• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Only 5000 Sinkie Famlies moved to Johor? SUre or not? SHould be 10X that, at least

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
According to a 2014 estimate by the Johor-Singapore Community Care Association, about 5,000 Singaporean families have set up home across the Causeway.

Some are retirees, such as 68-year-old Amy Tan, who moved in 2014 after her husband retired. Others, such as Mr Ang Khartono Jamil Hanmin, 35, who works in events project management, still work in Singapore, but have chosen to live in Johor Baru and commute between the two cities daily.

Mr Ang says one could buy a terrace house in Johor Baru for the price of a three-room HDB flat in Singapore.

Cost of living was also the main reason behind Ms Noraini Mokhtar's move. The 47-year-old decided to become a stay-home mum five years ago. Bringing up six children on one income, she and her husband decided that living in Johor Baru would be more viable.

Cheaper cars are another draw. A BMW 320i Sedan Sport retails at $193,800 (after $5,000 CEVS rebate) in Singapore. Its equivalent costs RM231,800 (S$78,270) in Malaysia - about 60 per cent cheaper.

A 2.4-litre Honda Odyssey EXV costs $158,999 in Singapore and RM248,288 in Malaysia - almost half the price.

Singaporeans who take up the Malaysia My Second Home (MM2H) Programme are allowed to import one car into Malaysia or buy a locally made car with duty and sales tax exemptions.

In addition to the already substantial differences in car prices, these tax exemptions mean even bigger savings.

Moreover, when one buys a car in Malaysia, one can keep it for as long as one wishes, unlike in Singapore, where the car's certificate of entitlement (COE) has to be renewed every 10 years.

Cars are cheaper to maintain as well. The road tax in Johor Baru is RM200 a year for a 1.8-litre car, compared to S$929 in Singapore. Insurance premium for the same car is less than RM2,000 a year - before no-claim discount.

The pump price for 97-octane petrol is RM2.05 a litre, which works out to be about S$0.70 - less than half the price of the lowest- grade fuel in Singapore.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Only 5000 Sinkie Famlies moved to Johor? SUre or not? SHould be 10X that, at leas

According to a 2014 estimate by the Johor-Singapore Community Care Association, about 5,000 Singaporean families have set up home across the Causeway.

Some are retirees, such as 68-year-old Amy Tan, who moved in 2014 after her husband retired. Others, such as Mr Ang Khartono Jamil Hanmin, 35, who works in events project management, still work in Singapore, but have chosen to live in Johor Baru and commute between the two cities daily.

Mr Ang says one could buy a terrace house in Johor Baru for the price of a three-room HDB flat in Singapore.

Cost of living was also the main reason behind Ms Noraini Mokhtar's move. The 47-year-old decided to become a stay-home mum five years ago. Bringing up six children on one income, she and her husband decided that living in Johor Baru would be more viable.

Cheaper cars are another draw. A BMW 320i Sedan Sport retails at $193,800 (after $5,000 CEVS rebate) in Singapore. Its equivalent costs RM231,800 (S$78,270) in Malaysia - about 60 per cent cheaper.

A 2.4-litre Honda Odyssey EXV costs $158,999 in Singapore and RM248,288 in Malaysia - almost half the price.

Singaporeans who take up the Malaysia My Second Home (MM2H) Programme are allowed to import one car into Malaysia or buy a locally made car with duty and sales tax exemptions.

In addition to the already substantial differences in car prices, these tax exemptions mean even bigger savings.

Moreover, when one buys a car in Malaysia, one can keep it for as long as one wishes, unlike in Singapore, where the car's certificate of entitlement (COE) has to be renewed every 10 years.

Cars are cheaper to maintain as well. The road tax in Johor Baru is RM200 a year for a 1.8-litre car, compared to S$929 in Singapore. Insurance premium for the same car is less than RM2,000 a year - before no-claim discount.

The pump price for 97-octane petrol is RM2.05 a litre, which works out to be about S$0.70 - less than half the price of the lowest- grade fuel in Singapore.

Maybe it really make sense to rent out ones hdb flat i.e., 4 room for S$2.5k and live in jb where one could get more than RM7k. Buy or rent a terrace over in JB and retire over there.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Only 5000 Sinkie Famlies moved to Johor? SUre or not? SHould be 10X that, at leas

why the article never state the reason why these 5000 families moved to a 2nd world country is because they are sick of the PEE A PEE?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If you are one of those people staying in JB, do you need to apply an exit permit for your son:confused:

For male adults who are liable for reservist, do you have to return to Spore or are you considered living overseas:smile:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

when a zhi char store charged me $22 the other day,let me tell u this i was ready to pack my bags and call malaysia my second home.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal

when a zhi char store charged me $22 the other day,let me tell u this i was ready to pack my bags and call malaysia my second home.

Which zhi char store so sialan ?

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

How about Perth? How many families there? Melbourne? How many Singaporean core there? :confused:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

most sinkies who buy a home in jb hardly live there for prolonged periods of time. most homes there are sitting empty. there's a whole jb folder on this.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

If you are one of those people staying in JB, do you need to apply an exit permit for your son:confused:

For male adults who are liable for reservist, do you have to return to Spore or are you considered living overseas:smile:

If your son is studying in a uni in Malaysia or one of those satellite campus of foreign unis in KL, i suppose he can apply for exit permit. It should be considered he is studying overseas and its not like he can commute every day back and forth from KL. In that sense, he should be able to defer. For example, Monash University, University of Newcastle, University of Nottingham, etc have campuses in KL area. If he studies there should be able to get deferment and exit permit to do so, right?

If he completes his studies and come back to do NS, he is liable for reservist. But then, if he works in Malaysia, then I believe he can consider that as overseas work and its a legitimate excuse to avoid reservist.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Maybe it really make sense to rent out ones hdb flat i.e., 4 room for S$2.5k and live in jb where one could get more than RM7k. Buy or rent a terrace over in JB and retire over there.

For RM$7k a month, you can live like a king in JB. $2,500, you can't survive in singapore. The malaysians are playing that game for decades now. Commute to singapore, work in singapore, earn in sing dollars, and live and spend it in JB. Its a win win for them. SInkies should have been doing that for a long time, except they believe all the shit the SHit Times publishes about the crime rate and all that crap in JB. With 2 million or more 3rd world FTs here, the crime rate is also bad now.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

For RM$7k a month, you can live like a king in JB. $2,500, you can't survive in singapore. The malaysians are playing that game for decades now. Commute to singapore, work in singapore, earn in sing dollars, and live and spend it in JB. Its a win win for them. SInkies should have been doing that for a long time, except they believe all the shit the SHit Times publishes about the crime rate and all that crap in JB. With 2 million or more 3rd world FTs here, the crime rate is also bad now.

Crime is not that bad but people are vicious so when you meet robbers can be badly slashed . Of course pesky neighbours who are crooks is the biggest problem when you are suay to meet one. Stay away the best. What for when already know got mudlander said Johoreans especially hate Sporeans?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Crime is not that bad but people are vicious so when you meet robbers can be badly slashed . Of course pesky neighbours who are crooks is the biggest problem when you are suay to meet one. Stay away the best. What for when already know got mudlander said Johoreans especially hate Sporeans?

Btw can be burnt to death too while living in JB.

http://news.abs-cbn.com/global-filipino/06/09/15/family-seeks-justice-pinay-burned-death-malaysia
Family seeks justice for Pinay burned to death in Malaysia

MANILA - The family of a Filipina burned to death in Malaysia is appealing to the government for help as they continue to seek justice for their loved one.
Rovelyn ''Ruby'' Lloren Repotente, 35, was found burned to death inside her house in Johor Bahru last week, June 2, but until now her family does not have a clear picture of what really happened.

The victim's husband, identified as Nooraffie Bin Ariffin, earlier told the Lloren family that their house was robbed when he was not around and the criminals set the house on fire, in the process killing the Filipina.
Repotente was reportedly keeping money she was supposed to send home to her family in Polomok, South Cotabato when the crime happened.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Btw can be burnt to death too while living in JB.

http://news.abs-cbn.com/global-filipino/06/09/15/family-seeks-justice-pinay-burned-death-malaysia
Family seeks justice for Pinay burned to death in Malaysia

MANILA - The family of a Filipina burned to death in Malaysia is appealing to the government for help as they continue to seek justice for their loved one.
Rovelyn ''Ruby'' Lloren Repotente, 35, was found burned to death inside her house in Johor Bahru last week, June 2, but until now her family does not have a clear picture of what really happened.

The victim's husband, identified as Nooraffie Bin Ariffin, earlier told the Lloren family that their house was robbed when he was not around and the criminals set the house on fire, in the process killing the Filipina.
Repotente was reportedly keeping money she was supposed to send home to her family in Polomok, South Cotabato when the crime happened.

Inside job. She should shut her mouth and not tell her pinay buddies she has money in the house that she is keeping to send back to her family. They probably plotted the whole thing.

Count168

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hudud laws akan datang. Enjoy !

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal

If your son is studying in a uni in Malaysia or one of those satellite campus of foreign unis in KL, i suppose he can apply for exit permit. It should be considered he is studying overseas and its not like he can commute every day back and forth from KL. In that sense, he should be able to defer. For example, Monash University, University of Newcastle, University of Nottingham, etc have campuses in KL area. If he studies there should be able to get deferment and exit permit to do so, right?

If he completes his studies and come back to do NS, he is liable for reservist. But then, if he works in Malaysia, then I believe he can consider that as overseas work and its a legitimate excuse to avoid reservist.

Newcastle, university of reading, southampton, netherlands maritime institute based in iskandar.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Inside job. She should shut her mouth and not tell her pinay buddies she has money in the house that she is keeping to send back to her family. They probably plotted the whole thing.

Whatever it is. Still dead. Damn wicked and vicious people.