• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Ssmsung Rolling Out the Note 7 with new battery today

TemaseX

Alfrescian
Loyal
Samsung is screwed!!!!!

The karma of copying iphone

You cannot copy others and expect the same success.

Android phones does not copy crap gay phones, and are better. Frankly if anything resembled Gay Phones I would had threw away afar from the very beginning.

Samsung ALL FEATURES in Specs about Doubly BETTER than lame crap Gay Crap Phones. Best in market so far.

TemaseX

Alfrescian
Loyal
Samsung is screwed!!!!!

The karma of copying iphone

You cannot copy others and expect the same success.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/iPhone-6-Plus-catches-fire-in-mans-bed_id77021

PhoneArena
Search
loginregisterHOMEPHONESTABLETSNEWSREVIEWSVIDEOSTIP US
SHOW MENUHome › News › iPhone 6 Plus catches fire in man's bed
iPhone 6 Plus catches fire in man's bed
Posted: 30 Dec 2015, 05:01, by Paul K. Tags : T-Mobile+ AT&T+ Verizon+ Sprint+ iOS+ Apple+

We live in the age of daily smartphone charges – whether we have a tiny iPhone 4s or a gargantuan Galaxy Note 5, we are very likely to plug in our handsets in the power outlet in the evening, so it would have the juice to keep its lights on throughout the next day. And, being the powerful media devices and smart alarm clocks that they are, we are very probable to have our smartphones positioned close to, or even in our beds as we sleep.

A man from Atlanta — one David Grimsley — was doing just that. He had his iPhone 6 Plus plugged in the outlet and lying on the bed next to him, when the phone unexpectedly caught on fire, Fox 5 News reports. Suddenly, the man accounts, sparks and flames busted out of the device, prompting him to quickly push the handset off the bed, then off the carpet, until it was lying on the hard floor.

Mr. Grimsley reported the accident to Apple and was quickly sent a brand-new iPhone 6 Plus to replace the overcooked unit, but this doesn't really put the user’s mind at ease. He was disappointed in the fact that Apple showed no concern whether he had been injured in the accident or not, and said that he feels paranoid over recharging his phone now. And, for those who are concerned, Mr. Grimsley did burn his fingers during the ordeal, but has now recovered.

This is not the first account of a spontaneously-combusting smartphone and the issue is brand-agnostic – it has happened to many different classes of devices, made from various manufacturers. However, this is the second report of an iPhone 6 Plus catching fire this month alone – last time, we heard of a man who was forced to take his burning pants off in the middle of a parking lot. Interestingly enough, that also happened in Atlanta.

The two main culprits that cause a malfunctioning cellphone battery are physical damage or use of a low quality, unauthorized charger. Of course, there’s always the possibility of having a lemon battery, which still explodes despite the fact that the user has been treating it right. So please, be mindful of how you maintain and where you leave your favorite gadgets!

TemaseX

Alfrescian
Loyal
iphone-4-fire.jpg

fatal-phone-accidents-iphone-fire-1500x991.jpg

Apple-iPhone-catches-fire-burns-teenager.jpg

Google got countless cases w video and pics of exploded and burnt Gay Phones since day one, Gay Phone Inc never did any global recall at all.

TemaseX

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/1648947-story

iPhone 6 catches fire; Phoenix man claims it caused 2nd degree burns on his leg

It's one of the hottest smartphones on the market but is the new iPhone 6 too hot to handle? A Phoenix man says it was for him; he says his iPhone 6 caught fire while still in his pocket. 10/21/14
By: Jill Monier
POSTED:OCT 21 2014 08:52PM MST
UPDATED:OCT 22 2014 09:05AM MST
A FOX 10 EXCLUSIVE

PHOENIX (KSAZ) -- It's one of the hottest smartphones on the market but is the new iPhone 6 too hot to handle? A Phoenix man says it was for him; he says his iPhone 6 caught fire while still in his pocket.

The phone even burned a hole through his pants leaving him with second-degree burns on his leg.

He's now waiting for Apple to explain how this could have happened.

Phillip Lechter showed us the burned jeans he was wearing at the time of the incident, photos of the torched iPhone, and a bandaged wound.*

He says he likes Apple, has used their products for years, and will continue to do so but tonight he says he wants some sort of explanation from the company.

"It's been a little over a week now, so I've had the opportunity to get some good medicine on it," said Lechter.

Lechter is nursing a burn on his leg; he says he got from his iPhone 6.

"It wasn't like a puff of smoke, I could actually feel my leg burning and I couldn't figure out what it was," he said.

Lechter was in town for the U of A football game October 11th. He says he was riding in a Rickshaw with his family when it hit something and started to tip over. His iPhone was in his front pocket.

Related Stories

Woman riding on mattress on top of van killed
WATCH: German Shepherd breaks out of shelter
School allowing service dogs in training in dorms
VIDEO: Clown arrested by police
"As the rickshaw tipped, I stepped out like this, and it drove the Apple phone into the bar of the rickshaw... luckily we weren't injured at all, it was just one of those weird sensations like a roller coaster ride until I realized my pants were on fire" said Lechter.

Lechter says the phone burned through his jeans and his boxers.*

"So these were the pants I was wearing... the part had the most heat was the glass, and that was up against my leg," he said.

Lechter described seeing flames from his phone.

"The flames were coming out of the pocket the smoke was coming out of here... it did burn me as I pulled it out," said Lechter.

He took photos of the iPhone shortly after the incident.

"It's a lithium battery, it's a situation through the bending of the phone, it popped the lithium battery which caused the burning," he said.

Lechter was able to get the phone out of his pants, and he threw it to the side. Someone walking by happened to get video of a cup of ice being thrown on the phone and you can hear it sizzling.

Lecther says he has 2nd degree burns on his leg. He took the iPhone to the Apple store in Scottsdale the next day.

"They were pretty shocked; they'd never seen something like that before," said Lecther.*

Apple replaced the phone, but Lechter wants the company to address what he says happened to him.

"If a child or teenager was riding their bike, had their phone on them, they fell and hurt themselves and couldn't get the phone out of their pocket, what kind of situation are we in there now... they need to make sure they protect the public. Because I always used the case to protect the phone, I didn't know I needed a case to protect myself" he said.

Lecther says last Sunday employees at the Scottsdale store said someone from corporate would contact him.

So far he hasn't heard from anyone at Apple. He doesn't plan to sue, but he would like Apple to pay his medical bills.

FOX 10 reached out to Apple for comment, but a spokesperson said they were not sure if they'd have a comment on the incident.

Phillip Lechter's blog post: My APPLE iPHONE 6 bent and caught on fire in my front pocket!

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't know where you got the impression that the iPhone 7 is not selling well?
Just google "iPhone 7 are they selling". I'll paste the 1st article I got below.

Next year will be the 10th anniversary of the iPhone & many expect major changes to the iPhone e.g. new body, new screens, faster processors, ... & I'm sure Apple has other surprises in store :smile:

Apple said it won’t be releasing iPhone 7 weekend launch sales figures this Monday

If sales were any good, why wont they release figures, like they have always done?

Apple Tumbles After Channel Checks Reveal iPhone 7 Exuberance Misplaced

Despite exuberance from the wireless service providers, it appears channel checks from Germany's GfK, Germany's largest market research institute, show things for the iPhone7 are not as great as the carriers would like the world to believe.According to a GfK note, AAPL iPhone units shows that launch weekend sales for iPhone 7 and 7 Plus were down by ~25% Y/Y compared to the first weekend of the 6S and 6Plus.

Full article here..

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-...-checks-suggest-iphone-7-exuberance-misplaced

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you think Samsung has rectified the battery problem you better watch out because the new newer versions of the Note 7 may still catch fire

The owner refused to give the "burn't" Note 7 to Samsung because he suspected that they would do a cover up. :biggrin:
I guess the chinese consumers are more savy than some Sporeans who insist on buying Samsung products.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...r-in-china-reports-battery-fire-in-new-note-7

Samsung Customer in China Reports Battery Fire in New Note 7

A Chinese man reported that a Note 7 smartphone from Samsung Electronics Co. exploded after he bought it this week, raising questions about whether the South Korean company’s problems with battery fires are spreading to newer versions of the premium device.

The 25-year-old customer, Hui Renjie, said his Note 7 exploded Monday morning, less than 24 hours after he got it delivered from e-commerce website JD.com Inc. He said the incident caused minor injuries to two of his fingers and burned his Apple Inc. MacBook. A Samsung representative visited him soon afterward and asked to take away the phone, he said, but he declined the offer because he doesn’t trust the company to reveal the reason for the fire, and plans to publicize the issue.

“We are currently contacting the customer and will conduct a thorough examination of the device in question once we receive it,” the Korean company said in an e-mailed statement.

Samsung has been engulfed in perhaps the worst crisis in its corporate history after Note 7 smartphones began to burst into flames just days after hitting the market in August. The Suwon-based company announced Sept. 2 that it would replace all 2.5 million phones sold globally at that point. Samsung said it had uncovered the cause of the battery fires and that it was certain new phones wouldn’t have the same flaws.

The latest China incident however raises the prospect that Samsung has battery problems with Note 7 phones now hitting the market, adding the risk of further recalls and potential brand damage. Analysts have estimated that the original recall would cost the company $1 billion to $2 billion.

The sporadic reports of phones bursting into flame are unlikely to do its business any favors in China, where it’s already slipped out of the top five and lost market share Huawei Technologies Co., Xiaomi Corp. and other manufacturers. Samsung examined two Note 7 devices bought online in China earlier this month that ignited in users’ hands, but determined that heat had been applied from an external source and that batteries weren’t the cause of the fires.

Local media have also criticized the Korean company’s decision to mostly exclude the world’s largest smartphone arena from its global recall, saying that Note 7s sold there used different batteries that weren’t prone to overheating.

“Samsung’s business in China will only get worse,” said Greg Roh, an analyst at HMC Investment Securities in Seoul. “Samsung may have to sacrifice massive marketing costs in China to win back its customers.”

The original Note 7 fires came after Samsung decided to rush the device to market to take advantage of what Korean executives thought would be a mediocre iPhone 7 from Apple, Bloomberg News reported last week. Top executives were convinced the Note would dazzle consumers and they pushed suppliers to meet unusually tight deadlines, despite loads of new features, people familiar with the matter said.

For a Gadfly column on Samsung’s strategic challenges, click here.

Samsung drew criticism for the recall as well as the battery fires. The company announced replacement plans publicly before working out how millions of consumers in 10 countries would actually get replacements. Consumer advocates in the U.S. voiced concerns that Samsung’s lack of coordination with regulators risked causing confusion.

On Tuesday, Samsung said that 60 percent of the recalled Note 7s have been exchanged in the U.S. and South Korea. About 90 percent of users have chosen to replace their recalled devices with a new Note 7, the company said.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If sales were any good, why wont they release figures, like they have always done?

Apple Tumbles After Channel Checks Reveal iPhone 7 Exuberance Misplaced

Despite exuberance from the wireless service providers, it appears channel checks from Germany's GfK, Germany's largest market research institute, show things for the iPhone7 are not as great as the carriers would like the world to believe.According to a GfK note, AAPL iPhone units shows that launch weekend sales for iPhone 7 and 7 Plus were down by ~25% Y/Y compared to the first weekend of the 6S and 6Plus.

Full article here..

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-...-checks-suggest-iphone-7-exuberance-misplaced

FYI. Apple hasn't rolled out the iPhone 7 globally. It has only been released in some countries.

Apple will be releasing their quarterly report on Oct 27. So stay tuned. It will only give a partial view on the sale of the iPhone 7 because it will only have about 1 month of sales data. How well the iPhone 7 does will only be seen in their January 2017 quarterly report.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/1648947-story

It's one of the hottest smartphones on the market but is the new iPhone 6 too hot to handle? A Phoenix man says it was for him; he says his iPhone 6 caught fire while still in his pocket. 10/21/14
By: Jill Monier
POSTED:OCT 21 2014 08:52PM MST
UPDATED:OCT 22 2014 09:05AM MST
A FOX 10 EXCLUSIVE

PHOENIX (KSAZ) -- It's one of the hottest smartphones on the market but is the new iPhone 6 too hot to handle? A Phoenix man says it was for him; he says his iPhone 6 caught fire while still in his pocket.

The phone even burned a hole through his pants leaving him with second-degree burns on his leg.

He's now waiting for Apple to explain how this could have happened.

Phillip Lechter showed us the burned jeans he was wearing at the time of the incident, photos of the torched iPhone, and a bandaged wound.*

He says he likes Apple, has used their products for years, and will continue to do so but tonight he says he wants some sort of explanation from the company.

"It's been a little over a week now, so I've had the opportunity to get some good medicine on it," said Lechter.

Lechter is nursing a burn on his leg; he says he got from his iPhone 6.

"It wasn't like a puff of smoke, I could actually feel my leg burning and I couldn't figure out what it was," he said.

Lechter was in town for the U of A football game October 11th. He says he was riding in a Rickshaw with his family when it hit something and started to tip over. His iPhone was in his front pocket.

Related Stories

Woman riding on mattress on top of van killed
WATCH: German Shepherd breaks out of shelter
School allowing service dogs in training in dorms
VIDEO: Clown arrested by police
"As the rickshaw tipped, I stepped out like this, and it drove the Apple phone into the bar of the rickshaw... luckily we weren't injured at all, it was just one of those weird sensations like a roller coaster ride until I realized my pants were on fire" said Lechter.

Lechter says the phone burned through his jeans and his boxers.*

"So these were the pants I was wearing... the part had the most heat was the glass, and that was up against my leg," he said.

Lechter described seeing flames from his phone.

"The flames were coming out of the pocket the smoke was coming out of here... it did burn me as I pulled it out," said Lechter.

He took photos of the iPhone shortly after the incident.

"It's a lithium battery, it's a situation through the bending of the phone, it popped the lithium battery which caused the burning," he said.

Lechter was able to get the phone out of his pants, and he threw it to the side. Someone walking by happened to get video of a cup of ice being thrown on the phone and you can hear it sizzling.

Lecther says he has 2nd degree burns on his leg. He took the iPhone to the Apple store in Scottsdale the next day.

"They were pretty shocked; they'd never seen something like that before," said Lecther.*

Apple replaced the phone, but Lechter wants the company to address what he says happened to him.

"If a child or teenager was riding their bike, had their phone on them, they fell and hurt themselves and couldn't get the phone out of their pocket, what kind of situation are we in there now... they need to make sure they protect the public. Because I always used the case to protect the phone, I didn't know I needed a case to protect myself" he said.

Lecther says last Sunday employees at the Scottsdale store said someone from corporate would contact him.

So far he hasn't heard from anyone at Apple. He doesn't plan to sue, but he would like Apple to pay his medical bills.

FOX 10 reached out to Apple for comment, but a spokesperson said they were not sure if they'd have a comment on the incident.

Phillip Lechter's blog post: My APPLE iPHONE 6 bent and caught on fire in my front pocket!

Take a look at why the iPhone 6 caught fire. The iPhone was extensively damaged when the guy was involved in a collision. Whereas Samsung Note 7 is catching fire spontaneously.

[video=youtube;aYRuXjdmgqg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYRuXjdmgqg[/video]

TemaseX

Alfrescian
Loyal
Take a look at why the iPhone 6 caught fire. The iPhone was extensively damaged when the guy was involved in a collision. Whereas Samsung Note 7 is catching fire spontaneously.

lots of Gay Phones / Gay Laptops get fire explosion while in use. Or while carried on road. Galaxy Note 7 only while charging batteries. It is the Quick-Charge, Fast-Charge that are troubles.

I know personally a safe make-shift work-around way to charge note 7 safely, because it is water proof, wireless charging, features. Soak note 7 inside a plastic box placed above wireless charger. It will charge wirelessly, through the container and water. Water keep it cool, prevent overheating during charge. Water isolated air / oxygen, no fire possible. Phone can still be turned on, or off. If it rings, just pick it up from water to answer, after call throw it back to water to charge.

:smile: This make-shift work-aroundway works for nightly charging until Samsung come out with ideal sets for replacement. :smile:

Wireless Charging is via oscillating magnetic field, between phone and charger, it goes through water n plastic container. Charger is not waterproof, so leave it on table, put water container on top of it. Phone is waterproof, inside few inches of water few hours is OK.

Gay Phones lousy, can not wirelessly charge, nor waterproof. Fucked up.

Note 7 super advanced, can IRIS Scan recognition, knows the owners by eyes and finger prints. So good!

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lots of Gay Phones / Gay Laptops get fire explosion while in use. Or while carried on road. Galaxy Note 7 only while charging batteries. It is the Quick-Charge, Fast-Charge that are troubles.

I know personally a safe make-shift work-around way to charge note 7 safely, because it is water proof, wireless charging, features. Soak note 7 inside a plastic box placed above wireless charger. It will charge wirelessly, through the container and water. Water keep it cool, prevent overheating during charge. Water isolated air / oxygen, no fire possible. Phone can still be turned on, or off. If it rings, just pick it up from water to answer, after call throw it back to water to charge.

:smile: This make-shift work-aroundway works for nightly charging until Samsung come out with ideal sets for replacement. :smile:

Wireless Charging is via oscillating magnetic field, between phone and charger, it goes through water n plastic container. Charger is not waterproof, so leave it on table, put water container on top of it. Phone is waterproof, inside few inches of water few hours is OK.

Gay Phones lousy, can not wirelessly charge, nor waterproof. Fucked up.

Note 7 super advanced, can IRIS Scan recognition, knows the owners by eyes and finger prints. So good!

Get your facts straight. Airlines have banned passengers from putting the Note 7 in their checkin luggage.
They have also ban users from powering on or charging the Note 7 in the cabin.

I hope that I don't have to share a flight with someone who thinks it is alright to ignore these warnings. If you want to ignore the warnings & put your own life in danger that's your business, but don't put others in danger:mad:

http://www.zdnet.com/article/faa-prohibiting-galaxy-note-7-from-powering-on-during-flights/

FAA: Powering on Galaxy Note 7 during flight prohibited

In a statement, the FAA tells airlines not to allow passengers to turn on or charge Samsung's recalled Galaxy Note 7.

The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has officially banned Samsung's Galaxy Note 7 from being used during flights and asked airlines to stop passengers from powering on or using the recalled smartphone.

"Passengers may not turn on or charge the devices when they carry them on board a plane," the FAA said in a statement. "Passengers must also protect the devices from accidental activation, including disabling any features that may turn on the device, such as alarm clocks, and must not pack them in checked luggage."

The FAA and airlines issued softer guidance earlier this month, saying they "strongly" advise fliers to not turn on or charge the Galaxy Note 7.

The firm stance from the FAA comes after the Consumer Product Safety Commission issued a recall of the new Galaxy Note 7 on Thursday. It reported 92 reports of overheating Note 7 batteries in the US, with 55 of those events resulting in reports of property damage.

The massive recall has resulted in a scramble for Samsung to replace the Galaxy Note 7 across the globe. New Galaxy Note 7 handsets are expected to be back in stores on Sept. 21. Until then, the FAA advises fliers to:

Turn off the device.
Disconnect the device from any charging equipment.
Disable all applications that could inadvertently activate the phone (e.g., alarm clock).
Protect the power switch to prevent its unintentional activation.
Keep the device in carry-on baggage or on your person. (Do not place in checked baggage.)

At this point, if you haven't sent your Galaxy Note 7 back as part of the recall or returned it, you are taking a big risk.

TemaseX

Alfrescian
Loyal
Get your facts straight. Airlines have banned passengers from putting the Note 7 in their checkin luggage.
They have also ban users from powering on or charging the Note 7 in the cabin.

I hope that I don't have to share a flight with someone who thinks it is alright to ignore these warnings. If you want to ignore the warnings & put your own life in danger that's your business, but don't put others in danger:mad:

Stupid airlines must treat all Gay Phones as bombs as well. These management got to be foolish Bastard faggots or Lesbians.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All these batteries issues are bought about because of the stupidity of using built in batteries. If manufacturers did not follow faggot phones lead by using built in batteries.. This problem could have been mitigated by replacing the battery...

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
All these batteries issues are bought about because of the stupidity of using built in batteries. If manufacturers did not follow faggot phones lead by using built in batteries.. This problem could have been mitigated by replacing the battery...

I tend to agree with that. Built in battery is kind of stupid. battery will gain heat and if it is inside a case, then it is not easy for the heat to be released.