• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat California Fitness Con Indon MILF $4000 ...

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
tnp.sg
Members enraged by California Fitness' sudden closure
By NOOR ASHIKIN ABDUL RAHMAN,Pasakorn Konwohrachet

California Fitness shuts remaining outlets. Woman hit by double blow after buying $4,000 package says:

She parted with over $4,000 when she signed up for a gym membership with California Fitness on Jan 21.

Her hopes to frequent its Ngee Ann City branch to get in shape were dashed when the outlet shut just weeks later in February.

Ms Ervina Sugiarti, a permanent resident, claimed a clause in the contract prevented her from seeking a refund if there was another branch 10km away.

The 39-year-old, who is married with two daughters, said that as there were other branches in Bugis, Novena and Raffles Place back then, the fitness chain refused to refund her.

Instead, it let her change to the Novena Square branch. However, she did not continue to use her package as the location was not convenient.

The second blow came when she learnt that the chain's last two branches at Novena and Bugis had shut yesterday.

Ms Ervina could not recall the duration of her membership but said she had utilised only a handful of gym and personal training sessions before the outlet closed.

The beauty therapist, who earns $2,700 a month, told The New Paper in a telephone interview: "To me, the money is a big amount. I am not confident I can get it back. I feel it is unethical.

"No more memberships any more, least of all a gym membership. This incident has scared me off things like that."

TNP PHOTO: NOOR ASHIKIN ABDUL RAHMAN

LACKED FINANCES

In a media statement sent out at 12.03am yesterday by provisional liquidators from financial advisory company Ferrier Hodgson, it was revealed that JV Fitness - which owned and operated California Fitness outlets in Novena, Bugis and Raffles Place - lacked finances to keep them running.

The statement read: "JV Fitness does not have adequate liquid resources to continue its operations and therefore all outlets in Singapore will be closed from today until further notice."

The news came after the sudden closure of its Raffles Place branch last Saturday and all 12 Hong Kong branches earlier that week.

Members took to social media, including the chain's Facebook page, to express their anger and disbelief.

A Facebook page called "California gym claims" was set up with enraged members discussing their legal options in the wake of the closure. To date, it has over 900 members.

A Change.org petition, calling for the Ministry of Trade and Industry's assistance in getting refunds for members, was set up after the Orchard branch closed in February and now has more than 2,100 signees.

Mr Jeremy Au Yong, a private tutor, launched the petition in February to protest against California Fitness' "business practices" and express his worry about the chain's future.

The 40-year-old, who signed up for a four-year membership that cost him over $2,000 two years ago, said: "When its Orchard branch closed, I felt it was a sinking ship, a Titanic that has hit the iceberg. Now it is just deja vu and bad PR in the mix. It all boils down to lack of accountability and transparency."

Mr Au Yong, a member since 2010, blamed its "unsustainable business model".

"Based on my observations, there aren't many new sign-ups... always the same old faces. We are frequent customers who turn up pretty often, and you can't make us pay any more for extra classes and services. We are like cows that can't be milked any further."

$1,700 PACKAGE

Another member, who moved here from the US four months ago, signed up for a two-year package that cost him $1,700 in April.

He last went for a gym session at the Novena branch on Tuesdayand said all seemed fine.

He said that the staff had been "pushing for sales" from the start.

He said: "I am disappointed, and I want to know what my options are.

"We learnt of it only when our personal trainer contacted us at 3am. They should have told us of the situation up-front and kept us in the loop on their next move. Now there is no way to contact them."

When approached, other gym owners cited competition as a possible reason for the closure.

Mr Jim Lim, 48, director of Momentum Lab, said: "In Singapore, it is a small market. There are so many other fitness studios (that have specialities) like CrossFit, yoga and pilates.

"The industry has become smaller with more players in the market."

Ms Elinn S. Ahmad, 34, owner of E's Fitness, also pointed out that a downward-spiralling reputation due to the lack of upgraded equipment could be a reason.

"California Fitness is an old gym. Nowadays, people want new machines, new staff, new facilities," she said.

trump

Alfrescian
Loyal
this lau cougar must have joined thinking she can hook up with those young hard bods without knowing most of them are ass bandits

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very polite way of putting it.......ass bandit....:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

The fact she stopped using the gym facilities giving reason that Orchard closed down and it is not convenient for her to go to Novena Sq. Singapore is freaking small easy to navigate city compared to where she comes from @Roll eyes@. Novena Square is just two MRT stops away from Orchard.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Wah lau, beauty therapist earning only $2700 a month can afford to give $4000 to a fitness centre? What other services she providing? Hair cut ah? This kind of so call talent, single mother with 2 kids earning only $2700 a month is so talented that PAP can give her PR meh? Sinkie passport and PR really like tissue paper, just anyhow can get one.

Rosehisapnaj

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah lau, beauty therapist earning only $2700 a month can afford to give $4000 to a fitness centre? What other services she providing? Hair cut ah? This kind of so call talent, single mother with 2 kids earning only $2700 a month is so talented that PAP can give her PR meh? Sinkie passport and PR really like tissue paper, just anyhow can get one.

Obvious isnt it? $2700 per month beauty therpaist but $27000 in the same month as butoh therapist.

schizo

Alfrescian
Loyal

maybe she giving tantric sensual javanese massage with kotek and konek package

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
California Fitness has bad reputation since it was founded n these clowns Sign up? Talk abt gluttons for punishment

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
The amount they pay for membership, can buy weights and bench and go jogging at east coast park by the sea.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
What's wrong with using the gyms at the local community centre? My grassroots leaders and I sometimes do that. We have been encouraging our residents for ages to do so.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Question : why do people need to sign up expensive fitness package and travel to be fit when all this can be done at home at your convenience at a lower cost gym euipment investment ?

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What's wrong with using the gyms at the local community centre? My grassroots leaders and I sometimes do that. We have been encouraging our residents for ages to do so.

I'm with u on this. I do it either at home or using Activesg credits for gym. My body look more like 20s I swear .

schizo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Question : why do people need to sign up expensive fitness package and travel to be fit when all this can be done at home at your convenience at a lower cost gym euipment investment ?

its not a gym, its a gay sex club. membership has its priviledge, all you can eat cocks and cum buffet in the shower

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
How do u explain indon milf case if is for gay ?

California Fitness is a gangster run gym that only focus on sales instead of service. They shut eyes on gays treating the place as a sex den. This MILF probably was sold that they gym is the place with eye candies, not knowing most of them are gays. The gym don't really care as long as sales in clock. They don't really care if the members are really coming in for fitness or health reason.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
California Fitness is a gangster run gym that only focus on sales instead of service. They shut eyes on gays treating the place as a sex den. This MILF probably was sold that they gym is the place with eye candies, not knowing most of them are gays. The gym don't really care as long as sales in clock. They don't really care if the members are really coming in for fitness or health reason.

Is it only california like this or most atas gym ?
All along I has no idea why sinkie sign up with pte gym when all sinkie have Activesg credits .

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Question : all this can be done at home at your convenience at a lower cost gym euipment investment ?
Gym equipment at home always look like this

treadmillhanger.jpg

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

She got two children,thats the key,thats what PAP is looking for.as long as u show u can breed like a sow,u are more useful and talented than any sinkie,u are more patriotic and nationalistic than any sinkie cock or cunt.sinkie os a loser pathetic daft and stupid race that cannot even self sustain itself.dunno how to fuck and multiply.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Workout at home. I do my squats, deadlifts, ohp, bench presses all at home along with dips, weighted pull ups, treadmill running with more than 100kg of weight plates easily do more than 2x bw deadlift