore-teen-seeking-asylum-in-u-s-says-he-fears-returning-home-1.3320037

Singapore teen seeking asylum in U.S. says he fears returning home
Amos Yee
In this May, 12, 2015, file photo, Singapore teen blogger Amos Yee speaks to reporters while leaving the Subordinate Courts after being released on bail in Singapore. Yee, who is seeking seeking asylum after online posts mocking his government landed him jail, appeared in a Chicago immigration court Monday, Jan. 30, 2017, via video from an Illinois jail where he's been held since immigration authorities took him into custody at O'Hare International Airport in December 2016. Yee's attorneys submitted his asylum application Monday. (AP Photo/Wong Maye-E, File)

Sophia Tareen, The Associated Press
Published Friday, March 10, 2017 3:07PM EST
CHICAGO -- A teenage blogger awaiting a Chicago immigration judge's ruling on his asylum request to stay in the United States said Friday that he's afraid of returning home to Singapore, where he was jailed after posting scathing blog posts about the government.
Amos Yee, 18, has been detained in the U.S. since mid-December, when he was taken into custody at O'Hare International Airport. His closed-door immigration proceedings unfolded in a Chicago courtroom on Tuesday, with a judge saying he'll decide within weeks.
"I'm most definitely fearful now that the Singapore government knows I am trying to escape to another country so I can continue to criticize them freely," Yee told The Associated Press by phone from a Wisconsin detention centre. "I'm really worried."
Yee, an atheist, was jailed twice in Singapore on charges including hurting the religious feelings of Muslims and Christians. However, many of his posts on YouTube, a blog and social media berate Singapore's government. He caused a stir in 2015 as the city-state was mourning the death of its first prime minister and he posted an explicative-laden and, at times, crude video about Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew just after his death.
Such open criticism of political leaders is frowned upon in Singapore. Yee's case has drawn a lot of attention because he was imprisoned at age 16 alongside adults. Experts say the case, which is being watched closely abroad, raises questions about free speech and censorship, particularly online.
Singapore's embassy in Washington didn't immediately respond to requests seeking comment.
Yee said being jailed in Singapore was traumatizing and left him with suicidal thoughts. He believes he'll be targeted again if he returns. He had been planning on seeking asylum in the U.S. for weeks and had lined up a place to stay in Illinois. Singapore nationals don't need a visa to visit the U.S., but Yee was taken into custody after immigration agents questioned him at O'Hare and he revealed his plans.
Yee has been outspoken from a young age and friends praise his intellect. He began blogging at age 12 and won a local filmmaking prize at age 13.
"I have the moral obligation to speak out against a tyrannical government that has been making the people in Singapore suffer," he said. "Don't ever become so fearful that you become silent."
Yee's attorneys in the U.S. have argued that he was persecuted based on laws restricting freedom of expression and he's likely to be convicted again if he returns. Human rights groups, including Amnesty International, have urged U.S. officials to let him stay.
A spokesman for the Executive Office for Immigration Review, which oversees U.S. immigration courts, declined to comment on the case. The Department of Homeland Security, which is contesting Yee's asylum application, didn't immediately reply to an email seeking comment.
Either way, Yee said he'll continue to speak out if he returns home or gains legal permission to stay in the U.S. He's already started writing a book and is considering work on movies and a T-shirt line.
"I have an infinite amount of ideas of what to do," he said.

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is 99% certain that he will gain asylum after the 7 hr closed door hearing where someone in his opening testimony said that he was a first class economic tripos from Cambridge, a retired successful financial executive and leader of Singapore's foremost political party and that his father was repeatedly jailed and financially ruined and also produced documents and press cuttings.

To ensure that 1% does not trip over one of Trump's recent regulatory changes, Amnesty International has started campaign 2 where the religious issues for which he is jailed for no longer is the issue but a critic of the govt for which he was supposedly jailed.

The Govt is toying with 3 options
1. Let him go and he will no longer be our problem.
2. Let him go and after his application is successfully approved, release a press statement for his actual convictions.
3. Release the press statement now to counter the claims.

Guess which one they are aiming for?

Whether Amos get asylum or not has nothing to do with the sinkie govt and is not within the control of the sinkie govt.

It is a matter between Amos and the US govt.

If amos get asylum, it is a fucking shame and disgrace for the PAP govt. That is the only matter to the PAP shits.

i cannot understand the stupidity that trying to link Amos and the US govt with the possible control of the PAP govt. What the fuck is wrong with sinkies? too much meat that affect the brain cells?

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
his is a juvenile problem, no big deal, no need to harp on it.:rolleyes:

i have a bigger problem than his and i am at wits end. :(

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
whole thing looks scripted as fuck....i must say one thing,either hes got a really good P.R. agent or hes pulling some powerful strings which is really surprising considering his gofundme campaign barely hit 3.5k and has been stuck there for the last 2 months....either way u wouldnt guess from the article this Amos Yee is now sitting in a dark hole somewhere in guantanamo bay covered in his own shit and urine,rocking back and forth on his heels and scratching at the walls with bloody fingernails muttering "let me out" over and over again with hair looking like that sumbitch just got out of the one flew over the cuckoo nest funhouse imh.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Whether Amos get asylum or not has nothing to do with the sinkie govt and is not within the control of the sinkie govt.

It is a matter between Amos and the US govt.

If amos get asylum, it is a fucking shame and disgrace for the PAP govt. That is the only matter to the PAP shits.

i cannot understand the stupidity that trying to link Amos and the US govt with the possible control of the PAP govt. What the fuck is wrong with sinkies? too much meat that affect the brain cells?

its between Amos and God now.nothing stands between him and the fiery pits of hell except for the man upstairs.if he comes out and declare he is no longer atheist no more and discard his sinful gay homosex ways in prison and sing hallelujah perhaps the Americans might grant him asylum.

ramai

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are alot more deserving of asylum than him..

With all the illegal brownies from the South cooking up all sort of stories in order to gain asylum in the US and creating lots of unnecessary backlogs, US immigration authorities are probably thankful that there is finally a legitimate case.

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
"I have the moral obligation to speak out against a tyrannical government that has been making the people in Singapore suffer," he said. "Don't ever become so fearful that you become silent."

Full of respect!!!!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
90% of genuine asylum seekers in the US have no one to speak for them and I do feel sorry for them. Its no different to many things in life. Its who you know. And the Americans are challanged on many thngs outside the US so they have no idea what is going on outside.

There are alot more deserving of asylum than him..

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
90% of genuine asylum seekers in the US have no one to speak for them and I do feel sorry for them. Its no different to many things in life. Its who you know. And the Americans are challanged on many thngs outside the US so they have no idea what is going on outside.

http://singaporedissident.blogspot.sg/2017/03/amos-yees-asylum-application-bad-idea.html

Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Amos Yee's asylum application. Bad idea to call Kenneth Jeyaretnam as a witness
Ladies and Gentlemen,

"Today" newspaper of Singapore has the story about Amos Yee, the young Singaporean man claiming asylum in a US Chicago Court after he was jailed for insulting religion in his country.

Please see http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/us-judge-rule-amos-yees-asylum-case-month, article titled "US Judge to rule on Amos Yee's case this month". The article states the judge will rule on his asylum claim this month.

C6U3WYQWMAAACqL.jpg

This is a picture of Singapore's Kenneth Jeyaretnam, son of JB Jeyaretnam who has testified at the Chicago hearing.

The article also states Kenneth Jeyaretnam has travelled to Chicago from Singapore island to testify in favor of Amos Yee's bid for asylum today March 7, 2017.

I think Miss Grossman, attorney for Amos Yee made a great error in calling Jeyaretnam to testify.

Generally people who claim asylum in the US are from third world countries which do not respect any law. It would be obvious to anyone that no one from a country such as Somalia would dare to travel from Somalia to give evidence in a US court against his own country and after that return to, of all places in the world, to his own country which he has only just condemned, and expect to be left alone, let alone survive!

I think the judge would find it very strange indeed for Kenneth Jeyaretnam the so-called leader of an opposition party, the Reform Party in Singapore, for not only being able to live and be left alone in his country even though he is a bitter critic of it. And what is even more surprising, he openly dares to come to the United States to condemn his own country after which he dares to return to his country, which he has just condemned in the US!

The judge would no doubt note this strange situation here. Would he not say to himself, if indeed Singapore is as bad as he portrays, being an open critic of his country, why has he not been skinned alive up till now? And if Singapore is as bad as he claims, why does he not fear returning to his country, which he has just condemned in the most severe terms, and still believe that he will not be skinned alive? As they would perhaps have done in Somalia?

I am sure Kennth jeyaretnam was in the witness box telling the judge that Singapore has no free speech, expression or assembly and therefore Amos Yee who has just insulted both Christianity and Islam in the most disgusting manner should be allowed to live in the USA because Singapore is a bad place. Surely the judge would be wondering, if Singapore is so bad, why is Jeyaretnam still one piece, and confident enough to fly across the world to Chicago USA to condemn Singapore and then feeling very safe to return to his country to continue living a comfortable life which he leads, unmolested!

Does he not expect to be behind bars if he returns? And if not, why is it a country that denies human rights?

Surely this behavior on the part of Kenneth Jeyaretnam shows not a Singapore that disrespects free speech and expression but quite the contrary; a country that does! This is the sort of behavior that one would expect from a citizen of France or England, not that of someone from a country that denies human rights as he claims.

I was not in court and I don't know whether the judge asked him these questions, which would have been glaringly obvious, but if I was the judge, I would have asked Kenneth Jeyaretnam that if in fact Singapore was as bad as he claims, why then has he not been arrested so far and why does he dare to go back to Singapore where he lives if in fact it is as bad as he claims? Should Jeyaretnam too not be asking for asylum if it is a as bad as that?

Because if Jeyaretnam had come from Somalia or Sudan and testified against his country in the US, he would never dare return there ever in his life because he will either be arrested or killed, that is what they do in such countries. If Singapore, the repressive island that he claims, is not only going to allow Jeyaretnam to return to Singapore in one piece and what is more, allow him to live in peace to continue criticizing it, that by itself goes a long way to show that Singapore has not abused Yee's human rights and neither has it abused Jeyaretnam's human rights either.

Calling Jeyaretnam to testify against the Singapore government does not help Amos Yee but instead goes very far in favor of the US government's argument that Amos Yee should not be granted asylum, because the testimony of Jeyaretnam proves Singapore is not a repressive island without laws because if it was, Jeyaretnam would not be in the US bravely testifying against Singapore and after that have the courage to return to it and live in peace.

What Grossman, Yee's attorney should have done is to not call any witnesses but rely solely on documents, or find a former Singaporean who lives in the US and is unable to return to his country for fear of persecution. Perhaps even calling Tan Wah Piow who is now in exile in England would have been a good idea because he cannot return and his was indeed a case where he was persecuted.

Calling someone like Jeyaretnam who lives a comfortable life in Singapore to come to the US and condemn his country, and then return to it without any fear, is not a credible candidate. The very fact that Jeyaretnam has been left alone so far in Singapore despite all his criticism against Singapore and be left alone even after he has condemned his country abroad, does not show a case of persecution but instead a country that allows critics to remain in Singapore without any problems.

Singapore has handled Amos Yee very well. He has never been charged for anything he said against the rulers or the government of Singapore. What he has been charged for and sent to a short stint in jail was because he insulted Christianity and Islam in a crowded multi racial island. The question in this case is very simple. Does Singapore government in such special circumstances have the right to enact such a law to avoid racial violence. I think such as a law in Singapore's circumstances was justified and there is no persecution. Also the fact that Jeyaretnam who is a staunch critic in Singapore has never ben charged so far for anything, he is allowed to come to the US to testify against his country and yet be able to return to it without any problems goes a long way to show that Singapore does not abuse the rights of his citizens.

The testimony of Kenneth Jeyaretnam will hurt Amos Yee's case. Not help him.

All that I have written so far is only in relation to Amos Yee's trial proceedings and strategy. These are not my personal views about Singapore.

Gopalan Nair
Attorney at Law
Fremont, San Francisco, USA
Tel: 510 491 8525

Email: [email protected]

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal

mchyhh.jpg

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gopalan motherfucker Nair told him you die your own fucking fucked up fucker business. He still trying to fuck around. FUCK AMOS!