• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Guess the Race - CEO Successor Resigned after Splurging Money to Indian Startups

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Arora Exits SoftBank: Pay Attention to the Deals, Not the Dealmaker
Jacky Wong
Updated June 22, 2016 9:48 a.m. ET

SoftBank 9984 -1.43 % is on a massive asset-shedding spree, including its future chief executive. A leaner, meaner company should result.

Nikesh Arora, former Googler and heir apparent of the Japanese internet and telecommunications giant,
shocked investors Tuesday by saying he would step down from his role as president and chief operating officer. The official reason is that SoftBank founder, Masayoshi Son, isn’t quite ready to relinquish the reins.

That probably isn’t the entire story. The departure comes at the conclusion of an internal investigation into Mr. Arora’s conduct on deals in which SoftBank made investments alongside a private-equity firm with which Mr. Arora maintained an affiliation. SoftBank’s board cleared him of misconduct. But his simultaneous departure highlights the frictions his management style may have caused.

From a company strategy perspective, his sudden departure perhaps isn’t so sudden. SoftBank seems to have taken a different tack recently, shedding assets with the aim of reducing its debt load.

That same day, SoftBank officially announced the sale of its majority stake in Finnish game maker Supercell to China’s Tencent, valuing the company at $10.2 billion, creating a handsome profit. SoftBank reportedly raised its stake to 73% last year in the maker of “Clash of Clans” at a valuation of $5.25 billion. The Japanese firm said earlier it would sell around $10 billion of its shares in Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba Group. BABA 1.91 % It will also get rid of most of its stake in Japanese game maker GungHo Online Entertainment. 3765 0.72 %

These disposals hint that SoftBank is turning away from the investment spree spurred by Mr. Arora in the past two years. Instead, the nearly $20 billion raised from asset sales could be put to fix the balance sheet of debt-laden Sprint S 1.12 % . The U.S. telecom firm jumped nearly 8% Tuesday.

SoftBank’s own share price has fallen 24% since Mr. Arora joined from Google in 2014. The struggling Sprint, an acquisition made before Mr. Arora arrived, was the main drag, but his investments into startups received heavy criticism from investors. SoftBank has already invested $2 billion in India, Mr. Arora’s home country, with plans to put in more than $10 billion over the next decade. It was one of those deals, in Indian real-estate portal Housing.com, for example, that a group of SoftBank and Sprint investors accused the company in a letter of engaging in “an imprudent investment without adequate diligence,” something the firm disputed.

Mr. Arora’s departure seems secondary to the bigger things happening at SoftBank. The company’s shares rose Wednesday, probably on the Supercell sale, which generated $1 billion more than expected. The more the company disposes, the more love it wins back from investors.

Last edited:

Victory2016

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whole battalions of Indian troops fled the battlefield when they faced the Japanese in Malaya and Singapore during WW2.

After the British surrendered, many thousands joined the pro Jap INA.

Even the Sikh police contingent raped the white women and became cruel prison guards for the Japs

Those who can't remember history will soon repeat their mistakes

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal
those who have dealt with the darker skin knows jolly well the above post is the whole truth. rule of thumb, do pass down the Factual story of "Oneself with fully loaded pistol locked in room with King Cobra and Indian,just offload all rounds on the indian."

crazyMod

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you see the amount of poverty in India, you would have understood the purpose and reason to invest in India.

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I spent the past month touring and encountering indian tourists on a regular basis. The fair skinned kind. I've never met a more self-centred, arrogant, deluded, scheming species all my life. Whatever criticism of them is justified.

As you were, gents.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone know wat happened to the shitskin tat was supplying IT services to the NFK during TTD, did NFK recovered all the payment for unfinished/undone jobs?

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I spent the past month touring and encountering indian tourists on a regular basis. The fair skinned kind. I've never met a more self-centred, arrogant, deluded, scheming species all my life. Whatever criticism of them is justified.

As you were, gents.
You mean brahmins.

scroobye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whole battalions of Indian troops fled the battlefield when they faced the Japanese in Malaya and Singapore during WW2.

After the British surrendered, many thousands joined the pro Jap INA.

Even the Sikh police contingent raped the white women and became cruel prison guards for the Japs

Those who can't remember history will soon repeat their mistakes

Unfortunately a lot of Chinese usually Chinese dogs and others like that jap has a romantic view of shit skins and will willingly hang out with shit skins but when they get betrayed expect their own race to help them.

scroobye

Alfrescian
Loyal

As you were, gents.

Shit skins are like this genetically lots of non shit skins know them at their own peril and end up getting conned.