• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Would I Die For Singapore? No Thanks!

chittychitty

Alfrescian
Loyal
The worst thing you could do during Chinese New Year was to ask Singaporeans about death.

Sibei pantang.

I remember a friend’s son who worked in the Civil Defence. When he wanted to get married, he suggested using an SCDF ambulance as the bridal car because he thought it was cool. He almost got disowned.

In fact, asking kiasi Singaporeans whether they will die for anything is like asking whether Donald Trump’s hair is real.

We are a nation that has embodied kiasism and make it into a fine artform. We are simply afraid to die.

Pedantry aside (WTF is We Are Majulah? – asks the Mak Chik), if you asked me whether I’d die for Singapore, I’d say: `must die one meh?’

I’d work hard for Singapore. I’d be law abiding. I’d pay my taxes and the ERP and the COE and the CPF and promised not to kill the neighbourhood stray cats. Heck I’d even vote for the PAP.

But the moment I felt that my life was being threatened, I’d run. Why shouldn’t I?

Because I don’t have the confidence that my neighbours, and friends and colleagues and the politicians would stay and fight. If even Ministers’ children could have dual-citizenships, why should I be stupid to stay on? To protect the new citizens who wouldn’t have taken our passports if they had to serve NS, or who took our passports as a jumping stone to another country?

No thank you.

Even the Policemen during the Little India riots were afraid to die.

See more at Would I Die For Singapore? No Thanks!

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The worst thing you could do during Chinese New Year was to ask Singaporeans about death.

Sibei pantang.

I remember a friend’s son who worked in the Civil Defence. When he wanted to get married, he suggested using an SCDF ambulance as the bridal car because he thought it was cool. He almost got disowned.

In fact, asking kiasi Singaporeans whether they will die for anything is like asking whether Donald Trump’s hair is real.

We are a nation that has embodied kiasism and make it into a fine artform. We are simply afraid to die.

Pedantry aside (WTF is We Are Majulah? – asks the Mak Chik), if you asked me whether I’d die for Singapore, I’d say: `must die one meh?’

I’d work hard for Singapore. I’d be law abiding. I’d pay my taxes and the ERP and the COE and the CPF and promised not to kill the neighbourhood stray cats. Heck I’d even vote for the PAP.

But the moment I felt that my life was being threatened, I’d run. Why shouldn’t I?

Because I don’t have the confidence that my neighbours, and friends and colleagues and the politicians would stay and fight. If even Ministers’ children could have dual-citizenships, why should I be stupid to stay on? To protect the new citizens who wouldn’t have taken our passports if they had to serve NS, or who took our passports as a jumping stone to another country?

No thank you.

I am disturbed by your attitude TS, i mean if you don't fight in my place i cannot run away fast enough.

harimau

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore dun need you to die for it.

There are already many people dying in Singapore everyday!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think most people pretty much around the World will talk just like that. But when the prospect of conflict with another country starts to loom, most people will be ready to draw arms and it has nothing do with the government of the day and in Singapore it won't be because of the PAP.

Except for a small few who either are too poor to own assets or have enough overseas, the rest will fight for what they worked hard for. If they run and hope to return, nobody is going to hand them back their assets when peace returns.

It also shows that some folks cannot differentiate between the country and the government.

No thank you.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I think most people pretty much around the World will talk just like that. But when the prospect of conflict with another country starts to loom, most people will be ready to draw arms and it has nothing do with the government of the day and in Singapore it won't be because of the PAP.

Except for a small few who either are too poor to own assets or have enough overseas, the rest will fight for what they worked hard for. If they run and hope to return, nobody is going to hand them back their assets when peace returns.

It also shows that some folks cannot differentiate between the country and the government.

If you are going to use what happened on 9 Aug 1990 as a reference, that was a generation or two and 26 years ago.

Fast forward to 2016, most folks can't differentiate between the country and the government now. Singapore = PAP, you might vote for them but its not the same as dying for them.

Whats4

Alfrescian
Loyal

Then pap will come back n claim credit n continue with their millions. Sinkies will continue slogging their ass out

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
Almost all Sinkies don't even own a piece of land in Sinkieland. All the HDB pigeonhole land is owned by the PAP govt, all the 45yr, 60yr, 99yr leasehold land is ultimately owned by the PAP govt. Only a very tiny percentage of Sinkies own freehold land in Sinkieland.

There's really not much for Sinkie peasants to fight and die for when they don't even own a piece of land in their own country.

Why should Sinkie peasants fight and die to protect the land assets of the super rich land owners and super rich PAP aristocrats who control most of the land?

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
How about, after you die for Peesai, you get ALL your CPF back! One big lump sum.

Cheers!

My friend was invited to a house warming party in district 15.

He told me the real truth and the hard truth. He brought his son along to swim in the condo.

When he took the plunge into the pool, he realize that he is the only chinese in the pool.

Clearly, if a war breaks out i don't think he will ask his son to fight and die for those foreign owners of their properties.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

No. Asset not necessary to be property or sing dollar. Can be art or gold or us dollar, all good on the run and banks are all global now. Few others but the poorest sinkie with most of their assets tied up in property or families with young children/infirmed elderly will have no choice but to fight. You put too much faith in sinkies, but as you said most people in the world are like that. 3 in 10 is good estimate. If they die for singapore, it is incidental, not with some patriotic fervour like silly man who make video.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

What does a middle class own in sinkapore that is truly theirs? Not your CPF. Not your flat.

Sinkapore is indefensible.

The PAP has defined Sinkapore = PAP. The civil servants work for the PAP, not the people. The judges kowtow if not working for the PAP.
What country are you talking about? There is no country, just PAP land.

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yes, yes, yes! All the PAP's white horses will start to draw arms and lead us peasant soldiers to fight the enemies.

Hello, wake up lah! Crazy TPX.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
in sg, it's die die must try...not die die for cuntry. :p

image.jpg

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If Singapore is ever invaded, the grassroots leaders will fight to the bitter end. No surrender!

jw5

Loyal
Yes, yes, yes! All the PAP's white horses will start to draw arms and lead us peasant soldiers to fight the enemies.

Hello, wake up lah! Crazy TPX.

PAP scholars make the best internet forum Tua Pau Xian. :wink:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Why do soldiers fight? Short answer : Duty, Honour, Country (Motto for the US Military Academy at West Point)

I don't feel it's my duty to defend what is not mine
There is no honour in dying for a self-serving government and for FTs. More like stupidity.
Country? What country? We're just a city. And most of what we "own" isn't ours.

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why do soldiers fight? Short answer : Duty, Honour, Country (Motto for the US Military Academy at West Point)

I don't feel it's my duty to defend what is not mine
There is no honour in dying for a self-serving government and for FTs. More like stupidity.
Country? What country? We're just a city. And most of what we "own" isn't ours.

So very true! Do you seriously think PAP will allow you to live out your 99-year pigeon hole? Hahaha. Before the pigeon hole's 51st birthday, PAP will already be drawing up plans to evict you out of it.

iluvgst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Almost all Sinkies don't even own a piece of land in Sinkieland. All the HDB pigeonhole land is owned by the PAP govt, all the 45yr, 60yr, 99yr leasehold land is ultimately owned by the PAP govt. Only a very tiny percentage of Sinkies own freehold land in Sinkieland.

There's really not much for Sinkie peasants to fight and die for when they don't even own a piece of land in their own country.

Why should Sinkie peasants fight and die to protect the land assets of the super rich land owners and super rich PAP aristocrats who control most of the land?

simply becos 69.9% are daft