• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Boy left in forest by parents now found alive

fanta

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's the good news. Should the parents be punished?

Would any SG parents leave their naughty children in Bukit Timah forest, etc?

http://www.todayonline.com/7-year-old-boy-missing-japan-forest-found-alive-rescuer

TOKYO — A seven-year-old boy missing since his parents abandoned him in a bear-inhabited forest in northern Japan as a punishment nearly a week ago was found alive on Friday (June 3), officials said.

The boy, apparently unharmed and in good health, was discovered inside a military base at about 7.50am (6.50am, SGT), a police spokesman said.

"A Self-Defence Force official who was on a drill found a boy whose age appeared to be seven," he said.

"There was no conspicuous external injury, and the boy introduced himself as Yamato Tanooka," the spokesman said.

Mr Manabu Takehara, a spokesman for the Self-Defence Forces, also confirmed that the boy was found.

"He looked in good health, but he was sent to hospital by medical helicopter" for a check-up, he told AFP.

The child had been missing since Saturday after his parents said they made him get out of their car on a mountain road as punishment for misbehaving.

He was reportedly without food or water.

The parents originally told police their son had got lost while they were out hiking to gather wild vegetables, but later admitted they became angry because he had thrown stones at cars and people.

'YES, I AM'

The local Hokkaido Shimbun newspaper said the boy had told police that on Saturday night he walked some distance to the hut on the military base.

The base is reportedly located some 5.5km northeast of where he went missing.

An unidentified Self-Defence Force official told national broadcaster NHK that there were two buildings on the perimeter of an exercise field, and that when the soldier opened the door of one of them he found the boy inside.

"When the official asked 'are you Yamato?' the boy said 'Yes, I am'."

Another military official also told NHK that the boy was hungry so the soldier who found him gave him something to eat.

Nippon TV said there was a tap outside the hut and that the boy had been drinking water from it while he sheltered there.

Japanese media interrupted regular programmes to broadcast news of the stunning development in the case which has drawn huge media attention — and criticism of the parents' actions.

The discovery was the top trending item on Twitter in Japan.

"Wow, he was found!" read one tweet.

"How come a child can survive only with water?" asked another.

Police rescuers and fire personnel initially led the search for the boy but after coming up empty-handed the local town of Nanae requested military support.

From Wednesday Japanese soldiers joined in the hunt in the rugged region, where heavy rains at times hampered the operation conducted in overgrown forest and through tall bushes.

Searchers had expressed frustration that they were unable to find any evidence of the boy's whereabouts.

Police have said they are considering filing neglect charges against his parents, according to Kyodo News.

"I feel very sorry for my child," the father told a television reporter earlier this week, as Japanese public opinion bubbled with outrage over the parents' actions.

"I am so sorry for causing trouble for many people." AFP

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hokkaido missing boy Yamato Tanooka found alive

Japanese missing boy Yamato Tanooka found alive in Hokkaido
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-36441612

A boy who went missing in remote woods in Japan after being left alone by his parents as a punishment has been found alive and well.
Seven-year-old Yamato Tanooka was found in military barracks near Shikabe town in northern Hokkaido, not far from where he was last seen on Saturday.

"There was no conspicuous external injury, and the boy introduced himself as Yamato Tanooka," he said.
He looked to be in good health but was taken to hospital by a medical helicopter.

RUN feels very happy about this news.
a comfort for humanity.

Last edited:

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Hokkaido missing boy Yamato Tanooka found alive

The boy was taken to a hospital in Hakodate in an apparent state of exhaustion. He was placed on an intravenous drip as he had symptoms of mild dehydration and hypothermia, a doctor there said. He had minor scratches on his arms and legs but was otherwise unharmed.

He was reunited with his family at the hospital.

Investigators said the boy told police he made his own way to the SDF facility, about 5 km from where he went missing.

“I was at the SDF facility since Saturday night. I didn’t have food so I just drank water,” police quoted him saying.

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/20...do-mountains-six-days-turns-sdf-training-site

n-missing-c-20160604-870x527.jpg

Reporters gather Friday at the hut that Yamato Tanooka said he sheltered in

04bd3d35e031434b813adb1fc103a311_original.jpg

Rescuers celebrate after a news that the missing boy was found

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal

LOL, the guard-duty personnel must answer how come their army camp can be infiltrated by a little boy. :biggrin:

tun_dr_m

Alfrescian
Loyal
Japs Ji Siao Kia threw Batu @ cars Dumped in forest 1 week found

7 yr old Japs Jii Siao Kia was dumped by parents in forests after angered parents by being naughtily stoning at cars, found by soldiers in army camp's training building, 4 km from where he was left alone.

Learned a good lession for throwibg batus at cars. Huat Ah!

http://news.asiaone.com/news/asia/japan-dad-apologises-abandoning-son-thanks-rescuers

Japan dad apologises for abandoning son, thanks rescuers
AFP, Reuters | Friday, Jun 3, 2016

Photo: Reuters

Tokyo - The father of a seven-year-old Japanese boy who went missing for nearly a week after his parents abandoned him in a mountain forest as punishment apologised on Friday hours after his son was found safe.

"My excessive act forced my son to have a painful time," Yamato Tanooka's father told reporters outside the hospital where his son was being treated.

Yamato was discovered in a building on a Japanese military base around 4 km (2.5 miles) from where he disappeared last Saturday after his parents left him by the side of a road, reportedly as discipline for throwing stones at cars.

"One of our soldiers was preparing for drills this morning and opened the door of a building on the base, and there he was," a member of Japan's Self-Defence Forces told NHK national television.

"When he asked 'are you Yamato?' the boy said yes. Then he said he was hungry, so the soldier gave him some water, bread and riceballs."

Yamato was taken to hospital for checks but was healthy except for low body temperature and would be kept overnight as a precaution, a doctor told a news conference.

A tearful Takayuki Tanooka, the boy's father, thanked rescuers for their efforts and apologised for causing trouble.

"We've reflected on what we did and it was really excessive," Tanooka said, his voice shaking.

"We - well, we loved him before, but I hope to give him even more attention now," he said.

"I deeply apologise to people at his school, people in the rescue operation, and everybody for causing them trouble," he added.

Yamato's parents first said he disappeared while they foraged for edible plants, but later told police they had left him by the road to discipline him after he threw stones at people and cars.

They said when they drove back a few minutes later the boy had disappeared.

The area is so remote that residents of the region say they rarely go through it.

The boy somehow managed to survive for nearly a week in the densely forested area, where night temperatures fell as low as 7 degrees Celsius (45 Fahrenheit) and heavy rain had fallen, despite wearing only a t-shirt and jeans.

Yamato said he had "walked through the mountains" until he found the building, which was unlocked. He drank water from a nearby faucet and slept on mattresses spread on the floor.

The search for Yamato gripped Japan. At its peak, it involved several hundred shouting rescuers beating through heavy bush, as well as soldiers on motorbikes and police on horseback.

News programmes gave regular updates throughout the week, and NHK sent a news flash when he was found.

The incident set off a flood of social media comment, with most of those posting comments lambasting the parents for their carelessness. On Friday, most expressed relief.

"To be honest, I was certain of a sad result. As the parent of a 7-year-old myself, all I can say is that I am really, really happy," one wrote.

tun_dr_m

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Japs Ji Siao Kia threw Batu @ cars Dumped in forest 1 week found

SG spoiled kids too Kuai Lan must also be taught good lessons. No place in Pee Sai can Throw in Boleh-land.

Tekkong? Ubin?

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

SG spoiled kids too Kuai Lan must also be taught good lessons. No place in Pee Sai can Throw in Boleh-land.

Tekkong? Ubin?

Sinkie jii siao kia must be thrown to stay with dr lee wee ling! let this bian tai cha bor discipline sinkie jii siao kia

stuffycunt

Alfrescian
Loyal

punishment by leaving a boy in the forest is too harsh, the father should just teach him a lesson by throwing stones at him

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

In sinkieland we just lock up naughty children in IMH for 2 weeks

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

Yamato Tanooka should learn from lustybear. Fling your booger not batu at cars. Be like lustybear.

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hope this ordeal will save him from becoming another Amos Yee

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

SAF used to have these Nissen Huts at Kranji and elsewhere.... anymore of these still around?

fupikee

Alfrescian
Loyal

I award the boy my Boy Scouts solo survival badge - past ! I won it 30 yrs ago.

september-11-day-of-remembrance-scout-salute-91112-25b9ce914d4debd8.jpg

Incredible!!! He is able to survive in the wilds for a week, without the food and environment that he is familiar with. This kid has a lot of luck...never get eaten up by a snake or crocodile (japese presumably should have crocs)...Good training for him...his parents ought to encourage him to learn even better survival skills in the wild!!!

tun_dr_m

Alfrescian
Loyal

Jii Siao Kia how he entered a Japs Army Camp? No security fense?

Was probably eating army combat ration left over for a week.

I threw away lots of my own SAF combat rations to save weight of my fulloack.

Incredible!!! He is able to survive in the wilds for a week, without the food and environment that he is familiar with. This kid has a lot of luck...never get eaten up by a snake or crocodile (japese presumably should have crocs)...Good training for him...his parents ought to encourage him to learn even better survival skills in the wild!!!

Last edited: