• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious 70% of NTU Graduates Secure Good Jobs Before Graduation! Thank You PAP!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
SINGAPORE: Seven in 10 students from Nanyang Technological University's (NTU) graduating class of 2016 have secured jobs before graduation, according to a preliminary survey of more than 5,000 graduates conducted by the university in June.

The projected numbers are on par with those who graduated last year and higher than the cohort the year before, where about two in three landed a job before graduation.

One engineering graduate from the 2016 cohort, Mr A Saravanan received five job offers and currently works as a software engineering analyst at Accenture.

He said: "NTU has equipped me with a broad-based education, which has enabled me to approach projects with wider and better understanding. Another valuable experience was my internship at the US Air Force Academy, where I worked alongside cadets from the United States, France and Canada on programming tasks."

NTU also stated in a media release on Monday (Jul 25) that many of its students benefited from internships. Around 11 percent of those surveyed have been employed by their internship companies, and almost 18 per cent received job offers from where they interned.

More than 9,100 students will receive their Bachelor's and higher degrees across 18 convocation ceremonies from Monday till next Tuesday (Aug 2).

The first ceremony saw the pioneer batch of graduates from three programmes - the Renaissance Engineering Programme (REP), the University Scholars Programme (USP) and the History Programme - receive their degrees. Dr Wee Cho Yaw, UOB Chairman Emeritus presided over the ceremony. Acting Minister for Education (Higher Education and Skills) Ong Ye Kung was also present.

The ceremony also saw NTU confer the Honorary Degree of Doctor of Engineering on Professor Sir David Payne from University of Southampton, in recognition for his significant contributions to the field of telecommunications.

Renowned Singaporean master potter and ceramicist Iskandar Jalil was also conferred the Honorary Degree of Doctor of Letters for his accomplishments in pottery and his service in education.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/7-in-10-ntu-graduates/2984872.html?cid=fbcna