• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Pastor Kong: Sun Ho would be the "next Whitney Houston".

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE - Using the church's building fund to support a project that benefited the church was not being dishonest, especially when it was founded on full belief and faith, argued former City Harvest Church (CHC) fund manager Chew Eng Han on Friday (Sept 16).

Speaking to a three-judge panel on the second day of the appeal, Chew, 57, refuted the charges of dishonest misappropriation that was made out by the prosecution.

Chew, who is representing himself, is one of six CHC leaders convicted of misappropriating church funds to fuel the pop music career of CHC founder Kong Hee's wife, Ms Ho Yeow Sun, in a church mission known as the Crossover Project.

He was handed a six-year jail term.

He argued that the bond proceeds of music production company Xtron and glass-maker Firna did not go into his own pocket, but were for the church's benefit.

"I never thought it was a crime to apply the building fund to the Crossover," said Chew, adding that it was a mission of the church and an investment to make money.

He said that a civil suit can be brought against him for a breach of contract for using the building fund for an unauthorised purpose. But in a "layman's understanding of the law", he would not have committed a crime.

City Harvest trial: Kong Hee arriving at court

The prosecution had been misguided to say that wrongful use equated to dishonest misappropriation, Chew said.

He said the prosecution painted him as a "clever scheming fund manager hiding illegal activities" when he had in fact "suffered" because of his blind faith in the church.

Chew, who told the court he and his family had donated $1 million to the church, pointed out: "I'm not a taker to the church. I'm a giver, and thieves don't give to the owners of the property."

When he structured the bonds, he had relied on the words of professionals and Kong's positive expectations that Ms Ho's US album launch would be a success, paving the way for the Crossover Project.

Referring to an email by Kong in 2005, he said that the latter told church leaders that Ms Ho was a "singing diva". Kong also told him that she would be the "next Whitney Houston".

Later, when Justice Chan Seng Onn asked him: "So you were brainwashed?"

Chew replied: "Yes, I was."

The trial resumes after a lunch break, with former finance manager Sharon Tan presenting her case.

Kong, Chew, Tan and three other former church leaders are back in court to appeal against their convictions and sentences in the high-profile financial scandal involving $50 million in church funds.

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
Brainwash.. Wahahhaahha..

I always equate brainwashing of sinkies to their pathetic cpf bullshit.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think whitney had one of the best voices in the pop industry,but after the crack and heroine addiction,she sound like a homeless drug addict.

Paula Abdul has Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome (RSD) but still invited as judge of American idol to give countless comments

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
These people knew that theirs is a lost cause. The reason for their appeal is to ensure that the show goes on. If they do not appeal, then the next step would be for the commissioner of charity to revoke CHC and it will be the end of the church and the money stream for their friends and family; many which have no experience other than working for CHC since school. They rather plea stupidity than admit that they cheated their church goers.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Being stupid is not being dishonest.... that 's the defendants' argument.

Sounds familiar ... " you can call me stupid, or that my policy is stupid shit, I am ok, but if you call me a cheat and a dishonest man, I'll sue you. "

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Sun Ho could have been the next Whitney Houston if not for jealous sinkies and christians, who were trying non-stop to tear her down because they were jealous.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
These people knew that theirs is a lost cause. The reason for their appeal is to ensure that the show goes on. If they do not appeal, then the next step would be for the commissioner of charity to revoke CHC and it will be the end of the church and the money stream for their friends and family; many which have no experience other than working for CHC since school. They rather plea stupidity than admit that they cheated their church goers.

I don't know if they lose the status.if you lose this status, I think CHC can go on.

gongkia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sun Ho will be boss Sam's sun of the heart when Kong Hee is in jail. And Rony Tan's lighthouse will raise to overtake CHC. That means more gong kia and gong chye become volunteers helping Rony Tan to run his scams. And some will be deployed to distribute flyers outside parliament house. :biggrin:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
gongkia said:
Sun Ho will be boss Sam's sun of the heart when Kong Hee is in jail. And Rony Tan's lighthouse will raise to overtake CHC. That means more gong kia and gong chye become volunteers helping Rony Tan to run his scams. And some will be deployed to distribute flyers outside parliament house.

It's my pleasure to serve in pastor Rony Tan's ministry and help win more lost souls. The fewer non-Christians there are, the more peaceful and wealthy society will be. Look at the Middle East. It's in a total mess and a shit hole because there are so few Christians.