• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Older workers suffer the most.

jw5

Loyal
You had 3 ex-colleagues. Most are in their mid-50s....why not just say 'two'?

The one who is driving a taxi is a loser. The one who is a property agent has a chance to make it big if he can talk well. If he is lamenting about his previous fixed pay PMET job, then he probably isn't doing well in his sales either. He could switch lines to try his hand at security work.

Most is one word, two is also one word, what's wrong with saying most? :wink:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if older workers suffer the most,it is their fault......they should have learnt to save diligently during their younger years,how to invest in various income producing assets and learning how to achieve financial independence before the age of 35.a human being only have so many productive working years,by the time they are late 40s and early 50s they should be looking towards slowing down and cutting down their expenses due to falling earning power,not figuring out how to jumpstart their career.anyone schooled in the realm of economics should know that return on capital far exceeds return on labour.the average wage of the global workforce has grown by less than 2 percent a year in the past 30 years while the returns/growth of the wealth of the richest 1 percent have averaged steadily at nearly 6 percent per annum.the poor and middle class works for money,the rich gets money to work for them..depending on a salary is sufficient to doom you to a life of mediocrity.it is not sufficient to just depend on ur HDB and CPF.HDB and CPF are not assets,they are sinkholes that suck money from your pocket and do not generate any returns for you during the 30 years u are working to pay off ur mortgage,bills,renovation,repairs,taxes and living in it.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
old sinkie ladies in sg having a good time playing bingo....

image.jpg

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
old sinkie ladies in sg having a good time playing bingo....

View attachment 26370

im not a alien conspiracy theorists,this photo looks perfectly normal in any other circumstances except it looks like engineered wayang by the PAP in SG.they look too well and contented to must have eaten a packet of nasi lemak and taken a free transport before arriving at the bingo game.

jw5

Loyal
on the contrary, i see sinkie uncles everyday having a good time taking pics of their meals at kopitiams in hdb estates.

View attachment 26369

i will continue to provide irrefutable photographic proof of how older sinkies enjoy their lives in sg. i will walk the ground and give you a first-hand reporting experience. :biggrin:

That's food critic Seetoh and taking pictures of food is his job. It would be great though if you could post pictures of older sinkies in aircon kopiroti outlets. :wink:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's food critic Seetoh and taking pictures of food is his job. It would be great though if you could post pictures of older sinkies in aircon kopiroti outlets. :wink:

yeah makes me wonder why kopitiams dont have aircon?the weather in sg is so freakin hot nowadays.i notice many of the tiong shi chuan mala restaurants near kopitiams and hawkers and hdb flats are air conditioned......fucking sinkies too cheapo to put aircon in their kopitiams?can pay 21 mil for kopitiam cannot install air con?

jw5

Loyal
yeah makes me wonder why kopitiams dont have aircon?the weather in sg is so freakin hot nowadays.i notice many of the tiong shi chuan mala restaurants near kopitiams and hawkers and hdb flats are air conditioned......fucking sinkies too cheapo to put aircon in their kopitiams?can pay 21 mil for kopitiam cannot install air con?

If they install aircon, the economy rice which used to be an economical $3 would cost an astronomical $6. :biggrin:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

ah hia like me prefer to tough it out in non-air-conned kopitiams, like this where sinkie uncles are happily having their usual kopi and over-supply of roti.

image.jpg

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
how about early in the morning in a hawker center in sg? already thronged with folks, including old folks, walking around, waiting in line, and seated down for makan. besides the 1000-yard stare of one ah pek, what suffering are you referring to? this one is from my own photo library.

image.jpg

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi Kraft, I am sorry to hear that. Maybe he can join you in oz too.
Hope that he has good savings to tide him over during unemployment.

I know how it feels, our company recently had an R excercise this month.
Morale is low.....the younger engineers are leaving......

Got a feeling this is not the end of the R exercise........
But......life has to go on....

Many people are aware of this unofficial retirement age in Spore. When you hit your 40's you better get ready to be replaced by someone younger & cheaper.

Frankly papigs knew this and related problems, They just turned blind eye in blind pursuit of increasing GDP via population size by bringing in shiploads of f trashes at complete expense of sgian - you die your biz, as WP oso cannot help you BUT we need to help ourselves as we need to be paid millions in salaries and perks till hell freezes over.
Remember Jobs Bank?? Took so long to implement and promises a cure BUT never did as it is nothing more than an oasis in the Sahara desert. A big bullshit giving sgian painful false hopes as their e2i and WDA which is there not to help sgian but to put them on wild goose chase as it is now known that in 2015 there were only 100 jobs available and most of them gone to PRs or f trashes brought in PAP to screw sgian,
PAP was aware of hollowing out singaporean cores across the economy but chose not to do anything about it. If they were truly not aware of the core erosion, are they fit to govern?? Why are there a lot more f trashes in finance and banking industries than there are sgian? Who allowed this trend to go north to Mumbai?
DisGraceFu summed up recent debate regarding measures to be taken by govt to turn the curve around but added that sgian must to their part to make it happen... what fucking statement is that?? Heads you win, tails we lose??? PAP fucked it up & PAP shall fix them esp when they are paid so much to do all the right things and papigs have access to all the buttons and levers of powers. Dun ever make such stupid statement like that...... it is plain dis graceful & to govern like that any fool can do, even Harban Singh - bless his bayee soul

Hi bro, you can encourage your brother to attend the upcoming SDP's BB by-election rallies. Coming soon at Bukit Batok from 28 April to 5 May. (More details will be provided soon). It does not matter that he is a PAP supporter now. He can attend the rallies even if he is not staying in Bukit Batok. He may hear and learn something new during the rallies that will help him understand the importance of having good opposition representation in our SG Parliament. The next GE is not too far way, given the way time flies! :smile:

sorry bro, this bro of mine is a pro pap.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Many people are aware of this unofficial retirement age in Spore. When you hit your 40's you better get ready to be replaced by someone younger & cheaper.

Frankly papigs knew this and related problems, They just turned blind eye in blind pursuit of increasing GDP via population size by bringing in shiploads of f trashes at complete expense of sgian - you die your biz, as WP oso cannot help you BUT we need to help ourselves as we need to be paid millions in salaries and perks till hell freezes over.
Remember Jobs Bank?? Took so long to implement and promises a cure BUT never did as it is nothing more than an oasis in the Sahara desert. A big bullshit giving sgian painful false hopes as their e2i and WDA which is there not to help sgian but to put them on wild goose chase as it is now known that in 2015 there were only 100 jobs available and most of them gone to PRs or f trashes brought in PAP to screw sgian,
PAP was aware of hollowing out singaporean cores across the economy but chose not to do anything about it. If they were truly not aware of the core erosion, are they fit to govern?? Why are there a lot more f trashes in finance and banking industries than there are sgian? Who allowed this trend to go north to Mumbai?
DisGraceFu summed up recent debate regarding measures to be taken by govt to turn the curve around but added that sgian must to their part to make it happen... what fucking statement is that?? Heads you win, tails we lose??? PAP fucked it up & PAP shall fix them esp when they are paid so much to do all the right things and papigs have access to all the buttons and levers of powers. Dun ever make such stupid statement like that...... it is plain dis graceful & to govern like that any fool can do, even Harban Singh - bless his bayee soul

So after getting retrenched and all that, will your elder bro still support and vote for PAP?

unlikely, i heard him telling my mum that WP is "pai lang tong" which means they are the bad guys!:o

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

That sound like a colleague I used to work with, for many years. He has a bagful of Certificates aka Upgrading, he was a believer in that, way before the shitty Skills Future today...what did those bagful of ? do for him....he gets plenty of rejection after he was retrenched from a managerial position in a Financial Institution....last heard, working as a door to door salesman...

He was not the only one I know on the 'wagon trail' of upgrading in qualifications , accreditation etc....whatever...I know many, whose doors get slammed in their faces..for (1) They are Singaporeans (2) Too qualified (3) We "prefer females", (4) "you are too old"...

Like your brother...many of these I know have few vices...... what's the use of all these upgrading etc..when, doors get slammed in your faces?? the excuses is "for we can get plenty of Foreigners out there" just one of the excuses ....can one not get Xenophobic over this...when your belly is hungry!:mad:

sinkies at our age face a very uncertain future. thanks to PAP again, to think that michael and david from PAP get go around fucking their grassroots really shows that we have a very incapable PM. look at the useless ministars in his cabinet like singer lim, $8 cow. i think pm have his brain in his arse, normal pple have brains in their head.:rolleyes:

jw5

Loyal
ah hia like me prefer to tough it out in non-air-conned kopitiams, like this where sinkie uncles are happily having their usual kopi and over-supply of roti.

View attachment 26371

People will always go to non aircon kopitiams because they still need to eat and gossip. Aircon kopiroti outlets are where the action is. If they are packed with sinkies including oldies, things are well. :wink: