• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Ripped off by Katong 328 Laksa stall

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
And add on original laksa sungei road the one and only is at 27 jalan Berseh coffeeshop with the 4 faced Buddha.
The rest like the one opposite ah boy motor shop and what shit sungei road trishaw.....a few branches selling mee siam too are shameless fakes

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Laksa at $5.75 small and big at $7.75 per bowl ! I can have 2 bowls at Sungei Road yet save $1.75 . Katong 328 is far below standard of Sungei Roadtoo. Where are the rest of the laksa stalls next to 328 ? With no competition , Katong 328 becomes arrogant . I ordered tapas 1 laksa , a fat man at the counter , apparently boss asked if I want small or big . I said for 1 person and he said big is just nice . I saw their price list and immediately told him I want small , his reply was , I already keyed in your order which went straight to the kitchen via POS system . So cannot change , next thing I noticed , he went in to the kitchen to prepare the laksa and brought it out . To me he's a desperate fatty trying to sell at higher price by giving stupid reason that key in cannot change.

I will not recommend anyone there to eat laksa , if bro/sisters know where are the othe 2 laksa stalls that were once there , please inform . Thank you.

It's definitely over priced and over hyped. Standard have dropped, stopped eating there ages ago. There are better choices that sells at 3 to 3.50 and taste better.....

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
328 is a fake.
The Lao Hiao Nancy conspired with coffeeshop owner to raise janggut rent and forced him out then usurped original katong laksa location. Later she herself kena kicked out and moved to current location. Thus many mistook her for original one but she's a shameless fake.

Dun be fooled by the gong cheebye celebs photos. What do those fucktard foreign celebs know?
Just like that shameless founder Ba Kut Teh no shame claimed to be founder and shop plastered with celeb photos.
Now defunked 933 cheap roast duck also many celeb photos last time not because it's good but because they sponsor mediacorpse with free roast ducks always.....

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Laksa at $5.75 small and big at $7.75 per bowl ! I can have 2 bowls at Sungei Road yet save $1.75 . Katong 328 is far below standard of Sungei Roadtoo. Where are the rest of the laksa stalls next to 328 ? With no competition , Katong 328 becomes arrogant . I ordered tapas 1 laksa , a fat man at the counter , apparently boss asked if I want small or big . I said for 1 person and he said big is just nice . I saw their price list and immediately told him I want small , his reply was , I already keyed in your order which went straight to the kitchen via POS system . So cannot change , next thing I noticed , he went in to the kitchen to prepare the laksa and brought it out . To me he's a desperate fatty trying to sell at higher price by giving stupid reason that key in cannot change.

I will not recommend anyone there to eat laksa , if bro/sisters know where are the othe 2 laksa stalls that were once there , please inform . Thank you.

since it was modernised with fastfood style n aircond BUT no improvement to quality or qty BUT big price jump I hv boycotted them
they think money grows my my dick...............

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last time there were some franchisers who would distribute Laksa, I think it was the same type as Laksa 328. Someone told me these vendors would pay for a big pot of the laksa soup & the other ingredients. They would then sell it by the bowl. I don't see these outlets anymore?

I haven't eaten laksa in a long time but if I have to pay $5.75 for a small bowl I will pass.

must be price increase n downliners told the 328 CB to fuck bangla

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
im sorry but the original katong laksa at katong rd near katong shopping center is long gone,i think the management has changed hands twice at least.....it has been a icon since my secondary school days,outlasting many of the shops and the cheapo $1 an hour internet cafes for many years.....my favourite indian prata stall was also at katong rd......unfortunately it has succumbed to the evil machinations of LHL and all the greedy rent seekers,the prata stall and the coffee shop has been sold to some upper class south indian restaurant and the whole of katong rd has been transformed into some uppity negro high class haute couture ang moh bars and burger joints.

fuck u LHL and Ho Jinx!!!!!u have destroyed the old singapore completely!!!!!!!

Whore Jinx oso you want to fuck......... are you alright???

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal

I avoid eating Stinkapoor Laksa for ages they one of the Worst food for human consumption!!

1. High Coconut base in the gravy!

2. High price lousy Taste! Laksa Mai Hum!!

3. Built up your Cholesterol to higher Level !!!

4. Doctor say you'll die lah Cholesterol so High!!

5. I rather settle for Penang Asam Laska in Penang or Genting Highland!!

Stay away from Laksa!!

Lohmee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cook your own lah! Save millions!

[video=youtube;R--tJQRVH20]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R--tJQRVH20[/video]

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nancy's laksa is fake.

The 3 genuine ones who have selling laksa for the last 50 - 60 years in S'pore are Jangut, Sungei Road and Roxy laksa.

At the East Coast lagoon there is a congee or 'bak-choke' stall; this vendor has been around for the last 50 - 60 years.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I will share the story of Janggut Laksa. Please correct me if this wrong.

It was situated at 49 East Coast Road in the 1980s and 1990s. It was run by 2 of Janggut's nephews. They were the only ones there. No competition. The bowl was small and naturally the serving was small and had few ingredients but the gravy was good and thick. As it was cut short thick bee hoon noodles which Janggut invented as his signature in the 1940s, you needed a small spoon. I remember it was called "Marine Parade Laksa" but everyone called it Janggut in memory of the old man. These nephews were real arseholes, no service, no smile, just scoop and thats it. I remember it was expensive and easy money.

To supplement the small servings, the big eaters would order 2 bowls. However most people would go next door to 47 and buy the Otak Otak which was good which they ate with the laksa. It then became fashionable to eat Janggut's Laksa with the next door Otak Otak

One day, a lady started a Laksa stall next door at No. 47. The surprise was that she got the gravy right, and it was twice the size and and had more ingredient. Soon the people abandoned the Jangguts and went next door. I remember crowd forming next door and No. 49 became quite empty. The arseholes then shut down the business as the landlord told them to move on. They however claim that the rental shot up.

True to form of JR from Dynasty and the Game of Thrones, the landlord at No. 47 saw the roaring trade that his new lady tenant had and decided to be greedy. He basically jacked her rental sky high that she had to give up. The Landlord then got his wife to run the stall but it was an utter disaster, no taste and no standard.

The lady who was kicked out moved across Ceylon Road to the opposite coffeeshop which is now has Laksa 328. I am not sure if it is same lady running it but over one year even the standard dropped and now really bad.

The 2 arsehole nephews built up courage and after 2 years got a small space at 57 East Coast Road and on their signboard had "Original Laksa" on it. But their attitudes and slightly bigger portion did not draw the crowd and they closed down again. The good news is that one of their daughter opened up at Queensway and restored the standard that Janggut made famous.

Roxy Laksa across the street was run by a different family from the early years and but they maintained their standard. I heard that they moved to East Coast Lagoon and now run by the son and his wife. Not sure how the standard is .

Janggut @ Roxy Sq, first floor

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I will share the story of Janggut Laksa. Please correct me if this wrong.

It was situated at 49 East Coast Road in the 1980s and 1990s. It was run by 2 of Janggut's nephews. They were the only ones there. No competition. The bowl was small and naturally the serving was small and had few ingredients but the gravy was good and thick. As it was cut short thick bee hoon noodles which Janggut invented as his signature in the 1940s, you needed a small spoon. I remember it was called "Marine Parade Laksa" but everyone called it Janggut in memory of the old man. These nephews were real arseholes, no service, no smile, just scoop and thats it. I remember it was expensive and easy money.

To supplement the small servings, the big eaters would order 2 bowls. However most people would go next door to 47 and buy the Otak Otak which was good which they ate with the laksa. It then became fashionable to eat Janggut's Laksa with the next door Otak Otak

One day, a lady started a Laksa stall next door at No. 47. The surprise was that she got the gravy right, and it was twice the size and and had more ingredient. Soon the people abandoned the Jangguts and went next door. I remember crowd forming next door and No. 49 became quite empty. The arseholes then shut down the business as the landlord told them to move on. They however claim that the rental shot up.

True to form of JR from Dynasty and the Game of Thrones, the landlord at No. 47 saw the roaring trade that his new lady tenant had and decided to be greedy. He basically jacked her rental sky high that she had to give up. The Landlord then got his wife to run the stall but it was an utter disaster, no taste and no standard.

The lady who was kicked out moved across Ceylon Road to the opposite coffeeshop which is now has Laksa 328. I am not sure if it is same lady running it but over one year even the standard dropped and now really bad.

The 2 arsehole nephews built up courage and after 2 years got a small space at 57 East Coast Road and on their signboard had "Original Laksa" on it. But their attitudes and slightly bigger portion did not draw the crowd and they closed down again. The good news is that one of their daughter opened up at Queensway and restored the standard that Janggut made famous.

Roxy Laksa across the street was run by a different family from the early years and but they maintained their standard. I heard that they moved to East Coast Lagoon and now run by the son and his wife. Not sure how the standard is .

I was a little kid when my parents took me to watch movies at Roxy cinema and after watching movie we would
have Roxy laksa, then it was operating from a stall right behind the cinema.

Then it was 50 cents for a movie ticket at Roxy cinema and 30 cents for a bowl of Roxy laksa.

Currently at the East Coast lagoon food center Roxy laksa is selling at $4.50 and $5.50 a bowl.

I like the fresh prawns you get at this stall and the couple takes the trouble to store their prawns in the fridge.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
thats not too far from my time....at the very same place there was a zhi zhar stall and the saefood horfan was out of this world and cost i think 80 cents. Their fried rice was also very good...in fact i liked it better than fatty's at Albert Street.

I was a little kid when my parents took me to watch movies at Roxy cinema and after watching movie we would
have Roxy laksa, then it was operating from a stall right behind the cinema.

Then it was 50 cents for a movie ticket at Roxy cinema and 30 cents for a bowl of Roxy laksa.

Currently at the East Coast lagoon food center Roxy laksa is selling at $4.50 and $5.50 a bowl.

I like the fresh prawns you get at this stall and the couple takes the trouble to store their prawns in the fridge.

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
thats not too far from my time....at the very same place there was a zhi zhar stall and the saefood horfan was out of this world and cost i think 80 cents. Their fried rice was also very good...in fact i liked it better than fatty's at Albert Street.

This Roxy laksa is Violet Oon's favourite... have met her there on a few occasions.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Roxy nearby Odeon Katong that was the place for famous beef noodles too. Closed shop during the Mad cow scare then

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
plenty of nice food in that area.....the shops there as well as those pushcart hawkers.....yong tau foo....fishball noodles....wantan noodles.... chye tau kway and char kway teow...and a pair of brothers selling mixed roasted meat just to name some. There were also the some pushcart hawkers that used to position themselves at the junction of marshall and fowlie road in the evenings where 3 schools were ( seraya...fowlie and st hildas ) .

Roxy nearby Odeon Katong that was the place for famous beef noodles too. Closed shop during the Mad cow scare then