• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Where to buy bay lay ko and ting ting tak

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Where to find old man selling
1. Bay lay ko . Sticky brown colored sweet rolled in a ice cream stick. Last time always can buy when got getai

2. Sweet flour like hard yellow brownish cube form with white flour spread on it
Old man used something to cut it and sound produced ting ting tark.

Last edited:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
from china or plaza sing,i saw some ding ding candy at the basement.

i remember theres something called dragon's hair candy that i bought in malaysia,thats more interesting.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
from china or plaza sing,i saw some ding ding candy at the basement.

i remember theres something called dragon's hair candy that i bought in malaysia,thats more interesting.

Plaza sing ding ding candy doesn't sounds like the traditional le

Alamakinky

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ya i know those....long time never see already.

Where to find old man selling
1. Bay lay ko . Sticky brown colored sweet rolled in a ice cream stick. Last time always can buy when got getai

2. Sweet flour like hard yellow brownish cube form with white flour spread on it
Old man used something to cut it and sound produced ting ting tark.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What u talking ? Candy become fuck ???

are you referring to this legacy sinkie candy served from bicycles? 叮叮糖?

if yes, it is not shitty brown but angmo white. it is chewy and requires hammer and chisel to cut it.

image.jpg

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
as for bay lay koh i used to think that was honey but it was sticky molasses rolled into a gluey mess, much like someone buay tahan suay suay kena got laid and started to sei koh (std rash and pus) all over the body. that's why boleh ko. :p

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
are you referring to this legacy sinkie candy served from bicycles? 叮叮糖?

if yes, it is not shitty brown but angmo white. it is chewy and requires hammer and chisel to cut it.

View attachment 27570

Seem like u got the right one. I remember is yellowish color and has white powder on it. Yes old man use chisel to cut it. Any idea where still sell ?

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
as for bay lay koh i used to think that was honey but it was sticky molasses rolled into a gluey mess, much like someone buay tahan suay suay kena got laid and started to sei koh (std rash and pus) all over the body. that's why boleh ko. :p

Is not boleh la. Is bay lay ko

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Seem like u got the right one. I remember is yellowish color and has white powder on it. Yes old man use chisel to cut it. Any idea where still sell ?

yellowish meant either old man peed on it or his hands were dirty while massaging and rolling it. he used white flour to mask the unsightly color.

they sell that in jars at lollytalk. it's actually gula-tarik in malay. yellow brownish because the base material is made with gula melaka or gula java, same molasses used for chendol. you see i'm not only fecal matter expert i know candy and snacks on my dirty finger tips.

image.jpg

Last edited:

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yellowish meant either old man peed on it or his hands were dirty while massaging and rolling it. he used white flour to mask the unsightly color.

Eh ..maybe it was dirty. I know the ting ting sound came from the double tap chisel. The tark sound no idea where it came from.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wait till you get candy from hammer and axe. it's called wham wham whack and will easily break teeth.

View attachment 27572

Seems like old man didn't pass down his legacy.
If only anyone knows how to make the bay lay ko and ting ting tark now, he should be the king of candy .
Modern candies all can close shops.

Now I got the idea since the candy is call ding ding tang..the double tap chisel was to display the name of the candy. The tark sound was of no cutting function. .just a extra sound effect for dang made by him :biggrin:

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

Not honey. Its malt wheat. The same thing for making beer. Bay lay = barley. Ko = cake.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Seems like old man didn't pass down his legacy.
If only anyone knows how to make the bay lay ko and ting ting tark now, he should be the king of candy .
Modern candies all can close shops.

Now I got the idea since the candy is call ding ding tang..the double tap chisel was to display the name of the candy. The tark sound was of no cutting function. .just a extra sound effect for dang made by him :biggrin:

at that time they're all ghetto cheap candies made from sub-standard stuff. they won't sell to the larger global market. only some sinkies pine for them. biz cannot survive on nostalgia.