• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat GVGT - police called in after passenger gives cabby $1 tip

schizo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Police called in after passenger gives cabby $1 tip -- then tells him to 'step out and show respect'

http://www.stomp.com.sg/singapore-s...gives-cabby-1-tip-then-tells-him-step-out-and

Stomper Cabby was left with no choice but to call the police after a dispute with a passenger yesterday (June 28).

He had picked up the man at the airport and dropped him off at the LKY School of Public Policy in Bukit Timah.

According to the Stomper, the total fare amounted to $21 and the passenger gave him $100.

When the cabby wanted to give the passenger his change of $79, the latter only took $78 and left the remaining $1 as a tip.

However, things took a strange turn after that,

Said the Stomper in a phone interview:

"I don't know what happened but the passenger suddenly asked me to step out and show some respect.

"He said that he is a professor and has been in Singapore for eight years, and that this was a worldwide practice.

"I said I would return him his $1, and he said he would take it back but still insisted that I step out.

"He refused to exit my taxi and even called my company to complain."

The Stomper said he was 'getting a headache' at this point, as he wanted to continue driving but was being delayed.

Hence, he called the Police and they arrived 20 minutes later.

A video contributed by the Stomper shows the passenger repeatedly asking him to 'step out'.

http://players.brightcove.net/4802324446001/default_default/index.html?videoId=5005866798001'

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yes, professor deserve the honour after years of mugging thru books, he should not sympathise with cabby driver by rewarding him with $1. and prof. has every right to ask cabby to step out of his cab and show respect. 3 cheers for the prof. hip hip hurray!

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes, professor deserve the honour after years of mugging thru books, he should not sympathise with cabby driver by rewarding him with $1. and prof. has every right to ask cabby to step out of his cab and show respect. 3 cheers for the prof. hip hip hurray!

Next u get Ah Neh Professor giving 10/ sgd tip and ask u go on ur knees, how?

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
step out to do what?? show respect to a chao ang mor for a dollar??

Respect to this sinkie cabby for being firm.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Why didn't the sinkie cabbie step out of the cab to help his passenger and after that, bow to thank the passenger for his business?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why didn't the sinkie cabbie step out of the cab to help his passenger and after that, bow to thank the passenger for his business?

What help? The Ah Tiong wasn't asking for help. He was demanding the cab driver to get out to kowtow to him. This Ah Tiong thinks so highly of himself.

We should stone him.