• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Name your 3 favourite local hawker dishes - First instincts are the best - Be quick.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Name your 3 favourite local hawker dishes - First instincts are the best - Be qu

Yes, I do recall that it was only $2, quiet a surprise. Was there in Dec on the way to pick up an Olympus lens at Redhill MRT that I bought from a young chap. Made sure I covered the carrot cake. AV does have good stalls including a really great Mee Pok stall in the centre aisle. Can recall the Zi Char stall though.

Yes I know the carrot cake stall. Both of them can cook. Best part is you can get a good deal at $2! Havent tried the bak kut teh at AV, will try one day. There is also a famous zi char stall there but I have only had it once.

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Name your 3 favourite local hawker dishes - First instincts are the best - Be qu

Beef noodles at which location?

I used to have beef noodle at Lavender food centre but it had closed down, now my favorite place to makan beef noodle is at the HDB Hub food court in Toa Payoh.

I also like the Beef Ho Fun at a Zi Char stall along Thomson Road, opposite Thomson Medical centre.

FangSinGuek

Alfrescian
Loyal

Prawn noodles - east coast, geylang lor 1, Whitley
Fried prawn noodle/hokkien mee - mangkarkar, geylang lor 29, nam sing
Claypot rice - union Ben , geylang lor 35, beach reach golden mile HC

Nam Sing very expensive and cut throat.............. makes a lot of money yet pay NO tax

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

he chopped! ...

My bad... He can join the new gym at Vibes along Telok Kurau Rd then, no air con, can perspire more during work out.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Anyone know of any hawker that uses Charcoal stove for food like Hor Fun, Kway Teow etc? Or least the Hor Fun having the distinct burnt smell. Keen to try a bit of old World flavour.

FangSinGuek

Alfrescian
Loyal

Cheng Tng at Bedok Corner always good. Have not been there since the owner passed away but I think his elder brother might be running it. Bedok Camp boys will remember this.

he is running it
std back to normal...........

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

Keen to try a bit of old World flavour.

Blk 86 Bedok North St 4, Fei Loh (old fatty) Tze Char. 5 bucks a plate with good wok hei!

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

Thanks Bro, sounds good.

The other places with charcoal stove is either Sungei Rd Laksa or Geylang Lor29 Hokkien Prawn Noodles.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

Before I forget, 467 Changi Rd has this Seng Kee Herbal Black Chicken Soup w/ YeoCheeMeeSuah aka Mee Suah w/ kidneys. They have this chaotar beehoon, not too bad.
But the better YeoCheeMeeSuah is at Blk511 BedokNorth FC.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The other places with charcoal stove is either Sungei Rd Laksa or Geylang Lor29 Hokkien Prawn Noodles.

Even Claypot rice want to find still using charcoal already hard much less those frying noodles.
Union Ben Chinatown still uses partial charcoal

schizo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Even Claypot rice want to find still using charcoal already hard much less those frying noodles.
Union Ben Chinatown still uses partial charcoal

the old 7 storey hotel at beach road hylam steamboat uses the most charcoals, everytime the whole place damn smoky like on fire

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

the old 7 storey hotel at beach road hylam steamboat uses the most charcoals, everytime the whole place damn smoky like on fire

The original mookata udon thai in golden mile also stopped using charcoal after complaints from fellow tenants. Seems charcoal way of cooking is no more

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I used to have beef noodle at Lavender food centre but it had closed down, now my favorite place to makan beef noodle is at the HDB Hub food court in Toa Payoh.

I also like the Beef Ho Fun at a Zi Char stall along Thomson Road, opposite Thomson Medical centre.

Try the beef noodles at the hawker centre opposite ICA - Blanco court bkt, I think. Their chilli is out of this world and $ is fair. They stopped selling into the night coz of manpower problems. Lunch time is a safer bet. I used to eat there at around midnight.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

Their chilli is out of this world and $ is fair.

For strong chilli, I recommend Dunman Road FC wanton mee, noodles I think so-so but chilli is damn shiok!
The other place I go for strong chilli is at City Plaza, Poon Nah City, Home made noodles. They have those ban-mian style noodles with prawn or abalone, etc. I go for the dry version and chiong the chilli over there.

P.S: they use chilli padi

FangSinGuek

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thanks for the tip bro. The best tip on food always comes from mata mata.

poodles only tell you where got good snake meat or snake soup...............
taxi drivers know best where to get good value for money food

currypuff

Alfrescian
Loyal

This one need to be specific, too many stalls selling wanton mee.

The stall facing main road, formerly from hougang. Noodle made in factory according to stall holder spec. Very long queue, bro.