• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Thousands of London banking job cuts to start next week

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Maximuz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually really damned dulan. Like knn 1000 sterling can buy you a 1st class ticket on Charon's boat in the afterlife. Or if you don't believe in the afterlife, like machiam your corpse will feel better in a diamond-encrusted coffin. The Brexit IS the right thing for the Brits to do, and it is only the money-entrenched elites who are scrambling and clamouring for Remain -- (all other non-elite Remainers are just plain fucking stupid.) This piece of shit right here about financial job cuts (hooray in any fucking case) is no different from the threats of economic and political ostracisation i.e, no trade deals, hurry up and activate Article 50.

Knn sibeh dulan, if I were Nigel Farage I would say to the lol-'president' of the EU Fuckface Juncker, as a sovereign nation I will do our due political process IN OUR FUCKING SWEET TIME. And trust me, Farage has said worse things of him face-to-face in EU parliament. Oh and btw, to put things in context, this lol-Junker was formerly in charge of Luxembourg (a financial-laundering hub just like SG) with a grand total population of 570'000. Even Walmart employs 2.1 million people ffs. It is no different from appointing your chao lao beng CSM as the Grand-Generalissimo-Ultraman-Defender-of-Earth ffs.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think its an overreaction. London is the biggest financial centre and they people from all over the World and not just the EU. The bulk of them are from English speaking countries like the US and the Commonwealth countries. When you attend conferences, you will notice, the Americans, the Aussies, the Kiwis and even Singaporean and Malaysians working there. Lots of EU residents will have to apply like the americans to work there because it is big, they want to work in England because English is the language of commerce and legal contracts etc. It is also a vibrant city.

Sure there are no automatic right of entry in the past but it will draw the crowd.

Frankfurt will get some opportunity but I doubt it will even come close to London even after 5 years. Look at Singapore and HK, both are the big boys in the financial sector after London and NY.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually really damned dulan. Like knn 1000 sterling can buy you a 1st class ticket on Charon's boat in the afterlife. Or if you don't believe in the afterlife, like machiam your corpse will feel better in a diamond-encrusted coffin. The Brexit IS the right thing for the Brits to do, and it is only the money-entrenched elites who are scrambling and clamouring for Remain -- (all other non-elite Remainers are just plain fucking stupid.) This piece of shit right here about financial job cuts (hooray in any fucking case) is no different from the threats of economic and political ostracisation i.e, no trade deals, hurry up and activate Article 50.

Knn sibeh dulan, if I were Nigel Farage I would say to the lol-'president' of the EU Fuckface Juncker, as a sovereign nation I will do our due political process IN OUR FUCKING SWEET TIME. And trust me, Farage has said worse things of him face-to-face in EU parliament. Oh and btw, to put things in context, this lol-Junker was formerly in charge of Luxembourg (a financial-laundering hub just like SG) with a grand total population of 570'000. Even Walmart employs 2.1 million people ffs. It is no different from appointing your chao lao beng CSM as the Grand-Generalissimo-Ultraman-Defender-of-Earth ffs.

5 years of repenting for Brits has just started,u may not value ur afterlife or ur diamond encrusted coffin but sinkies sure value their lift upgrading programme and covered walkways and 3 generation park.lets see how long it takes for UK to turn into a slum.

walmart only employs 400k people between,they are the largest company in the world.

Maximuz

Alfrescian
Loyal
5 years of repenting for Brits has just started,u may not value ur afterlife or ur diamond encrusted coffin but sinkies sure value their lift upgrading programme and covered walkways and 3 generation park.lets see how long it takes for UK to turn into a slum.

walmart only employs 400k people between,they are the largest company in the world.

You got a point? You mean 5 years later the UK can rejoin the EU? Who also told you I don't value my afterlife? And what does '400k people between' means? (Even been to their website?) So gain, what's your point?

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
“You’re looking at 50,000 to 70,000 London finance jobs being moved overseas in the next 12 months,” says one consultant working with one of the top finance strategy firms in the City. “Jobs are going to be cut, and those cuts are going to start next week.”

http://news.efinancialcareers.com/sg-en/248265/london-banking-redundancies-brexit/

That is why i say how can London stick to EU while the while Britain is out of EU.

London wants to remain in the EU but it does not mean they can as they are part of Britain.

Maximuz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing will change. It is basically movement of tax sponges with any excuses.

Depends on the leadership really. A strong one will fight for quality of life. Weaker ones such as what we're accustomed to will eventually succumb to lobbying and corporate sponsorship, which are the suffocating blanket that stifles any real change back into the mould. As an aside, the irony is that Singapore can be considered almost free from such shackles and yet 70% of the prisoners themselves choose to cuff, chain, and hand back the keys to their jailers. Being a hardened cynic, I thought Brexit wouldn't happen (conspiracy: polls show >70% in favour of exit as opposed to the final result) but when it did I was fist-pumping all day...

Because it is a spit in the face of dark interests, because it's a step towards reclaiming not just a nation's sovereignty but the people's as well, and above all to me, it is a spit in the face of so-called 'financial markets', the value of which we can speak about all day but deep down in your hearts of hearts, you know it adds nothing to human race.

Last edited:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
.... “Jobs are going to be cut, and those cuts are going to start next week.”http://news.efinancialcareers.com/sg-en/248265/london-banking-redundancies-brexit/
what fucking bullshit is this? the dust of the referendum is not even settled, and big international banks have already decided to cut 50 to 70 thousand jobs? Who's going to do the hand over? Who're they handing over to?this is the kind of fear mongering news that cause sinkies to vote in the Pap election after election. Thank the gods it doesn't work on Britons and they got their country back

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what fucking bullshit is this? the dust of the referendum is not even settled, and big international banks have already decided to cut 50 to 70 thousand jobs? Who's going to do the hand over? Who're they handing over to?this is the kind of fear mongering news that cause sinkies to vote in the Pap election after election. Thank the gods it doesn't work on Britons and they got their country back

no wind, no news, you must understand the saying.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
no wind, no news, you must understand the saying.
I understand the whole world is now trying to punish the people of Britain for voting against an elitist and aloof governing body. The brits are smart people. In time the world will see more competitive Made in UK exports. They will close ties with Asia(btw what the fuck is wrong with the paragraphing function? why can't I begin my sentences in a new paragraph now?)

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I understand the whole world is now trying to punish the people of Britain for voting against an elitist and aloof governing body. The brits are smart people. In time the world will see more competitive Made in UK exports. They will close ties with Asia(btw what the fuck is wrong with the paragraphing function? why can't I begin my sentences in a new paragraph now?)

in 1992 when soros crashed the sterling, the following few years saw exceptional growth for UK. but this time is different. EU is disintegrating, China is slowing, japan is stagnant and USA is talking thru their arse. remember history is no vital statistics for future.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Will the banking jobs be given to Indian nationals, hongkies and sinkies? We are good at banking, we are.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think its an overreaction. London is the biggest financial centre and they people from all over the World and not just the EU. The bulk of them are from English speaking countries like the US and the Commonwealth countries. When you attend conferences, you will notice, the Americans, the Aussies, the Kiwis and even Singaporean and Malaysians working there. Lots of EU residents will have to apply like the americans to work there because it is big, they want to work in England because English is the language of commerce and legal contracts etc. It is also a vibrant city.

Sure there are no automatic right of entry in the past but it will draw the crowd.

Frankfurt will get some opportunity but I doubt it will even come close to London even after 5 years. Look at Singapore and HK, both are the big boys in the financial sector after London and NY.

Britain's decision to leave the EU will have as much impact on the EU as it does on Britain itself.
Before anyone does anything, Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty needs to be invoked. David Cameron (quite rightly) has said that he will not be the person responsible for 'pulling the trigger'. It will take a brave successor to initiate the start of divorce proceedings and this probably won't happen until the Party conferences in Sept/Oct.

Theoretically, the Government could do nothing and go against the will of the people but this is highly unlikely.

http://www.standard.co.uk/business/...ay-remain-even-if-we-vote-leave-a3272621.html

Expect a lot of uncertainty (market volatility) in the forthcoming weeks and months.

FYI, London FX currency market is the world's largest, bigger than the New York and Tokyo markets combined.