• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Red Devils 2016-2017

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
José Mourinho blames Paul Pogba injury on crowded fixture schedule

Frustrated United manager says fatigue is beginning to affect his players
Tiredness means ‘we will probably lose at Middlesbrough now’

José Mourinho hit out at English fixture scheduling after losing Paul Pogba to a hamstring injury in the Europa League victory over Rostov.

Manchester United’s France international is likely to be out for three weeks, and thus unable to play at Middlesbrough on Sunday or link up with his national team in the upcoming international break. Mourinho believes the injury was a result of fatigue. Marcos Rojo was so energy depleted during the game that he called for a banana to be brought on to the pitch.

“We have lots of enemies,” Mourinho said. “Normally it would just be Rostov but we have a lot more.

“It is difficult to play Monday with 10 men, it is difficult to play now, it is difficult to play at 12 o’clock on a Sunday. We will probably lose at Middlesbrough now. Fatigue has a price.”.........................

Mourinho also said he did not believe it was possible to restore United to the level of dominance they enjoyed under Sir Alex Ferguson.

“Forget it,’ he said. “Don’t try to go 10, 20 years ago because it is not possible any more. We are not ready to dominate. We are ready to fight for every game but we are not ready to try and win everything.”.................

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/mar/17/jose-mourinho-paul-pogba-injury-fixture-schedule

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fatigue setting in was the result of too many games played within a short period of time. Let's face it, we didn't have the depth in the first place to pursue all 4 competition. We were foolish to field the first team for the Mickey Mouse Cup. Prioritizing just wasn't there. All you need to do is look at the bench and you'll find fluffy feather weights sitting on them.

The trip to Rostov took its toll on the players but upon closer examination it probably set in long before the Rostov game. What now?Play the fringe players and if you need to tap on the under 23 players. Well, at least it will buy some of the senior players 2-3 weeks of rest.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's strange that Mourinho made such comments. It's not his first season in English Football

Granted he wants to divert attention from his team but try something else like blame the refrees or the oppo players. He has other midfield talents - Lingard n periera. Time to use them.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pereira is on loan to spanish league outfit Granada and I don't think they can recall the player at this stage of the season.

There are untested youth players available. If we are going to lose, it really doesn't matter who Mou plays or for that matter what the relegation threatened teams says. Mou would risk further injuries if the same set of players show up tomorrow at noon.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bets tomorrow, how?

[h=2]TEAM NEWS[/h]Middlesbrough's caretaker boss Steve Agnew may have Bernardo Espinosa and Rudy Gestede available after injuries.
Adlene Guedioura returns after being cup-tied, but Daniel Ayala, Calum Chambers and George Friend are out.
Paul Pogba misses out for Manchester United because of a hamstring strain, while Daley Blind received a blow to the head against Rostov and is a doubt.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Ander Herrera are suspended, but Wayne Rooney, Luke Shaw and Anthony Martial could be fit.
[h=2]MOTD COMMENTATOR'S NOTES[/h]Guy Mowbray: "With Jose Mourinho stressing that United have 'lots of enemies'[FONT=gelicons-core !important]http://www.espnfc.co.uk/manchester-...s-man-united-schedule-we-have-lots-of-enemies this week, it might have been nice for him to catch up with a friend. [/FONT]
"Aitor Karanka's dismissal from Middlesbrough means he'll be one down on that score at the Riverside, with Boro's inability TO score one of the reasons for Mourinho's former assistant going.
"His successor faces a conundrum. Changes are usually made to make a relegation-threatened team harder to beat - something not usually associated with becoming more cavalier.
"Looking at their next fixtures[FONT=gelicons-core !important]http://www.mfc.co.uk/fixtures-results/fixtures-list/ though, caretaker Steve Agnew might as well send a team out to have a free hit against fatigued United - whilst taking Mourinho's 'probably lose' comments with a cellar full of salt." [/FONT]
Twitter: @Guymowbray[FONT=gelicons-core !important]https://twitter.com/Guymowbray[/FONT]
[h=2]WHAT THE MANAGERS SAY[/h]Middlesbrough's caretaker boss Steve Agnew: "I have to be honest, [Thursday] was a really difficult and emotional day.
"Aitor Karanka put in incredible work over the last three and a half years. I really enjoyed his work and his company during my two and a half years working with him.
"But today the players have trained well and we look forward to the weekend."
Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho on his side's fixture congestion: "I don't think it's a funny situation. When I watch marathons and people go to their limit, I don't think it is funny, and I don't think it's funny some of my players in six weeks play 11 matches.
"Play on Monday with 10 men, enjoying five hours the M6 coming back to Manchester. People can ask why was (Phil) Jones playing on the left with so many difficulties. He was playing on the left because he could run and Marcos (Rojo) couldn't run.
"We are living all these things and let's see if Sunday we get a point. That would be great result."
[h=2]LAWRO'S PREDICTION[/h]I think we might see Middlesbrough play with a bit more freedom now Aitor Karanka has gone, which was one of the criticisms he faced.
I would not be surprised if Boro get something from Manchester United on Sunday.
Prediction: 1-1
Lawro's full predictions v boxer Anthony Crolla

• Think you can do better than Lawro? Predict the score for this match and the rest of this round's Premier League fixtures in our Predictor game
yH5BAEAAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAIBRAA7

[h=2]MATCH FACTS[/h]Head-to-head

• Manchester United are unbeaten in eight league meetings since a 4-1 defeat on Teesside in October 2005 (W5, D3).
  • Middlesbrough have gone 12 matches without a win against United in all competitions, although they did knock the Red Devils out of the League Cup in a penalty shootout last season.
  • United have scored in each of their last 14 away league games against Middlesbrough, their longest current streak against another club.
Middlesbrough

• Boro are winless in 10 league games since Christmas, failing to score in seven of them. A draw or defeat on Saturday would ensure they equal the longest run without victory in the Premier League this season, set by Swansea.
  • Middlesbrough's next defeat will be their 1000th in the top flight.
  • Their tallies of four wins and 19 goals scored this season are the worst in the division. They have failed to score in 13 of their 27 matches, more than any other side.
  • However, only four clubs have conceded fewer goals than Middlesbrough.
Manchester United

• Manchester United's current 17-match unbeaten run is the longest in the Premier League this season.
  • They share the division's best defensive away record with Chelsea, conceding just 12 goals. United have only let in four goals in their last seven away games.
  • United's next win will be their 600th in the Premier League, becoming the first side to reach that landmark.
  • Jose Mourinho' side average 6.3 goals attempts on target per game this season, the most in the division. Middlesbrough's average per game of 2.4 is the lowest.
  • The suspended Zlatan Ibrahimovic accounts for nearly a quarter of Manchester United's attempts on goal in the Premier League this season (109 - 24.3%).
  • Antonio Valencia could make his 200th Premier League appearance.
SAM's verdict
Most probable score: 0-0Probability of draw: 37%
Probability of home win: 19%Probability of away win: 44%

SAM (Sports Analytics Machine) is a super-computer created by @ProfIanMcHale at the University of Salford that is used to predict the outcome of football matches.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Before the 90 mins was up, we had the most number of defenders fielded in a single match in our Premiere league history. Amazing!!!!:biggrin:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Aliou Traore agrees transfer deal with Manchester United

GOSSIP
Tom Olver for Metro.co.ukWednesday 29 Mar 2017 5:00 pm

aliou.jpg

Aliou Traore looks set to join Manchester United (Picture: Psg.fr)Manchester United are reportedly on the cusp of finalising a move for ex-Paris Saint-Germain starlet Aliou Traore ahead of the summer transfer window.

Traore left PSG by surprise in the summer of 2016 and a number of top European clubs have been monitoring the 16-year-old midfielder since his shock departure.

The Sun suggest Traore, who is being touted as a future France captain, has now agreed a deal to join up with the Red Devils.
Traore massively impressed while on trial with United back in February and scored in the academy’s 7-0 thumping of Burnley.

465886250.jpg

Jose Mourinho appears on the brink of signing the midfielder (Picture: Getty)It’s understood both Manchester City
and Juventus were also very keen on the highly-rated teenager but it appears Jose Mourinho’s United have landed their target.

The Premier League giants are also being heavily linked with a move for American youngster Will Vint.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2017/03/29/aliou...with-manchester-united-6541766/#ixzz4coCKS8Ol

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Man Utd boss Mourinho blasts his underachievers - and names names!

Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho was frustrated after their stalemate with West Brom.

Marcus Rashford, Jesse Lingard, Anthony Martial and Henrikh Mkhitaryan were the focus of Mourinho's post-match ire, having seen United fail to eke out victory as the race for the top four heats up.

"I think in football, especially in teams that want to win things, you need consistency in the individuals," he said in the press conference.

"In some others clubs, in some teams where you play for top 10, you play a player with talent is always welcome even if that talent is not consistent.

"Even if that talent is one day, yes, one day, no - in these teams at this level, you need to be consistent.

"And today for 90 minutes (Antonio) Valencia was consistent, Ashley Young was consistent, Marcos Rojo was consistent, (Eric) Bailly was consistent, (Marouane) Fellaini was consistent, (Michael) Carrick was consistent.

"And the other ones were not consistent.

"The other ones were a flash of talent, a glimpse of talent, one good action, almost goal and we need to kill opponents. This is deja vu all season.

"And when you score a goal against these teams, you don't win 1-0, you win three or 4-0 because you score a goal and then the game is open.

"Then you have a completely different story because then they have to play a different way and we are not consistent on this.........................

Read more at http://www.tribalfootball.com/artic...s-and-names-names-4175500#XBrY76BV6irvK7V3.99

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rashford is more suited for Sunday football. He's blessed with speed and that is it. Jose cannot blame Rashford as I thot the midfield service was poor with all the senseless and non penetrative passing.

Jesse Lingard made the effort but ran like a headless chicken all over the field. He's definitely not a big game player.

Mou should have left Henrikh on the field and taken Martial out. The latter was an absolute disgrace-no passion,lack the will to take on defenders,no imagination. Methinks he has put on quite a bit of weight and looked sluggish.

If these players dun play to the level that is expected of them,phase them out. Keep Henrikh.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Rashford is more suited for Sunday football. He's blessed with speed and that is it. Jose cannot blame Rashford as I thot the midfield service was poor with all the senseless and non penetrative passing.

Jesse Lingard made the effort but ran like a headless chicken all over the field. He's definitely not a big game player.

Mou should have left Henrikh on the field and taken Martial out. The latter was an absolute disgrace-no passion,lack the will to take on defenders,no imagination. Methinks he has put on quite a bit of weight and looked sluggish.

If these players dun play to the level that is expected of them,phase them out. Keep Henrikh.

I think at second half mourinho has accepted it's gonna be a draw n withdraw Henrik for Everton. already the west brom team is ganging on him whenever he has the ball and not to risk injury to him since he has lost mata.

Marshal looks unmotivated ever since his number 9 is taken away. really wasted. I thot the best strategy is to take on the defenders go into the box and maybe draw a penalty , something that Ashley love to do. both full backs are not adventurous perhaps wary of counter attacks.

frustrating game. clueless. mata could have snipped in one of those byline low passes.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think at second half mourinho has accepted it's gonna be a draw n withdraw Henrik for Everton. already the west brom team is ganging on him whenever he has the ball and not to risk injury to him since he has lost mata.

Marshal looks unmotivated ever since his number 9 is taken away. really wasted. I thot the best strategy is to take on the defenders go into the box and maybe draw a penalty , something that Ashley love to do. both full backs are not adventurous perhaps wary of counter attacks.

frustrating game. clueless. mata could have snipped in one of those byline low passes.

I'd wish he'd just tell the players to relax and enjoy the game, much like what Ferguson did. Sometimes it will bring out the best in the players rather than suffocating them with detailed instructions.
Like many Mancunians, we do not like to see players being dragged and shamed the way Mou did. United fans are a discerning lot. They know who are the non-performers.

Having said that, perhaps it is time for Mou to re-examine his strategies. In most of the stalemate home games, we had our first team on field. Just may be, it's not just about players but the tactics of the day.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's no excuse for Martial and his number 9 squad number. Any player worth his salt can play under any conditions. He's gone from good to bad and now anonymous.

Yup bro, you're right. We need individual flair and players that can take on defenders to unlock defence. We have a world class diver in Young and I thought we would be better off with Young playing as a left attacking midfielder ahead of Martial, with Darmian as left wing back.

Mou also had the option of Rooney as striker and move Rashford on the left wing.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How, can do one over the scousers?

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39414200
_95442945_ibra.jpg

Zlatan Ibrahimovic is available for Manchester United after serving a three-match domestic ban

TEAM NEWS

Manchester United will be bolstered by the return from suspension of Ander Herrera and Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
Paul Pogba (hamstring) is a doubt, while Juan Mata, Chris Smalling and Phil Jones are out, but Luke Shaw is set to return to the squad.

Everton manager Ronald Koeman has no new fitness concerns.
The game comes too soon for Morgan Schneiderlin, while Aaron Lennon, James McCarthy, Ramiro Funes Mori and Seamus Coleman are also injured.

MOTD COMMENTATOR'S NOTES

Martin Fisher: "Most United fans agree Jose Mourinho has been a significant upgrade on Louis van Gaal but the stats suggest they're being seriously short changed at Old Trafford.
"Saturday's stalemate with West Brom was their eighth home draw in the Premier League.
"The return of top scorer Zlatan Ibrahimovic from suspension is a welcome boost but other star names need to contribute more regularly if United are to successfully hunt down the top four.
"I think they're catching Everton at a good time. Recent injuries have highlighted the visitors' lack of depth, meaning too many youngsters are having to play pivotal roles.
"Keeping Romelu Lukaku quiet normally blunts the Blues and Mourinho should know how to do that better than most."
Twitter: @martfisher1

WHAT THE MANAGERS SAY

Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho on the battle for a top-four finish: "I go with mathematics.
"Until it's mathematically impossible, we keep trying and, because this week is a week without the Europa League, we have nothing to think about Europe so this week is easy from the focus point of view.
"We have to play Everton and Sunderland...after Sunderland comes the Europa League and then I don't know. It's then possible you see me play in the Premier League with a team where I'm going to protect the players I consider fundamental for the Europa League.
"But only if the results in the next matches put us in the situation where mathematically it becomes almost impossible [to finish in the top four]."
Everton manager Ronald Koeman: "It's difficult and maybe now more difficult because of the injuries we've had in the last week or so.
"In three or four days, we've not really had a long time to recover but for Manchester United its the same.
"We know that they have difficulties at home, maybe in the last few home results, but they had a lot of ball possession and were the better team in every game. They are still a really strong team."

LAWRO'S PREDICTIONS

Zlatan Ibrahimovic is back from suspension and Paul Pogba and Ander Herrera could be fit, so the big boys may be back for United. If they are, they will make a difference.
Prediction: 2-0

Lawro's full predictions v drum and bass pioneer Goldie

• Think you can do better than Lawro? Predict the score for this match and the rest of this round's Premier League fixtures in our Predictor game

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• Manchester United's only defeat in their last 23 home league meetings with Everton came in December 2013 (W18, D4).
  • The Toffees have scored in just five of their last 12 league visits to Old Trafford, with four of their eight goals in that period coming in a 4-4 draw in April 2012.

Manchester United

• Manchester United have gone 19 league games without defeat, their longest run since a 29-match spell between April 2010 and February 2011.
  • This is Jose Mourinho's longest unbeaten sequence in the Premier League since setting a 40-match streak with Chelsea in October 2005.
  • United have drawn eight league games at Old Trafford for the first time in a season since 1980-81, when they ended with a club record of 11.
  • The Red Devils have drawn 0-0 at home in seven league games since the start of last season.
  • They have lost only one of their last 36 home matches in all competitions, the 2-1 league defeat by Manchester City last September (W24, D10).
  • Manchester United's last seven goals in all competitions have been scored by seven different players.

Everton

• Everton have gone four Premier League away fixtures without a win, losing the last two.
  • Their only away victory in 15 attempts in the month of April came against Sunderland three years ago (D8, L6).
  • Ronald Koeman is vying to become the first manager in Premier League history to win three consecutive away games at Old Trafford.
  • Top scorer Romelu Lukaku has scored in just one of his 10 previous Premier League games against Manchester United, netting a hat-trick for West Brom at The Hawthorns in May 2013.
  • Only one of Lukaku's 11 league goals in 2017 has been scored away from home, in the 3-2 defeat at Spurs on 5 March.
SAM's verdict
Most probable score: 1-0Probability of draw: 27%
Probability of home win: 51%Probability of away win: 22%

SAM (Sports Analytics Machine) is a super-computer created by @ProfIanMcHale at the University of Salford that is used to predict the outcome of football matches.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
United have 57 points from 30 games this season. Van Gaal had 59, Moyes had 51 despite spending far less money

When are United fans going to stop trying to convince us that Mourinho is doing a great job, accept that he's done no better than Moyes and LVG and start demanding for his sacking?

Or have you just accepted that your club is europa league standard and come to expect nothing better?