• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Death sentence that protected an entire generation

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As far as I know, no innocent man had been hanged for drug trafficking.

There was however, one curious case which merits some debate.

CNB officers once planned for a sting operation where a heroin trafficker was arrested with 10 sachets of heroin. In normal circumstances, 10 sachets of heroin would contain about 5 grammes of the pure diamorphine (heroin) after chemical analysis, minus the impurities. The sentence would be 5 to 8 years imprisonment.

In this case, the purity of the drug was close to 90% and after analysis, the drug was found to be more than 15 grammes, hence making it a capital offence. Apparently, this trafficker refused to buy from local distributors, but instead made a trip to Thailand where he bought the drugs directly from the Thais. The Thai gave him the best they could offer as he could prove to be a new conduit for the flow of their goods.

In the end, the trafficker was executed according to the Law, leaving behind a child and a disabled parent........He should have had just bought his supplies from local distributors and saved himself from the noose......

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

There was however, one curious case which merits some debate.

CNB officers once planned for a sting operation where a heroin trafficker was arrested with 10 sachets of heroin. In normal circumstances, 10 sachets of heroin would contain about 5 grammes of the pure diamorphine (heroin) after chemical analysis, minus the impurities. The sentence would be 5 to 8 years imprisonment.

In this case, the purity of the drug was close to 90% and after analysis, the drug was found to be more than 15 grammes, hence making it a capital offence. Apparently, this trafficker refused to buy from local distributors, but instead made a trip to Thailand where he bought the drugs directly from the Thais. The Thai gave him the best they could offer as he could prove to be a new conduit for the flow of their goods.

In the end, the trafficker was executed according to the Law, leaving behind a child and a disabled parent........He should have had just bought his supplies from local distributors and saved himself from the noose......

In that case, u need to upgrade your knowledge. Look up Vignes Mourthi

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Attended Saturday's "Kenna Police how - your due prpcess" rally at Hong Lim organised by 3 entities - Community Action Network (CAN), Function8 and Think Centre. There were about 100 people including Chee and PT. People spoke but none of them actually addressed the topic. The death sentence did come out quite often. Not sure what the 3 entities did in terms of organisation but certainly missed an opportunity to raise some pertinent issues. Anyway I did wonder how an entire generation may have benefitted from the death sentence. I know that drugs were not freely available and 99% of Singaporeans may not even seen what a straw of heroin looks like. I do remember prior to the introduction of the death sentence, lots of famous personalities, scions of rich families etc ended in DRCs. whole HDB blacks in some housing estate became hot zones etc. Used to see nightclub hostess lying on the pavement completely stoned. Not sure if these activists know what it was like in the 70s when drugs began entering the country .
A very good point you bought up,,,ask the Aussies,,,after the Bali Nine incident,,many of those who lost family and friends to drugs wish that the death penalty was there for drug traffickers. Drugs are the worse form of 'addiction'. But the left wing bleeding heart liberal fuckwits will never admit to that,,,,and now look at aust,,having a crime wave fuelled by drug addicts,,,,

CABcommander

Alfrescian
Loyal
The drug traffickers or mules clearly know what they are in for if they are caught. That includes possible death penalty. So kaupei simi lancheow. Face the music like a man ok. Cheebye.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I do remember the glue sniffing that caught hold of Chinese school going youngsters. Before it became illegal, you could see kids sniffing glue in plastics bags. It also affected the secret society members For once the Malay youths were not as affected. I remember the case of genuinely desperate farmer in Lim Chu Kang that built a cage and chained his son out of desperation. The poor kid's brain was already affected. Eventually the govt acted.

Agree on the meth. I also remember in the late 90s, Filipinos working here were hooked on ice and it was brought across by the seamen from their country.

Sure or not nigger? Malays not affected by glue sniffing but chinese affected? Want to protect malays until make up untruths? All cos you saw a chinese person sniffing glue does not mean that more chinese sniff glue than m&ds.

Pray tell why is it different today? Also glue sniffing and trafficking and taking drugs is 2 totally different matters.

stingray

Alfrescian
Loyal
At lot of good and decent families lost their kids to drug. Imagine the son of the Raffles Institution Principal lost to drugs and he was not the exception. Even senior police, Army and Civl Servants were affected. Since the introduction of the Death Penalty, the only kid of a celebrity that surfaced in recent years was Peter Lim's...

The son of a former high court judge also became a druggie, a guy named singh, a bayee.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Malay community lost an effective officer which could have done much for his community, but for the idiots in CPIB, who incidentally, was led by an Indian Muslim...... another case of a Muslim farking up another Muslim.... and the well being his own Muslim community....

Mohd Ali? Previously from Customs. Retired as AD or Sr AD. Don't think he made it to DD appointment. Useless bugger.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Attended Saturday's "Kenna Police how - your due prpcess" rally at Hong Lim organised by 3 entities - Community Action Network (CAN), Function8 and Think Centre. There were about 100 people including Chee and PT. People spoke but none of them actually addressed the topic. The death sentence did come out quite often. Not sure what the 3 entities did in terms of organisation but certainly missed an opportunity to raise some pertinent issues.

Anyway I did wonder how an entire generation may have benefitted from the death sentence. I know that drugs were not freely available and 99% of Singaporeans may not even seen what a straw of heroin looks like. I do remember prior to the introduction of the death sentence, lots of famous personalities, scions of rich families etc ended in DRCs. whole HDB blacks in some housing estate became hot zones etc. Used to see nightclub hostess lying on the pavement completely stoned.

Not sure if these activists know what it was like in the 70s when drugs began entering the country .

If your logic is correct, imposing death penalty for all crimes should eliminate crimes completely then. We will then save lots as we won't need that many judges, prisons and even poodles.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A very good point you bought up,,,ask the Aussies,,,after the Bali Nine incident,,many of those who lost family and friends to drugs wish that the death penalty was there for drug traffickers. Drugs are the worse form of 'addiction'. But the left wing bleeding heart liberal fuckwits will never admit to that,,,,and now look at aust,,having a crime wave fuelled by drug addicts,,,,

Impose Shariah law then.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I support the death penalty. Saving lives is more important than sparing criminals, many of whom inflict damage on their victims that scar them for life and lead to destruction of whole families.

I would like a simple system ...death penalty for all crimes. That will eliminate crime to almost zero. And we save money on having less judges, less prisons and even less poodles.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Of course lah. This is sinkapore where everything is controlled. How to investigate the poodles?

It is NOT possible that the sinkee court has not had an wrong death conviction.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
If your logic is correct, imposing death penalty for all crimes should eliminate crimes completely then. We will then save lots as we won't need that many judges, prisons and even poodles.
Yep, why draw the line at murder and drug offences? Why not also include drink driving killing with a car? Why not include death caused by negligence at the work place. eg. those 2 captains who killed the kid with the excessive smoke grenades should be sentenced to death too, right? It was a premedidated act. I am not opposed to the death penalty per se, but singapore justice is a kangaroo justice and without independent and legal oversight, the system is open to abuse.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
The drug traffickers or mules clearly know what they are in for if they are caught. That includes possible death penalty. So kaupei simi lancheow. Face the music like a man ok. Cheebye.
There are many instances of unwitting drug mules. They are girls befriended and groomed by boyfriends who later ask them to carry something in their luggage for them. They get caught and they get the death sentence, the boyfriend looks for another mule. This is called love. And they clearly do not know what they are carrying.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I would like a simple system ...death penalty for all crimes. That will eliminate crime to almost zero. And we save money on having less judges, less prisons and even less poodles.

That's a typical sacarstic retort made by liberals who don't like the death penalty. Unfortunately no one except themselves pay any attention to this line of thought

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
There are many instances of unwitting drug mules. They are girls befriended and groomed by boyfriends who later ask them to carry something in their luggage for them. They get caught and they get the death sentence, the boyfriend looks for another mule. This is called love. And they clearly do not know what they are carrying.

The hell they do not know what they are carrying. Surely you can't be so naive.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its like waiting for the answer to the chicken or egg question. No different to an Army General standing on the mound and telling his men to hold fire as next to the enemy formation there is a village. He then tells his soldiers to bear the shelling and wait for the enemy to move away from the village. The idiot of course does not realise why the enemy was next to the village in the first place.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Its like waiting for the answer to the chicken or egg question. No different to an Army General standing on the mound and telling his men to hold fire as next to the enemy formation there is a village. He then tells his soldiers to bear the shelling and wait for the enemy to move away from the village. The idiot of course does not realise why the enemy was next to the village in the first place.

Look some armies or troops do have compassion and the reckless bombing of civilians is frowned upon by countries the world over.

Just watch the movie eye in the sky where a young girl about 10 unwittingly gets herself caught in the crossfire and everyone was debating on whether they should even fire the hellfire missile. For you to call an army general an idiot for refusing to fire on an enemy formation due to a village that would end up as colleteral damage is the stupidest thing you could do. Stick to posting your own opinions but stop making your opinions sound like they are the gospel truth and the only correct way.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
what the fuck do you know? Stop protecting your PAP judicial system. I have already ask you to look up Vignes Mourthi, and you still come here with your fucking shit. Singapore judges operate kangaroo courts. This is proven fact. U know what the definition of a kangaroo court is? The facts are what the judge says it is, its arbitrary and subject to the whims of the judge and whoever is influencing him. Couple this with the lack of forensic science used to determine evidence and a police force that is known to use coercion tactics to get confessions, and into this you introduce the death penalty, you are just asking for trouble. Only as asshole like you can't see this. Even if one innocent person is hanged, its already one too many and grounds for abolishing the death penalty. I can guarantee you there are more then one innocent person hanged.