• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious claimed non-gay faggot 12 yr prison for killing lover AMK faggot

taksinloong

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...ears-for-stabbing-lover-to-death/3157194.html

News
Man jailed 12 years for stabbing lover to death
By Vanessa Paige Chelvan Posted 26 Sep 2016 18:28 Updated 26 Sep 2016 18:30

ENLARGECAPTION
92 Email More
SINGAPORE: Scorned by his lover of eight years, 40-year-old hairstylist Tan Chee Yeow decided to kill him.

Tan stabbed 48-year-old Tan Chin Siong to death on Sep 4 last year, near Ang Mo Kio MRT station during morning rush hour.

The attack was witnessed by several early-morning commuters, one of whom saw Chin Siong on all fours on the ground moments before his lover plunged a knife into his back.

A passer-by wrested the knife from Tan and kicked it into a drain. Others rushed to Chin Siong’s aid; a woman tried to stanch the blood with a t-shirt, a man performed CPR. The police received four calls for help in one minute.

But it was too late for Chin Siong, who was pronounced dead at the hospital. He had suffered multiple stab wounds, including two which had punctured his lungs.

Tan, who was seen wailing and crying, saying “I’m sorry” and “I killed him”, was arrested at the scene.

He was originally charged with murder, but pleaded guilty on Monday (Sep 26) to a reduced charge of culpable homicide and sentenced to 12 years’ jail.

LITTLE HOPE OF RECONCILIATION, SO HE DECIDED TO KILL

The couple, both Malaysians, had been on the rocks for some time before the killing, the High Court heard on Monday.

Tan was upset his long-time lover refused to come out to his family and introduce him as his boyfriend, preferring to keep their relationship under wraps.

He became increasingly desperate, and decided to take matters into his own hands.

On Aug 29, 2015, Tan called Chin Siong’s mother and told her about the couple’s relationship. She was shocked, and told Tan “it was not possible for them” to be together.

The following day, after spending time with his mother and family, Chin Siong dropped a bombshell on Tan: He said he was not gay, and wanted to get married and have children.

Chin Siong also suggested Tan seek treatment, as Tan had a history of depression and alcohol dependence. The men visited a psychiatrist together on Aug 31 last year.

Unknown to Tan, Chin Siong told the psychiatrist he wanted to end their relationship, but the psychiatrist urged him to delay the split until Tan was on medication and more emotionally stable.

Chin Siong agreed, but began to keep Tan at arm’s length, which frustrated Tan.

On Sep 3, the day before the killing, Tan bought a knife. He took the knife with him next morning, when he set off to Ang Mo Kio MRT station hoping to spot Chin Siong on his way to work.

When Tan spotted him, he pleaded with Chin Siong not to leave him. Tan said even if he wanted out of the relationship, he should let him down slowly, not suddenly, as “he could not take it”.

Chin Siong rejected Tan’s pleas, and sensing there was little hope of reconciliation, Tan decided to kill his lover before killing himself.

He pulled the knife out of his backpack and stabbed Chin Siong to death.

"MY LIFE’S REGRET, A PAIN I’LL FEEL FOREVER"

Prosecutors sought a jail term of 12 to 14 years for Tan. “This was a tragic incident in which (Chin Siong) was brutally murdered in broad daylight by his lover of eight years,” Deputy Public Prosecutor Mohamed Faizal said.

This was despite Mr Tan’s support of and concern for Tan, whom he had encouraged to seek psychiatric treatment even after deciding to end their relationship, having tolerated his lover’s alcoholism and suicidal tendencies for years, the DPP added.

Lawyer Josephus Tan, who took on Tan’s case under the Criminal Legal Aid Scheme, said the case is one of “betrayed love”. Tan wanted desperately to be acknowledged as Chin Siong’s life partner, but the latter never gave him that validation, Mr Tan said.

Tan, who was sobbing in the dock, had written in a letter: “I really love him. This is my life’s regret, a pain I’ll feel forever.”

- CNA/dl