• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Wing Tai Holdings

uvwxyz

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think Wing Tai is giving a cash offer for all Wing Tai Malaysia shares and taking it private

Ah ok, I havent been able to look much at the market today. Will look through whatever articles I have tonight. Thanks though.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah ok, I havent been able to look much at the market today. Will look through whatever articles I have tonight. Thanks though.

SGX-ST Announcement
For immediate release
VOLUNTARY UNCONDITIONAL CASH OFFER FOR WING TAI MALAYSIA BERHAD (“WTM”)
1. INTRODUCTION
1.1 Voluntary Unconditional Offer. The Board of Directors of Wing Tai Holdings Limited (the
“Company” and together with its subsidiaries, the “Group”) wishes to announce that on 23
May 2017, the Company and Wing Tai Investment & Development Pte Ltd (“WTID”)
(collectively referred to as “Joint Offerors”) had, through Maybank Investment Bank Berhad
(“Maybank IB”), served a notice of unconditional voluntary take-over offer (“Notice”), to
acquire all the issued ordinary shares of Wing Tai Malaysia Berhad (“WTM Shares”) not already
owned by the Joint Offerors (the “Offer Shares”)͘ for a cash offer price of RM 1.80 per Offer Share
(“Offer Price”) (the “Offer”).

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
ytd u said u sold n wait 2 buy @ below $1.8 ... it never went below $1.8 ytd ...

now u craim u haf wing tai shares ... omg! ...

Did I say I sold all my WT shares? Why do u assume that I dont have any more WT shares?

read post#66 carefully

Last edited:

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal

From OCBC Research

Wing Tai Holdings Ltd (Wing Tai), together with its subsidiaries, has announced an unconditional voluntary take-over offer to acquire all issued ordinary shares of Wing Tai Malaysia Berhad (WTM) not already owned by the joint offerors for a cash offer price of RM 1.80 per share. The offer price represents a premium to the last traded price of RM 1.18 per WTM Share on 22 May 2017, the last full trading day prior to the offer.

The joint offerers now directly hold over 50% of the voting shares in WTM – approximately 66% – and hence the offer is not subject to any minimum level of acceptances.

Wing Tai has indicated that they intend to take WTM private by offering the minority shareholders of WTM the opportunity to exit and realize their investments for cash at the offer price.

The offer will allow Wing Tai to further explore synergies and integrate their financial and operational resources, which could result in cost savings and improved operational efficiencies.

Given the benefits of a potential WTM privatization and the reasonable offer price (the net asset value per WTM share was RM 2.70 per share as at end June 2016), we see this development as a positive one.

Maintain BUY on Wing Tai with an unchanged fair value estimate of S$2.37.

Last edited:

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal

WT is offering a 54.5% premium for Malaysian WT shares. Each share will get RM$1.8 compared to its last closing price of RM$1.18. It is likely that most shareholders will take the RM$1.8 offer. The NTA is RM$2.70.

This is good news for WT shares and the target price for WT is $2.37

WT share price shd rise when trading resumes

Last edited:

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal

WT has requested lifting of the trading halt. We shd see some active trading and I expect WT shares to rise when trading resumes tmrw

uvwxyz

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
WT is offering a 54.5% premium for Malaysian WT shares. Each share will get RM$1.8 compared to its last closing price of RM$1.18. It is likely that most shareholders will take the RM$1.8 offer. The NTA is RM$2.70.

This is good news for WT shares and the target price for WT is $2.37

WT share price shd rise when trading resumes

WT has requested lifting of the trading halt. We shd see some active trading and I expect WT shares to rise when trading resumes tmrw

Thanks for the information. I wonder what the market initially would feel about this premium being paid but I do agree that the long term poutlook of this exercise should be beneficial. There is value in this counter.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the information. I wonder what the market initially would feel about this premium being paid but I do agree that the long term poutlook of this exercise should be beneficial. There is value in this counter.

WTM has NTA of RM$2.70 and was last traded at RM$1.18. The takeover offer is RM$1.80. If successful, shareholders gain RM62 cents(54.5%). Win Tai gains RM90cents per share. It will be a win-win situation. I expect market will respond positively when it opens today.

WT has NTA of S$4.03 and was last traded at S$1.845. With the expected acquisition of WTM, the NTA will rise further. So my assessment is to buy into Wing Tai

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal

WT is up 5% (9cents) in 5mins of trading.

uvwxyz

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
massive trading of 1400000 shares in 20mins

The price and buying volumes are cooling off a little so lets see how this settles in the next few days, but you are right in that 1.70 is not going to happen anytime soon.

Last edited:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yup . The people park sales man who became a milti billionaire. The one who pledged his unfailing love for mm lee but delisted osim less than 1 year after mm passing.

I think he delist because osim is a piece of shit,and no one cares about massage chairs anymore and sales are plummeting.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
The price and buying volumes are cooling off a little so lets see how this settles in the next few days, but you are right in that 1.70 is not going to happen anytime soon.

Wing Tai was up 2c at $1.945 this morning. Altogether WT rose 6% (11cents) in the last four trading days. That's good rise. Will WT reach $2 soon? I intend to sell some WT shares soon

Last edited:

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal

WT was traded at $2 today. good run up over the last few days.

I am looking for it to reach $2.20 soon

Last edited:

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wing Tai is trading at $1.75 today. Its Chairman is Cheung Wai Keung, Deputy Chairman of Temasek Holdings. It is a well run company and should see a run up in the next two months.

Will it go to $2? Will Cheung privatise Wing Tai to avoid paying charges for unsold properties?

The NAV of Wing Tai is more than $4. Good stock to look at if you have spare money to make aquick profit

Wing Tai closed at $2.02 today to gain more than 15% in four months. That's impressive. I expect it to rise further tomrw and in the near future. Perhaps some good news to come?

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wing Tai closed at $2.10 yesterday, up 3%. I expect WT will rise again today and will reach $2.30 soon.

What do you think abt this counter?

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wing Tai is trading at $1.75 today. Its Chairman is Cheung Wai Keung, Deputy Chairman of Temasek Holdings. It is a well run company and should see a run up in the next two months.

Will it go to $2? Will Cheung privatise Wing Tai to avoid paying charges for unsold properties?

The NAV of Wing Tai is more than $4. Good stock to look at if you have spare money to make aquick profit

since I started this thread in Feb, WT share price rose 20% in the last six months. This is a very impressive increase. But it is still not the end of the rise. I expect it to increase another 20% to reach $2.50.

Anyone disagrees with me?

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wing Tai closed at $2.10 yesterday, up 3%. I expect WT will rise again today and will reach $2.30 soon.

What do you think abt this counter?

Silly if you do not unclench your fist in the jar just because you want to sell at the top. :rolleyes: