• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Leon Perera responds to Tan Chuan Jin post

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder who has the temperament and maturity of a leader.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=641753855982794&id=515366291954885Leon Perera
4 hrs ·
I was surprised to read Minister Tan Chuan-Jin's reply to Mr Png Eng Huat's post on queueing at the JB checkpoint, which stated that the post was "aimed at stirring hate and anger." Mr Png's post was a reflection on his experience of seeing some grassroots leaders and residents receiving expedited clearance. It was not inflammatory. Tomorrow is Singapore's Racial Harmony Day. We celebrate it at a time when some prominent voices around the world are calling for hatred and anger against those who are not like them. Surely we should apply such strong labels as "stirring hate and anger" only to those few dangerous individuals who are really seeking to do that.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Bro,
Any idea why KeeChiu haven't started his diatribe on this incident?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thats a good question Bro. I forgot that he is the Party whip and is supposed to handle these sort of things. I suspect it has to do with Tan CJ who prefers to handle such things themselves. There is also the rivalry between the 2 though Chan was his boss in the Army. Not sure if you know this but CJ is the rising star within the PAP cadres which means he has solid grassroots members support. For the CEC thought he was not in the "prepared" slate for voting he got the highest votes outside the slates. Vote numbers re never revealed for the 'prepared slate" so no one is sure if he got more than the main team. Tan Cheng Bock was also the darling of the party members. He is the only one who has defied the whip when voting.

To cut a long story short, CJ is more popular than Chan and is a therefore a threat.

Bro,
Any idea why KeeChiu haven't started his diatribe on this incident?

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder who has the temperament and maturity of a leader.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=641753855982794&id=515366291954885Leon Perera
4 hrs ·
I was surprised to read Minister Tan Chuan-Jin's reply to Mr Png Eng Huat's post on queueing at the JB checkpoint, which stated that the post was "aimed at stirring hate and anger." Mr Png's post was a reflection on his experience of seeing some grassroots leaders and residents receiving expedited clearance. It was not inflammatory. Tomorrow is Singapore's Racial Harmony Day. We celebrate it at a time when some prominent voices around the world are calling for hatred and anger against those who are not like them. Surely we should apply such strong labels as "stirring hate and anger" only to those few dangerous individuals who are really seeking to do that.

.......... coming from a ministerial papig makes it more scary - abuse of power & insisting it was right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cuntry gone to the rats and papigs

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Thats a good question Bro. I forgot that he is the Party whip and is supposed to handle these sort of things. I suspect it has to do with Tan CJ who prefers to handle such things themselves. There is also the rivalry between the 2 though Chan was his boss in the Army. Not sure if you know this but CJ is the rising star within the PAP cadres which means he has solid grassroots members support. For the CEC thought he was not in the "prepared" slate for voting he got the highest votes outside the slates. Vote numbers re never revealed for the 'prepared slate" so no one is sure if he got more than the main team. Tan Cheng Bock was also the darling of the party members. He is the only one who has defied the whip when voting.

To cut a long story short, CJ is more popular than Chan and is a therefore a threat.

Bullshit lah. Ah tan's position is untenable. he clearly violated ICA security protocols by getting them to let his entourage thru. No one wants to come out and defend him and end up getting tarnished by the same brush. the PAP read the social media too, so ther know the mood on his little durian trip.