• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

Chitchat Australia, Japan and Singapore

ckmpd

I travel often to Australia and have been to Japan.

Earlier this year, I visited Perth and went to a fruit Orchard. It was peach season. The lady owner was very kind. She asked me when I intended to eat the fruits. I told her that I wanted to bring them back to Singapore. She brought some freshly picked peaches for me to choose. When she was packing the peaches, she advised me to change two peaches as they have two small black spots and replaced them with two better ones for me. I was thankful. This is excellence. This shows that Australians are up there

I went to Japan and saw the excellent service of Japanese supermarkets. the Japanese consumer will just pick any food pack on the shelf, knowing that the supermarket will not give them bad products. This shows supermarket service excellence.

In contrast, I went to NTUC Best at marine parade recently. I bought a pack of five pears. When I opened the pack at home, I saw that one pear was badly dented and damaged. It was creatively packed so that the dented part was hidden. This spoke badly of NTUC. Why does it deem proper to hide and lie abt a damaged pear?

This is the problem with Singapore. When the govt sees it proper not to speak the truth but tells well concealed lies, GLCs and TLCs follow the govt.

Singaporeans and visitors experience these small lies everyday and it does not look good on Singapore. When is the govt going to lead by example and stop bad practices?

No amount of talk about graciousness by Singapore Kindness Movement will work as long as govt and people in authority dont walk their talk

over where i am at farmers' markets where local, fresh, organically grown fruit (no "s") are sold, astute customers pick smaller fruit that have spots, bruises and scratches on them as "ugly" fruit full of marks are typically indicative of no pesticides, no gmo, no spraying, no artificial nor animal fertilizers. when fruit are too big, too round, too clean, too free of spots, too perfect, customers walk away as sellers are likely getting rid of excess or leftover non-organic fruit that are meant for supermarkets.

organically grown plums at farmers' market. not pretty, not perfect.

image.jpg

i dunno why but the quality of produce and products in SG supermarkets be it NTUC or giant are the absolute worse.....even the snacks and frozen foodstuff,when i shop at woolsworth or coles or IGA,the range and variety they stock are the absolute best,majority are western or european brands or australian.has anyone ever tasted the oreos made in america or m&ms made in australia or belgium?i guarantee u they are nothing like the shit we get that are manufactured in vietnam or malaysia or china or some other shit 3rd world country......sinkies have no idea what they are missing out even in everyday life goods.

thats why in NTUC or giant in SG,i only buy fruits and produce grown in japan,australia or USA......seriously the ones that come from china and other ASEAN countries looks really questionable and suspect,i have no idea why NTUC and giant love to shove these cheap garbage snacks down our throats,NTUC and giant is flooded with these cheap made in china,malaysia,vietnam and bangladesh with their tiong packaging,their "BAHRU" and "GULA TAMBAHAN" and the bangladesh or shitskin letters and packaging.is it buying these goods from shithole countries are much cheaper and sell for higher profit margin?even ALDI the discount supermarkets in australia sell better quality stuff than these and are ten times cheaper than SG.

even carrefour from ten years ago dont peddle these junk..........carrefour was the only supermarket in SG that i respect and is truly on par with western quality.

seriously fuck this retarded country.....hdb built by 3rd world companies,trains manufactured in 3rd world countries,supermaket filled with 3rd world garbage.....only the prices are first world prices.

i dunno why but the quality of produce and products in SG supermarkets be it NTUC or giant are the absolute worse.....even the snacks and frozen foodstuff,when i shop at woolsworth or coles or IGA,the range and variety they stock are the absolute best,majority are western or european brands or australian.has anyone ever tasted the oreos made in america or m&ms made in australia or belgium?i guarantee u they are nothing like the shit we get that are manufactured in vietnam or malaysia or china or some other shit 3rd world country......sinkies have no idea what they are missing out even in everyday life goods.

thats why in NTUC or giant in SG,i only buy fruits and produce grown in japan,australia or USA......seriously the ones that come from china and other ASEAN countries looks really questionable and suspect,i have no idea why NTUC and giant love to shove these cheap garbage snacks down our throats,NTUC and giant is flooded with these cheap made in china,malaysia,vietnam and bangladesh with their tiong packaging,their "BAHRU" and "GULA TAMBAHAN" and the bangladesh or shitskin letters and packaging.is it buying these goods from shithole countries are much cheaper and sell for higher profit margin?even ALDI the discount supermarkets in australia sell better quality stuff than these and are ten times cheaper than SG.

even carrefour from ten years ago dont peddle these junk..........carrefour was the only supermarket in SG that i respect and is truly on par with western quality.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but carrefour is gone in SG already? Doesn't this show why? You want to reward businesses you like by going to them and buying from the. Hence enhancing their value. Does this not show about the consumer mentality of SG in general?

yes carrefour pulled out long ago during the 2nd or 3rd renovation of suntec,i dunno why they shut down,rents too much?i dun think they were short of business,their checkout counters were always busy,and lets be honest carrefour's shopping experience is a billion times better than any other supermarket in sg massive floorspace,well designed layouts,top for household goods,bottom for food and perishables pleasant environment,great variety and selection maybe it cost too much to ship these premium goods from europe or something,giant and sheng siong outlay just sucks and a crowded mess theres these unmistakable stench of poverty,like they were targeted at peasant sinkies with absolutely no standards or self respect.

I've seen chinese supermarket in CHINA that is exactly like carrefour and they are booming. What I wanted to point out is that there are factors to contribute to a high quality supermarket like carrefour in Singapore. And it could be a simple as consumer don't shop there because their price is more expensive. The interesting question is, why are SG not able to sustain a quality supermarket like carrefour but Giant and SengSong instead?

very simple. majority of sinkies are like these who will squeeze blood out of every dollar in order to pump four into 4-d, six hundred and ninety six into ktv, and six thousand nine hundred and sexty-nine into hfj.

image.jpg

ckmpd

over where i am at farmers' markets where local, fresh, organically grown fruit (no "s") are sold, astute customers pick smaller fruit that have spots, bruises and scratches on them as "ugly" fruit full of marks are typically indicative of no pesticides, no gmo, no spraying, no artificial nor animal fertilizers. when fruit are too big, too round, too clean, too free of spots, too perfect, customers walk away as sellers are likely getting rid of excess or leftover non-organic fruit that are meant for supermarkets.

organically grown plums at farmers' market. not pretty, not perfect.

View attachment 28370

american growers and retailers are honest like Australian and Japanese

ckmpd

seriously fuck this retarded country.....hdb built by 3rd world companies,trains manufactured in 3rd world countries,supermaket filled with 3rd world garbage.....only the prices are first world prices.

yes, SG is in trouble if pap persists in this mode of governance. Importing cheap but not honest labour and displacing honest Singaporeans

ckmpd

carrefour, SOGO, Daimaru and yaohan are all gone. I believe K Mart too. They are gone because of high rentals, high transportation, high wages of good labour. Can import cheap labour but their service levels are not up to french, Japanese standards.

The issue here is abt integrity of NTUC. Why need to creatively hide a fruit damage? This is bad sales tactic. Compared what NUTC did with my experience at the Perth fruit orchard and you sense what I am driving at

american growers and retailers are honest like Australian and Japanese

it all depends on the buyers. discerning buyers are ok with imperfect fruit while the fat, lazy, welfare turds go to walmart and safemart to look for perfect fruit. unfortunately there are more fatso, lazy, welfare turds in america, thus growers, distributors and retailers put more "perfect" bigger fruit on the shelves. it all starts with demand. none of the fatso, lazy, welfare freeloaders will want my 100% organic fruit from the backyard even if i give them away free.

image.jpg

ckmpd

low purchasing power forces many Singaporeans to opt for cheaper goods.

The point i am raising is, if I agree to pay NTUC $4 for 5 pears, I shd get 5 pears in good eating condition, not 4 with one bad pear

ckmpd

very simple. majority of sinkies are like these who will squeeze blood out of every dollar in order to pump four into 4-d, six hundred and ninety six into ktv, and six thousand nine hundred and sexty-nine into hfj.

Because of bad practices like what NTUC did, can you blame Singaporeans for being wary and want to select their fruits when at NTUC Best?

ckmpd

it all depends on the buyers. discerning buyers are ok with imperfect fruit while the fat, lazy, welfare turds go to walmart and safemart to look for perfect fruit. unfortunately there are more fatso, lazy, welfare turds in america, thus growers, distributors and retailers put more "perfect" bigger fruit on the shelves. it all starts with demand. none of the fatso, lazy, welfare freeloaders will want my 100% organic fruit from the backyard even if i give them away free.

View attachment 28372

imperfect fruits are fine if they are openly displayed and the retailer is not out to hide the truth

Because of bad practices like what NTUC did, can you blame Singaporeans for being wary and want to select their fruits when at NTUC Best?

please provide photographic proof. no pic no talk (npnt). in fact, you may just be highfalutin with false claims. ntuc can sue you, and i hope they do if you're just a shit-stirrer without evidence and facts. you can easily capture evidence these days with your smartphone. why so lazy?

carrefour, SOGO, Daimaru and yaohan are all gone. I believe K Mart too. They are gone because of high rentals, high transportation, high wages of good labour. Can import cheap labour but their service levels are not up to french, Japanese standards.

The issue here is abt integrity of NTUC. Why need to creatively hide a fruit damage? This is bad sales tactic. Compared what NUTC did with my experience at the Perth fruit orchard and you sense what I am driving at

I speculate that the government's "asset enhancement" policies is a major cause leading to very high rent, and the resultant effects.

I travel often to Australia and have been to Japan.

Earlier this year, I visited Perth and went to a fruit Orchard. It was peach season. The lady owner was very kind. She asked me when I intended to eat the fruits. I told her that I wanted to bring them back to Singapore. She brought some freshly picked peaches for me to choose. When she was packing the peaches, she advised me to change two peaches as they have two small black spots and replaced them with two better ones for me. I was thankful. This is excellence. This shows that Australians are up there

I went to Japan and saw the excellent service of Japanese supermarkets. the Japanese consumer will just pick any food pack on the shelf, knowing that the supermarket will not give them bad products. This shows supermarket service excellence.

In contrast, I went to NTUC Best at marine parade recently. I bought a pack of five pears. When I opened the pack at home, I saw that one pear was badly dented and damaged. It was creatively packed so that the dented part was hidden. This spoke badly of NTUC. Why does it deem proper to hide and lie abt a damaged pear?

This is the problem with Singapore. When the govt sees it proper not to speak the truth but tells well concealed lies, GLCs and TLCs follow the govt.

Singaporeans and visitors experience these small lies everyday and it does not look good on Singapore. When is the govt going to lead by example and stop bad practices?

No amount of talk about graciousness by Singapore Kindness Movement will work as long as govt and people in authority dont walk their talk

NTUC Fairprice now has signs that ask people not to squeeze or poke the fruits. They should have included this as part of primary school education years ago. :rolleyes::biggrin: