• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Breaking!!!!Hokkien is the language of the working class and the coolie blood runs de

AllahPUKI

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Breaking!!!!Hokkien is the language of the working class and the coolie blood run

Good job my fellow Chinese dog. I hate SG and all chinks like me and you cos we chinks are unlikable like SG.

good job my fellow islampuki dog. we mooslem babis are genetically programmed to fuck our own mothers and daughters and sometimes pets and camels...

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Breaking!!!!Hokkien is the language of the working class and the coolie blood run

Do you all know this Hokkien philanthropist Tan Lark Sye - who personally donated $5m in 1953 to set up Nantah - was stripped of his Spore citizenship and stepped down from the university's leadership and remained stateless until his death in 1972?

http://ifonlysingaporeans.blogspot.my/2012/10/the-nantah-legacy-that-tan-lark-sye.html?m=1
The Nantah legacy that Tan Lark Sye left behind
By Leong Weng Kam, The Straits Times, 28 Oct 2012

The late rubber tycoon Tan Lark Sye, better known as the founder of the former Nanyang University (Nantah), was arguably Singapore's most prominent Chinese community leader in the last century.

That, despite being stripped of Singapore citizenship by the Government soon after the 1963 elections for allegedly playing "stooge to the communists and (attempting to) jeopardise the peace and prosperity of Singapore" by backing about a dozen Nantah graduates who stood as left-wing Barisan Sosialis candidates against the ruling People's Action Party (PAP).

The long-time president of the Singapore Hokkien Huay Kuan, who gave generously to charitable and educational causes throughout his life, then stepped down from the university's leadership and remained stateless until his death in 1972, aged 75.

The Chinese-medium university's enrolment declined, due largely to changes in language and education policies from the 1960s. It merged with the University of Singapore to become the National University of Singapore (NUS) in 1980.

A year later, a new English-medium Nanyang Technological Institute opened on Nantah's sprawling campus in Jurong. It became the Nanyang Technological University in 1991.

Today, 40 years after Tan Lark Sye's passing, he is still remembered for his leading role in promoting higher Chinese education and the founding of Nantah in 1953 with the support of the Chinese community, from poor trishaw riders to wealthy businessmen.

Nantah was then the only Chinese-medium university in South- east Asia. It gave Chinese middle school students in Singapore and the region a shot at higher education as they could not go to communist China.

Today, Tan Lark Sye will be remembered at an event combining a public lecture in Chinese, a seminar and the launch of five new Chinese books - three of them on the history of Nantah.

Held at News Centre in Toa Payoh North, the event marks the 40th anniversary of his death and is organised jointly by NTU's Centre for Chinese Language and Culture and the Association of Nanyang University Graduates.

Deputy Prime Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam is guest of honour and Harvard's Professor David Wang Der-Wei will deliver the keynote lecture.

NTU Centre for Chinese Language and Culture director Lee Guan Kin, 64, herself a Nantah graduate, said the event comes 14 years after the Tan Lark Sye Professorship in Chinese language and culture was set up by NTU in 1998.

That was seen as public recognition of the man's contributions to the university. The professorship drew donations of nearly $2 million from Chinese community groups and Nantah alumni, enabling the NTU centre to invite up to two Chinese scholars from overseas each year to give lectures and do research with the university staff. The latest recipient is Harvard's Prof Wang.

Dr Lee said of the events to honour Tan Lark Sye: "The man and his contributions to Singapore's education in the past and even to NTU today should be remembered."

Tan Lark Sye's harshest critic was first prime minister Lee Kuan Yew, who said in his book, My Lifelong Challenge - Singapore's Bilingual Journey, launched last November, that Nantah was doomed to fail from the start as the tide of history was against it.

He said Tan Lark Sye was ignorant of the domestic politics in South-east Asia at the time and allowed himself to be used by the communists, which led Nantah to become a hotbed of communist activities in the late 1950s and early 1960s.

Mr Lee also implied that Tan Lark Sye was a hypocrite for sending most of his 11 children to English-medium schools while presenting himself as a fervent advocate of Chinese language and culture and higher Chinese education.

Many Nantah graduates could not agree with Mr Lee's views and said the personal attacks were uncalled for. They felt Tan Lark Sye should be judged on his contributions to the community.

Retired mathematician Teh Hoon Heng, 77, who graduated from Nantah in 1960 and lives in Vancouver, Canada, said in an interview with the Chinese-language daily Lianhe Zaobao earlier this year that he disagreed with Mr Lee because "we look at the issue from different viewpoints".

Professor Teh, who published his memories of Nantah last year, said that politically speaking, Nantah might have been born at the wrong time and so was doomed to fail, but that from the education or academic viewpoint, it was a success.

NTU's Dr Lee pointed out that the great number of Nantah graduates in different fields today - from the arts and education to government and politics - attests to the university's success and their contributions to Singapore over the years.

Association of Nantah Graduates president Chia Ban Seng, 73, said: "Everyone is entitled to his or her views. As a Nantah graduate, I respect Tan Lark Sye because without him there would be no Nantah and I would never have had a university education. Let the historians and academics do their research on him. History is the best judge."

Wow looks like Hokkiens were not just not inferior collie class but superior class human beings last time.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Wow looks like Hokkiens were not just not inferior collie class but superior class human beings last time.

Yeah...Superior in being Kia su Kia see kiam siap and die don't want face type of ppl...And as if only fuckiens go to Nantah

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

he should have buggered off back to China to retire like Tan Kah Kee after wwii where they gave him a state funeral for the part he played in overseas chinese history.even the tiongs recognise a great man when they see one and gave respect where respect is due.i bet Tan Lark Sye bitterly regret dieing in Sinkieland where sinkies promptly forgot all about their struggles and the hokkien huay kuan founded by TKK and all they did for Chao Sinkies under the rule of their new overlord LKY.

my whole life when i grew up i never once heard a single word about Tan Kah Kee from my parents or teachers or schools except from library books.

Tan Kah Kee was right,the problem with Singapore society was the majority of the population was a underclass of illiterate and unskilled labourers and coolies that had very little political or economical understanding or representation,he should never have helped these bunch of ungrateful ingrates and sacrificed his entire life and wealth on a lost cause.

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yeah...Superior in being Kia su Kia see kiam siap and die don't want face type of ppl...And as if only fuckiens go to Nantah

Yeah not only Hokkiens go to Nantah but only Hokkiens donated 523 acres land - that's alot of land you know - and only the Hokkien founder donated $5m himself.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

he should have buggered off back to China to retire like Tan Kah Kee after wwii where they gave him a state funeral for the part he played in overseas chinese history.even the tiongs recognise a great man when they see one and gave respect where respect is due.i bet Tan Lark Sye bitterly regret dieing in Sinkieland where sinkies promptly forgot all about their struggles and the hokkien huay kuan founded by TKK and all they did for Chao Sinkies under the rule of their new overlord LKY.

my whole life when i grew up i never once heard a single word about Tan Kah Kee from my parents or teachers or schools except from library books.

Tan Kah Kee was right,the problem with Singapore society was the majority of the population was a underclass of illiterate and unskilled labourers and coolies that had very little political or economical understanding or representation,he should never have helped these bunch of ungrateful ingrates and sacrificed his entire life and wealth on a lost cause.

Yeah I don't recall hearing anything about Tan Lark Sye too. Don't think so it's in the lower secondary school Spore history text book at all. What a great man to set up Nantah and get Hokkien huay kuan to donate land under his leadership. All the poor Chinese stream students would not have been able to get university degree education without Nantah.

jw5

Loyal

He has an mrt station named after him, so you can hear his name every day if you want to. :biggrin:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Listen to this ??song and you will know ??is the same as our Hokkien.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Another one with words like sin bu = daughter in law, bak sai lau = tears drop etc. Same as our Hokkien.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

And this is China???also same as our Hokkien. Gao hia = ant, bua mi=midnight, tak cek = study, paiseh = excuse me, chu bi = neighbour

AllahPUKI

Alfrescian
Loyal

Good job my fellow Chinese dog We islampukis come from low classed backgrounds. We are totally worthless!

good job my fellow islampuki dog. we mooslem babis are genetically programmed to fuck our own mothers and daughters and sometimes pets and camels...

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Another kind, selfless, and charming superior class Hokkien in the past..Lim Chin Siong.. with what LKY said "a ringing voice that flowed beautifully in his native Hokkien."

http://www.thinkcentre.org/article.php?id=977

"rapid climb to popularity and as undisputed leader of Chinese workers, trade unions and Chinese middle school students in the 1950s.

He is described as a slim, youthful figure, selfless, dedicated, with a handsome boyish face whose oratory as a speaker in Hokkien among the Chinese masses was legendary.

In his political memoir The Singapore Story, Lee offered ungrudging praise to Lim's "hypnotic" oratory: "...a ringing voice that flowed beautifully in his native Hokkien. The girls adored him, especially those in the trade unions. Once he got going after a cold start at the first two meetings, there was tremendous applause every time he spoke. By the end of the campaign, Lim Chin Siong was seen as a charismatic figure and a person to be reckoned with in Singapore politics and, what was of more immediate concern, within the PAP."

In 1955 Lim had been elected as Singapore's youngest parliamentarian. However, a year later, after widespread riots involving industrial workers and Chinese school students, he was arrested and imprisoned on charges of being one of the leaders of the "communist united front" alleged to have been behind the riots.

Lim's own reputation was a further casualty to the riots' mayhem and bloodshed, and he was detained without trial. He denied charges that he was a communist, charges which remain unsubstantiated until today."

Last edited: