• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Bond investors in Spore be careful

abcdexyz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singtel prices US$500m 10-year notes at 2.375%

SINGAPORE Telecommunications (Singtel) said on Tuesday it has priced US$500 million of 10-year notes at 2.375 per cent.

The notes will mature in 2026, and will be drawn down under Singtel Group Treasury's S$10 billion Euro Medium Term Note Programme guaranteed by Singtel (Programme).

They have been rated Aa3 by Moody's and A+ by Standard & Poor's, and have been picking up strong demand from a wide range of investors, Singtel said in a filing to Singapore Exchange (SGX).

"This issue is part of the long-term financing strategy and extends the debt maturity profile of Singtel and its subsidiaries," it said.

Application has been made for the listing and quotation of the notes on SGX, it added.

DBS Bank, HSBC and Morgan Stanley Asia acted as joint lead managers and bookrunners.

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/com..._medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&xtor=CS1-3

i think this is good buy:smile:

kkbutterfly

Alfrescian
Loyal
.if the banks are truly sincere in their modus operandi they should at least guarantee 30 percent of the bonds,or not reccomend anything they dont co own part of.

yes. I ever ask my dumb financial adviser if he willing to co pay 20% if I make a loss in any investment since he had proudly said he had help many clients make their wallet fatter.
if I gain, not only he earns my commission , he get another 20% of my profit.
dumb adviser chicken out tell me he don't have much saving.

kkbutterfly

Alfrescian
Loyal
simple fact, for oil and gas companies, oil price must be in the range of $70 to $80. looking at the current price of $40+, it look impossible and rather stupid to invest in the oil and gas industry.

for those needing advice, please page for Bro RUNifyoucan, this guy is above average. better than toking cock here.:biggrin:

what at the rock bottom will bound back up.
problem is when?

kkbutterfly

Alfrescian
Loyal
does any one know is UOB gold trading account safe?
All saving account is currently guaranteed by sdic of $50k.
I believed UOB gold trading account is not guaranteed by sdic.
in the event they suka suka declared failed, all $$ gone?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i was using Oanda so i can enter very small trades.............but it's the same thing.........if no stoploss then going short can kill the account.........but if not using high leverage OR NO leverage even without stoploss...........going long won't kill the account..........unless there's negative swap and you hold the losing trades for years - account killed by negative swap...........

The reason I was doing Forex was because back then someone introduced me to it, so we had a group of people doing it. Back then it was easy to get an account & the concept was easy to understand. Well it might be easy to do but it's easier to lose money then make money. Eventually everyone I knew stopped doing it because they found themselves losing money.

I heard that some people were conducting free seminars on forex trading. They will help you open an account the only cost is a pip or two of every trade you make. If these people are so smart, ask yourself why they are so eager to sponsor people instead of doing the trading themselves:confused:

Go ahead & try it out but I predict you will eventually come to the same conclusion & start investing in stocks. I recommend you read about the concept of index funds. It might be slower but in the long run it will be more rewarding.

bart12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Run , you lose 700K still not too bad compare to this old retiree!!

77yo retiree stuck with $2.25m Rickmers note wants his money back

http://www.straitstimes.com/business/rickmers-note-holders-join-forces-to-get-payment

Over 50 note holders who together hold $26m worth want principal plus interest back

Marissa Lee

More trouble has struck financially-embattled container ship operator Rickmers Maritime, which wants bond holders to accept payouts far less than they invested.

Now a group of retirees, businessmen and others who have each sunk $250,000 or more into the bonds issued by the trust are demanding to get their principal back in full, with interest, immediately.

They are trying to do this by exercising a so-called "acceleration" clause in the bond contract.

Rickmers, a trust, has already said it will not be able to pay $4.2 million worth of coupons due November, unless note holders agreed to lose more of their principal.

It got off on the wrong foot with note holders at a meeting two weeks ago, when Mr Soeren Andersen, chief executive of Rickmers Trust Management, urged note holders to swap their $100 million principal for $28 million perpetual bonds, convertible into 20 per cent of units in the trust.

Note holders balked at the 60 per cent haircut even as Rickmers units continued to slide to an all-time low of 3.8 cents on Monday. Rickmers said the swap would allow it to access a $260.2 million bank facility.

BREAKDOWN OF TRUST

Many issuers such as AusGroup and Marco Polo Marine are restructuring, but Rickmers has proposed the worst deal.

RETIREE JEREMY TAN, 77, who bought $2.25 million of Rickmers notes

A week later, Rickmers revised its offer, proposing a swap of the $100 million principal for $40 million due November 2023, and exchanging the rest for 60 per cent of the trust, after issuing 1.32 billion new units. The $100 million 8.45 per cent notes had been due next May.

Many note holders remained unpersuaded, as there would still be no cash on the table for them.

Retiree Jeremy Tan, 77, who bought $2.25 million of notes, said: "Many issuers such as AusGroup and Marco Polo Marine are restructuring but Rickmers has proposed the worst deal."

More than 50 note holders who together hold $26 million of Rickmers notes have signed an acceleration notice, delivered to trustee DB International Trust yesterday.

The trustee must verify the identities of the note holders and check that their combined holdings cross the 25 per cent threshold before passing the notice on to Rickmers.

The notices could prompt creditor banks to file claims over the trust to protect their own interests.

Many note holders The Straits Times spoke to said they are prepared for the worst. A businessman, who preferred to be known as Mr Kok, said: "I hope not to lose my principal, but we must show a position."

Steel businessman Ong C. T. said he was prepared to forego $250,000. "I'm holding bonds of six or seven other oil and gas issuers. I want them to think twice before they try to bulldoze note holders."

Once fragmented, the note holders started to coalesce after a meeting called by Rickmers two weeks ago. They then scrambled to find one another via social media.

They have provisionally engaged consultant Deloitte, whom they hope can find common ground with Rickmers' adviser, PwC, to figure out a workable plan.

Mr Kok added: "We need to have an independent adviser for us to have a clear understanding of the financial situation of the company."

Rickmers Trust Management said in a statement yesterday evening that it had not received any notice from the notes trustee that the notes are immediately due and payable.

abcdexyz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Johnny lost 700k usd in forex.
I have lost count how much I lost. No mood to really count how much losses now. Paper losses 70k

One of my marine stock is in Run's list, the company anytime will kaput. Bankrupt.
Too late to run.

Regret now.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Run , you lose 700K still not too bad compare to this old retiree!!

77yo retiree stuck with $2.25m Rickmers note wants his money back

Thanks brother Bart12. 700K is like ten years of income to me.
Lost Decade - how many ten years do we have.

So i got to work harder :(

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fret not Run. I sure the savvy firms borrowed in usd. Hehehe. Our financial system is sound, no problem. It like pass the bomb; you holding it when the music stops too bad for you.

The Asian economic crisis in late 90s started because everyone was borrowing in weak USD and low interest rates.
Then suddenly US Dollar spiked up and a rate-shock collapsed Asia's stock market.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are Singapore's Developers Buried Under Debt? - Singapore’s Smaller Developers Are Vulnerable to Liquidity Risk
http://www.forbes.com/sites/alexfrewmcmillan/2016/09/08/are-singapores-developers-buried-under-debt

TA Corp
TACLSP 5.500% 29Mar2018
Last Checked: 20% discount to par
https://www.bondsupermart.com/main/bond-info/bond-factsheet/JK5408543

Aspial
ASPSP 5.250% 28Aug2020
Last Checked: 10% discount to par
https://www.bondsupermart.com/main/bond-info/bond-factsheet/SG31A4000007

ASPSP 5.300% 01Apr2020 Corp
Last Checked: 8% discount to par
https://www.bondsupermart.com/main/bond-info/bond-factsheet/JK5852351

ASPSP 5.500% 27Nov2018
Last Checked: 6% discount to par
https://www.bondsupermart.com/main/bond-info/bond-factsheet/SG6UI6000000

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Case Study: Highly-Geared Companies

Perennial Real Estate Holdings Limited - Singapore-dollar loans funding Chinese assets
https://www.fool.sg/2016/09/28/3-th...about-perennial-real-estate-holdings-limited/
Perennial-debt-maturity-profile.jpg

Hyflux - Singapore-dollar loans funding $3.6billion order book
https://secure.fundsupermart.com/main/bond/article/Hyflux-Ltd-Better-times-ahead--11505
64.gif

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Looking at the mess deutsche bank is in, it would be prudent to start divesting banks' shares. The fallout will be tremendous when shit hits the fan.... no banks shall be spared.

bart12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looking at the mess deutsche bank is in, it would be prudent to start divesting banks' shares. The fallout will be tremendous when shit hits the fan.... no banks shall be spared.

If not handle properly, it will be another Lehman Brother moment.. However , after knowing Central Banker pattern, all banks are too big to fail and will be bailed out!! Might be a good opportunity to invest when markets are in turmoil during this drag-out episode of deutsche bank crisis

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If not handle properly, it will be another Lehman Brother moment.. However , after knowing Central Banker pattern, all banks are too big to fail and will be bailed out!! Might be a good opportunity to invest when markets are in turmoil during this drag-out episode of deutsche bank crisis

It's at record low now, go for it!!..