• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat 1h queue at Tai Hwa bakchormee after getting AMDK Michelin tyre

schizo

Alfrescian
Loyal
chin ho chiak meh??

http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/i-wont-raise-prices-says-tai-hwa-pork-noodles-owner

tai_hwa_slack_for_ios_upload.jpg

Hill Street Tai Hwa Pork Noodles received one Michelin star at the ceremony on Thursday (July 21)

SINGAPORE — Fresh after receiving one Michelin star, Mr Tang Chay Seng, 70, who currently runs Hill Street Tai Hwa Pork Noodles, said that he wasn’t thinking of opening another outlet or starting a franchise.

Hill Street Tai Hwa Pork Noodles was one of 22 restaurants that received a Michelin Star at the awards ceremony and gala dinner held at Resorts World Sentosa on Thursday (July 21).

RELATEDNEWS
LIFESTYLE
Starry, starry night: Singapore restaurants earn their Michelin stars
JULY 21
LIFESTYLE
Live updates: Unveiling Singapore's first Michelin Star restaurants
JULY 21
“Manpower is hard to get,” he quipped, adding that he didn’t want to dilute standards.

“And no, I don’t think I will be raising prices," he added.

Mr Tang added that he felt “very lucky” and to receive one Michelin star, and that he “very surprised” by the inclusion and that he would share this recognition with his family and friends. "I am happy to be put with all the expensive and French restaurants ... But we are not the same at all, (you) can't compare."

While the inclusion of Tai Hwa on the Michelin star list might have raised some eyebrows, the eating house isn’t short on fans. Makansutra called it the “most talked about bak chor mee”, and many are more than happy to queue 30 to 60 minutes for a bowl of the minced pork noodles.

Although it’s now located at Crawford Lane, its name reveals its past. It was originally located at Hill Street in 1932, and moved to Marine Square in 1986 before settling at its current location at Crawford Lane in 2005.

Dr Leslie Tay, who runs popular food blog ieatishootipost and is the author of Only The Best, a guide to hawker food in Singapore, called this accolade "another milestone" for hawkers in Singapore. "This means our bak chor mee is the same standard as all the (offerings from) the one Michelin star restaurants in the world," he said. "This is a worldwide recognition for hawkers."

But while Mr Tang might want to celebrate this achievement, there is no resting on his laurels. He said it's business as usual at the coffee shop on Friday. "But I won't be there ... because I have a few errands to run," he added.

mail
print

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
His bachormee must wait long because the Fucker is damn slow. Many helpers but all waiting around for the idiot to finish cooking 1 bowl of noodles. He's just inefficient.

You compare with another hill street hawker....the now in bedok south char kway teow. The boss got helpers to pre fry the kwayteow then to him then to the one who collect money.....it's an efficient chain conveyor belt pattern that maximize productivity.....even if you have to queue you know the stall is doing its utmost to get that plate of char kwayteow to you.....
But this tai Hwa seemed like a sadist who enjoys showing off his queue or just likes to see hungry people wait.
Many other famous hawkers also have huge crowds but they want to clear the crowds because it means more income too but this tai Hwa dumbfuck is not attention to detail. He's just slow and dunno how to delegate duties....I mean putting on final garnish etc can be left to helpers to save time

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I like the Bak Chor Mee at Eunos.
The coffee shop at the far end with the bread stall.
Chilies are those SzeChuan chilli, shiok!

schizo

Alfrescian
Loyal
His bachormee must wait long because the Fucker is damn slow. Many helpers but all waiting around for the idiot to finish cooking 1 bowl of noodles. He's just inefficient.

You compare with another hill street hawker....the now in bedok south char kway teow. The boss got helpers to pre fry the kwayteow then to him then to the one who collect money.....it's an efficient chain conveyor belt pattern that maximize productivity.....even if you have to queue you know the stall is doing its utmost to get that plate of char kwayteow to you.....
But this tai Hwa seemed like a sadist who enjoys showing off his queue or just likes to see hungry people wait.
Many other famous hawkers also have huge crowds but they want to clear the crowds because it means more income too but this tai Hwa dumbfuck is not attention to detail. He's just slow and dunno how to delegate duties....I mean putting on final garnish etc can be left to helpers to save time

purposely one lah, let the queue long long then ppl think chin ho chiak all join in and queue. the neighbour stalls see liao sure chin tulan, spoil market for them

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
purposely one lah, let the queue long long then ppl think chin ho chiak all join in and queue. the neighbour stalls see liao sure chin tulan, spoil market for them

Yes only coffeeshop owner happy.
Other stall holders tulan the crowds obstruct their business.
No wonder he said won't open branches, the owner is clueless on how to grow a business....his level until here only.....one man show type.
He should learn from other smarter successful hawkers.....then he can easily double the bowls he's selling now.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
fuck bro,that bakchormee got one Michelin star.must be some good shit,its very rare peasants get to taste one michelin star with their peasant food,im going there tonight to queue for bak chor mee and ordering 5 bowls.the serving size looks like its for one michelin star restaurants,more for ambience and wine and conversation.

schizo

Alfrescian
Loyal
fuck bro,that bakchormee got one Michelin star.must be some good shit,its very rare peasants get to taste one michelin star with their peasant food,im going there tonight to queue for bak chor mee and ordering 5 bowls.the serving size looks like its for one michelin star restaurants,more for ambience and wine and conversation.

food-drink-eats-eat_out-eating_out-couples-chefs-03430561_low.jpg

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes only coffeeshop owner happy.
Other stall holders tulan the crowds obstruct their business.
No wonder he said won't open branches, the owner is clueless on how to grow a business....his level until here only.....one man show type.
He should learn from other smarter successful hawkers.....then he can easily double the bowls he's selling now.

how exactly do u grow a bakchormee franchise?chefs should remain true to their art,one michelin star restarurants or hawkers should remain one michelin star restaurant/hawker.franchise restaurants or chains are shit,their menu usually consist of items that are easy to duplicate and can be prepared by imbeciles.like toast box or old chang kee or old town white coffee nanyang.he can expand into a bakchormee restaurant with air cond but im not exactly sure what dishes goes with bakchormee.bakchormee with truffles?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
how exactly do u grow a bakchormee franchise?chefs should remain true to their art,one michelin star restarurants or hawkers should remain one michelin star restaurant/hawker.franchise restaurants or chains are shit,their menu usually consist of items that are easy to duplicate and can be prepared by imbeciles.like toast box or old chang kee or old town white coffee nanyang.he can expand into a bakchormee restaurant with air cond but im not exactly sure what dishes goes with bakchormee.bakchormee with truffles?

If you had queued for his noodles you'll understand what I'm talking about.
Ok granted he is an old uncle so he's god damn slow and it's got nothing to do with his recipe or being true to his art. The old man practically does everything himself even though he's got a dozen helpers standing around. I understand if he's hands on in the cooking to ensure quality and consistency.....but even non essential steps like final sprinkling of toppings and scooping soup is done by him. It's just plain unproductive especially if you've go a long queue.
Like bro mentioned in part he created the queue.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this one another overrated crap, overprice and undervalue

IMG_6389.jpg

This is another shameless fake ripoff.
The original is the 132 stall who happens to be bro in law of this 321 fake.
I've followed 132 since the 90s when they were at the hdb flat coffeeshop at lengkok tiga near malek awab's landed property. Sunday's his place would be Jam packed. Current location in marine parade

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
their main ingredient bakchor has mostly fat in it since it's made from low quality ground pork. i'll pass.