• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Satire at its best

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/ca...-again-off-again-award-a-total-embarrassment/
On-again, off-again award a total embarrassment
September 20, 2016
Rosmah Mansor and Permata do not deserve to be embarrassed by the organisers of the "Lead by Example" award since the boo-boo is someone else's doing.

Permata

By TK Chua

I read with bewilderment an award proposed for Rosmah Mansor, then Permata and then subsequently withdrawn altogether.

I am not here to comment on whether Rosmah is deserving of the award, neither am I sure of Permata’s merit. I have no credentials or information to assess Permata or its performance.

My comment is focused on the series of reports that have unfolded from the day this award was first announced. I wonder who was responsible for causing so much ambiguity, confusion and embarrassment, not just to Rosmah, but also Permata and the country.

First we learnt the “Lead by Example” award was to be presented to Rosmah personally. However it was subsequently reported that the award was in honour of Permata, an organisation that was Rosmah’s brainchild. She, as the patron, was supposed to receive the award on behalf of Permata.

However, more twists and turns ensued. At this point, we were not even sure who was giving the award. Was it Unesco, the Antiquities Coalition or both of them jointly?

Now we hear that the award to Permata is being withdrawn because the “award giver” had no immediate means of verifying the funding behind Permata.

Can we see the baloney here? In the first place, who proposed that Rosmah or Permata be given the award if no proper background research was carried out first on Permata’s funding or its performance?

Second, how did the award giver then decide the award was to be withdrawn after the announcement had been made?

Third, how did Unesco come into the picture if the award had nothing to do with them, as claimed?

Fourth, who and what is the Antiquities Coalition? What has the Antiquities Coalition to do with childhood education in the Third World?

How often do they give awards and for what purpose?

I have no means of assessing whether international organisations are incompetent or indulging in national politics. However, it does appear so.

I have no means of knowing whether there are local apple polishers who jumped the gun to announce this award. But again, it does appear so.

I agree Rosmah may be a controversial figure to many. However, I do not think she and the country deserve this much of embarrassment if the fault is someone else’s.

TK Chua is an FMT reader.