• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Red Devils 2016-2017

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
By showing his dislike or indifference of the Europa League sets a poor example for his players and the club.

Good players follow the mentality of their managers. Mourinho cannot pick and choose what tournaments he can play in but he needs to instill a winning mentality.
If he doesn't give a shit about winning the Europa League, why should his players? My gut feeling is that they would rather have their Thurday evenings free to focus on the EPL.

So what if it's a second tier Euro competition?, there are still some decent teams competiting and silverware is still silverware especially in Europe.

It's about giving play time to a number of fringe players and not down to indifference to the Europa league. SAF and many of the top teams have done the same. It is also about prioritizing you goals for the season.

If Mou had thought less of the competition and had not shown his desire to win, why would he bring Ibra on when they have a league match just two days away? Mind you Ibra is 34/35 and he would take a longer time to recover between games.

At the end of the day, it is up to the players to impress and deliver. Match fitness will be the key for United's quest for silverware this season and they probably need a large dose of luck as well.:biggrin:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's about giving play time to a number of fringe players and not down to indifference to the Europa league. SAF and many of the top teams have done the same. It is also about prioritizing you goals for the season.

If Mou had thought less of the competition and had not shown his desire to win, why would he bring Ibra on when they have a league match just two days away? Mind you Ibra is 34/35 and he would take a longer time to recover between games.

At the end of the day, it is up to the players to impress and deliver. Match fitness will be the key for United's quest for silverware this season and they probably need a large dose of luck as well.:biggrin:

I will suggest that they take the Europa seriously. The BPL is extremely competitive and it is by no means confirmed that they will qualify for UCL next season. If you look at the early form of Liverpool n man c they are scary. Man c has clicked into gear and showing signs of Barca play style. It will be difficult to beat them.

Man U - you have a bunch of deadwood that need to be shifted n reinvigorated. Rooney - is he an asset or liability ? Rojo already show that he has the bench to himself. What about Depay n marshal ? Marshal loss of form is worrying.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am absolutely convinced no country or club manager has the balls to can that thug even after such a woeful display.:mad:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mourinho should grow some balls and drop Rooney from the 1st team.
His performance today was abysmal.

he aint the only one.
Pogba hasnt found his pressence.
the leftback & the respective covering is a big queston mark

both goals - against Feyenord and Watford came from the left side...both times, opponents found it easy to go to the byline and cut back...
WTF...

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
When Mata came on, I thought Mou would take Rooney off. It was obvious that the bulk of the breakdown in attacks was down to the player's poor judgement, passing and distribution at times.

Yes, there were several players that under performed. The one that really mattered was the captain.

What now for the special one? The stick approach clearly isn't working. Keep the troubles and issues within the dressing room. Dun throw players under the bus at the first sign of trouble. Obviously, the media has their own agenda and if you can't handle press interviews, get someone else to do it.

Giving Ibra 4 days off while the rest had only two during the international break was a step in the wrong direction. While Mou's intention was well meant, it would appear to the rest of the players that you have one rule for your star purchases and another for the rest which incidentally reminds them of LVG/Basti farce.

Drop Rooney for good and play Carrick. I'm very certain will he'll step up to the plate. Leadership is lacking when it mattered most. Carrick will have a calming impact and I reckon he'll be able to guide the young players. Use Fosu as he probably has the highest work rate among the players. Keep the Smalling/Bailly partnership as it will take more than just a game for them to gel. What is needed at the center back is stability.

Forget James Rodriques as he's not the answer to our weakness. Schole's choice of Kroos or Modric would do well. The Vidal type would also do wonders for the team.

Sell these players-Rojo, Herrera or Mata, Valencia, Jones and Rooney.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fosu-Mensah is one of United's best defenders but yet hasn't even had a look in this season.

Fosu is a terrier and has the legs to run down the opponents. Not sure why he hasn't even made it to the bench. Not even sure why Darmian who is a natural defender isn't playing. Mou has shackled himself by narrowing down his options and if he's not careful with his public rebuke of players who have under performed, it may not be long before he's shown the door. I hope it doesn't happened.

Granted we dun have the best, smartest and most adaptable players like the REALs, Barca or even Bayern to play different tactical formations but what we do have is the spirit of perseverance and playing to our strengths.

Mou has to return to basics and the best way is to use the old,rigid but effective 4-4-2 formation and take it from there. This formation used to be the most effective during Fergie's era.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fosu is a terrier and has the legs to run down the opponents. Not sure why he hasn't even made it to the bench. Not even sure why Darmian who is a natural defender isn't playing. Mou has shackled himself by narrowing down his options and if he's not careful with his public rebuke of players who have under performed, it may not be long before he's shown the door. I hope it doesn't happened.

Granted we dun have the best, smartest and most adaptable players like the REALs, Barca or even Bayern to play different tactical formations but what we do have is the spirit of perseverance and playing to our strengths.

Mou has to return to basics and the best way is to use the old,rigid but effective 4-4-2 formation and take it from there. This formation used to be the most effective during Fergie's era.

Bro I agree abt 442. Man U thrive well under that formation. It's strange no teams are using that now.

Fosu has good future. He with bailly n Smalling will be the bedrock. I am just appalled how easy the opponents can cut through the Defence to cut back - that's 2 goals conceded from the same play tactic. Shaw n Rojo are the two players not defending. It's was left to Pogba n bailly defending on the left flank on both occasions. That's not good enough.

Rooney n Pogba seems to mix up their roles as each want to go forward n Rooney being clumsy n slow foils up everything.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To be honest Man Utd fanboys, the calibre of your players is probably the same or better than their Man City equivalent (with perhaps the exception of Sergio Aguero). You've also spent heavily in the transfer window beefing up the squad and getting all your targets.

The difference is that currently, Pep Guardiola has got them running like a slick well oiled F1 Mercedes AMG. He's a master footballing tactician.

Swap the managers around and United would probably be top of the table right now.
If United lose against Leicester on Saturday, Mourinho will be under real pressure to go.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
JOSE TURNS TO DRINK
Manchester United want Danny Drinkwater
in shock £30million January move for Leicester midfield ace

Foxes ace could follow Paul Pogba in returning to Old Trafford for mega money having left for next to nothing

nintchdbpict000268465600_zps4lq9vm37.jpg

But there is still money for Mourinho to chase Leicester and England ace Drinkwater.
And it could mean a return home for the Manchester-born midfielder to a club that rejected him four years ago.
Drinkwater is at Old Trafford on Saturday with Leicester for the lunchtime game.
He was at the club from the age of nine but never made a first team appearance.

jw5

Loyal
I predict Mourinho will start Sergio Romero, Jesse Lingard and Mkhitaryan against Northampton in the EFL cup. The reserve goalie to get some game time and the other 2 as punishment. :biggrin:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I predict Mourinho will start Sergio Romero, Jesse Lingard and Mkhitaryan against Northampton in the EFL cup. The reserve goalie to get some game time and the other 2 as punishment. :biggrin:

i am already feeling dismay towards where the team is heading. Mourniho showing signs of losing his marbles, which is alarming, at such an early stage.
Rooney better be benched. Solve the left back area...

I just hope he dont revert to the conservative approach reminscent of LVG days.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
...already feeling dismay towards where the team is heading. Mourniho showing signs of losing his marbles, which is alarming, at such an early stage. ...hope he dont revert to the conservative approach reminscent of LVG days.
Yeah, that's disconcerting for JM's stature with no comfort for fans (and even the team). So much's being said in the media, analysing JM's recent tripping and his less confident style contrasting with his hey days. And even drew parallel with his last Chelskis exit.

We gritted our teeth for 2 seasons, with the DM and LVG. There was so much hype pre-season, and now the bad press is telling

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Team line up tonight?

League One side Northampton Town will be without winger Paul Anderson for Wednesday's EFL Cup third-round tie against Manchester United.

Anderson is cup-tied having played for Bradford City in an earlier round before joining the Cobblers.
United midfielder Michael Carrick is set for his first outing of the season.

Full-back Luke Shaw has a groin tear and striker Anthony Martial is a doubt with a head injury, while midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan has a thigh problem.

MATCH STATS

• Northampton have never beaten Manchester United.
  • The two sides met in the FA Cup in 1970 and 2004 with United winning 8-2 and 3-0, but they have never met in the League Cup.
  • The last time Northampton were involved in a third-round League Cup match they beat Liverpool 4-2 on penalties after a 2-2 draw at Anfield in September 2010.
  • United have been knocked out of the League Cup by lower league opposition in each of the past two seasons (by MK Dons and Middlesbrough).
  • United manager Jose Mourinho has won seven of his eight League Cup matches against lower league opposition, drawing the other

jw5

Loyal
i am already feeling dismay towards where the team is heading. Mourniho showing signs of losing his marbles, which is alarming, at such an early stage.
Rooney better be benched. Solve the left back area...

I just hope he dont revert to the conservative approach reminscent of LVG days.

Mourinho has lost his marbles everywhere he has been (eventually), so it's not surprising. :biggrin:

In my opinion, Zlatan and Rooney should be rotated in and out of the team, sometimes starting, sometimes on the bench. Rashford should definitely be a starter in EPL games, he looks dangerous and lively every game he plays. Play a 3 man midfield with an anchor like Carrick, Schneiderlin or Fosu Mensah, and 2 out of Pogba, Fellaini and Herrera. Rashford upfront and rotate between Rooney, Zlatan, Martial, Mkhitaryan, Lingard, Mata and Depay for the other 2 spots, depending on who is on form.

They should look longer at the young players. Other than Pogba, goalie Zieler from Leicester, Drinkwater, Shawcross, James Chester, Michael Keane are all former United youngsters who are current productive EPL players.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
José Mourinho hits out at ‘football Einsteins’ for trying to undermine him

José Mourinho has hit out at “football Einsteins” for trying to undermine his and Manchester United’s achievements in the wake of the team’s recent run of three successive losses......................

“I know that some football Einsteins – football is full of Einsteins – I know that they tried to delete 16 years of my career,” the Portuguese told MUTV. “They tried to delete an unbelievable history of Man United football club and to focus on a bad week with three bad results. But that’s the new football – it’s full of Einsteins.

“I can understand clearly the disappointment if the fans are disappointed with the last week. I understand completely but I’m sure that with the team going back home [against Leicester City on Saturday] they will be behind the team like they always are.”.......................

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/sep/22/jose-mourinho-hits-out-at-football-einsteins-for-trying-to-undermine-him-manchester-united