• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious SG51 SIA.EX 222 pax mass escaped @ Changi Air port from BURT SQ368! HUAT!

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
If only mr n mrs lee is on plane in business class.
Then they know something needs to corrected
Before its too late.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes indeed, I guess too many things can go wrong that have not been foreseen by the manufacturers. They need reports from the operators of their planes to do reviews and come up with procedural and manufacturing changes. Usually these are minor stuff affecting comfort, economy and efficiency but every now and then new issues crop up which affect safety and as a result, urgent directives are disseminated to the end users.
This event may cause certain engineering and operational procedures to be reviewed and changed. The industry learns all the time.
Thank you very much for sharing your expertise. I have learnt alot from you.

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
First they need to chase out n clear 1 million of
Foreign vermins. pinoy vermins muddog tiong kok lang
N ah neh shit skins
To save our home.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lee Hsien Loong just ordered his brother Hsien Yang CAAS to investigate.
Singaporeans are always very safe in the hand of Lee family

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just a number of tech questions :

1. How long does it take to throw fuel before landing?

2. What is the nearest airport at time of detection? ( klia?)

3. Is it sop to fly back to departure airport even if there is a nearer airport?

It is known fact that the tyres generates sparks like firework on landing and has great potential to ignite any leaking fuel. So do we think it is safer to fight the fire in changi rather than elsewhere because the captain has full confidence that the fuel will not catch fire during the 2 h flight back?

My initial thought was why not land in Penang/Medan or Hatyai to save 1.5 hours flying time when plane may catch fire in the air.

2nd- who are the people servicing the engines-precious foreign talents with qualifications from prestigious institutions like South Pacific University?

3rd-LHL said SIA and the CAAS are investigating the cause and will get to the bottom of the matter.-does it mean under PAP's "Don’t want a ‘blame culture " no names will be mentioned, nobody will be charged and the public will never know who is negligent.

No doubt the 70% will accept and say let's move on.

Last edited:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Singapore is a country blessed by God. We were led by a very competent PAP for 60 years while other promising countries ended up broke because they were led by morons. We never once suffered a serious natural calamity while our neighbours suffered from floods, droughts, earthquakes. No military conflict either. We are God's chosen country. No surprise that we once again escaped calamity.

sadshishamo

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Very interesting views. Especially the one on how the fire can spread down the wing if it is an engine oil leak. I saw the video on the respond by the fire fighters. The passengers are really very lucky.

Airplane turned back due to the oil problem but it seems there was some kind of fuel leak later on. Latest on the ground was that there was fluid and some fire on the ground so thats why the evacuation was not carried out immediately until all the fires were put out and the whole area foamed. Thats all I know for now. Some news trickling in every now and then.

jumpmrt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Airplane turned back due to the oil problem but it seems there was some kind of fuel leak later on. Latest on the ground was that there was fluid and some fire on the ground so thats why the evacuation was not carried out immediately until all the fires were put out and the whole area foamed. Thats all I know for now. Some news trickling in every now and then.

Boeing 777 same as MH-370.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Thanks for the update. I remembered the Korean airline incident where there were claims that a few of the escaped passengers were rolled over and killed by the fire engine. Therefore, immediate evacuation without coordination with the fire fighters has its own risk. On hindsight, they could have open the emergency on the other side.

I was more disappointed that a couple of fire engines were already in place when the plane had stopped. However, they took quite sometime to activate the foam. At first the fire was small and confined to the engine of the plane but it quickly spread across the wing. Thick smoke starts to bellow, covering the rear section of the plane. That was the most scary view. I thought it was going to explode. Only after that was the foam activated and immediately the flame was under control. For that minute or so, I thought it was gone case. Well maybe that is the fastest response possible as there are other considerations that I do not know. Anyway, SQ sure is lucky this time.

sadshishamo

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It really is all very dynamic. Emergency evacuations have their own peculiar hazards and to evacuate when stuff on the ground is burning and also with fire in the wing area makes things more complicated and unsafe. Staying in the plane under those circumstances is also very scary because you never know how quickly the flames can travel. It is difficult for everyone, trying to assess the ever changing situation and communicating with one another.
It is events like these that ultimately are used to learn and improve processes by analysing them and then doing case studies.

Thanks for the update. I remembered the Korean airline incident where there were claims that a few of the escaped passengers were rolled over and killed by the fire engine. Therefore, immediate evacuation without coordination with the fire fighters has its own risk. On hindsight, they could have open the emergency on the other side.

I was more disappointed that a couple of fire engines were already in place when the plane had stopped. However, they took quite sometime to activate the foam. At first the fire was small and confined to the engine of the plane but it quickly spread across the wing. Thick smoke starts to bellow, covering the rear section of the plane. That was the most scary view. I thought it was going to explode. Only after that was the foam activated and immediately the flame was under control. For that minute or so, I thought it was gone case. Well maybe that is the fastest response possible as there are other considerations that I do not know. Anyway, SQ sure is lucky this time.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My initial thought was why not land in Penang/Medan or Hatyai to save 1.5 hours flying time when plane may catch fire in the air.

2nd- who are the people servicing the engines-precious foreign talents with qualifications from prestigious institutions like South Pacific University?

3rd-LHL said SIA and the CAAS are investigating the cause and will get to the bottom of the matter.-does it mean under PAP's "Don’t want a ‘blame culture " no names will be mentioned, nobody will be charged and the public will never know who is negligent.

I am surprised that a problem with a plane in the air would be taken so lightly that they didn't land at the nearest airport but instead took the time to return to Spore 1st :eek:

It may have been a financial decision because SIA is based in Spore & it would be cheaper to handle problems locally :rolleyes: This confirms my decision of NOT flying with SIA. I don't want to place my life in the hands of some bean counters.

SIA has been making the news for the wrong reasons. Next time it could cost lives

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am surprised that a problem with a plane in the air would be taken so lightly that they didn't land at the nearest airport but instead took the time to return to Spore 1st :eek:

It may have been a financial decision because SIA is based in Spore & it would be cheaper to handle problems locally :rolleyes: This confirms my decision of NOT flying with SIA. I don't want to place my life in the hands of some bean counters.

SIA has been making the news for the wrong reasons. Next time it could cost lives

Yes very unsafe not to evacuate as fast as possible.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This no blame policy has become a great evil, a convenient excuse to protect their favourites. Put it crudely, the top no longer needs to be accountable for their action.