• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Man on rape trial of 12-year-old girl

Kenshi

Alfrescian
Loyal

Man on rape trial asked 12-year-old to be his 'girlfriend' 30 minutes after first chatting with her

Crane operator Lee Seow Peng is accused of raping a 12-year-old girl three days after meeting her through a mobile phone messaging app.

201512222_leeseow.jpg

Photo: The New Paper

Shaffiq Alkhatib
Wednesday, Dec 30, 2015

She told him she was 13 the first time they chatted, on May 27, 2012.

Just half an hour later, after a series of text messages, crane operator Lee Seow Peng, 39, asked the girl to be his girlfriend. At that time she was actually still 12, as she was a few days shy of turning 13.

Lee is now accused of one count each of rape, sexually grooming a minor and attempting to procure the commission of an indecent act by the girl. He allegedly committed these offences in May and June that year.

On the seventh day of his trial yesterday, the court heard that about two hours into the chat, he started talking about giving her a "good feel" (sic).

The chat became more sexually suggestive as it progressed. He later told her: "Love you so much."

Deputy Public Prosecutor (DPP) Jasmine Chin-Sabado told the court that the pair chatted again the next day.

This time round, he asked the girl: "Kiss you where (sic)?"

He even suggested that they have sex in his car.

The court heard that the messages became more sexually explicit on May 29, 2012 - the day of the alleged rape.

Besides talking about sexual acts with her, he also messaged her about going to a "no people place" (sic) and a "lover will go place" (sic) where they could talk inside his car.

When DPP Chin-Sabado grilled him, he denied sexually grooming the child. He also denied that he had the intention of having sex with her.

He added: "I don't think that way. Just saying nonsense in the Internet world - couldn't put this in real life."

And he gave similar replies about 10 more times whenever the prosecution asked him why he had sent the girl such sexually charged and suggestive messages.

Lee also repeatedly stressed that he was just "patronising" the girl.

For instance, when DPP Chin-Sabado asked him yesterday if he was trying to make the girl believe that she was in a relationship with him, he replied: "I said such things in the Internet world. But I don't love her. It's just a game in the Internet world. It's not real."

Lee admitted that he met her on May 29, 2012. But he testified that he wanted to meet the girl only for coffee and denied having any sexual contact with her that day.

DPP Chin-Sabado then pointed out that there was a fall in the number of messages between the pair after that meeting. While there were 275 messages on May 29, 2012, the number dwindled to only eight by June 2 that year.

When she asked Lee if it was not important to message the girl as much any more as he had got what he wanted, he replied: "(I) disagree."

However, the prosecution pointed out that there were 131 messages on June 3, 2012 - the same day he started talking about sex with the girl again.

For instance, he talked about going to a hotel with her. He also talked about buying and using a sex toy on her.

When asked why he sent the girl such messages, he replied: "I was merely saying things."

The trial resumes today.

Kenshi

Alfrescian
Loyal

Man on trial for raping 12-year-old girl: 'If I were such a jerk, the first victim would be my daughter'

20151229_lee-seow-peng_tnp.jpg

Crane operator Lee Seow Peng. Photo: The New Paper

Shaffiq Alkhatib
Tuesday, Dec 29, 2015

He is accused of raping a 12-year-old girl at their first meeting after having exchanged text messages over the phone.

But crane operator Lee Seow Peng, now 39, told the court yesterday that the girl was the one who had sent the suggestive and sexually-charged messages first.

Taking the stand for the first time on the sixth day of his trial, he told Judicial Commissioner Hoo Sheau Peng: "I was merely patronising her... I only chatted with her as a friend."

Lee, who is not represented by a lawyer, is accused of one count each of rape, sexually grooming a minor and attempting to procure the commission of an indecent act by the girl.

He allegedly committed these offences in May and June 2012.

Speaking through a Mandarin interpreter, he denied committing the offences.

He said his wife, who has a 19-year-old daughter from a previous relationship, would leave the teenager with him whenever she returned to her home country.

"If I were such a jerk, I think the first victim would be my daughter," he said.

Lee also recounted his version of what took place on May 29, 2012 - the day of the alleged rape.

He said he could not recall who initiated the meeting that day as they had exchanged many messages.

He added that he texted her after work at around 7.20pm and they agreed to meet that evening. He drove from Hougang to meet her at a bus stop near the Bukit Batok Golf Centre.

He said that after they made their introductions, she entered his multi-purpose vehicle. He suggested that they go for tea at a coffee shop.

But Lee testified that he continued driving as she "didn't want a place nearby".

He decided to go to the Chinese Garden and once there, they walked around the area.

He said they returned to his vehicle at around 8.30pm when the girl "felt pain in her leg".

About 10 minutes later, they went to a nearby fast-food restaurant to buy a burger set each.

After that, Lee said he drove the girl to her home in the western part of Singapore and they reached their destination at around 9.10pm.

He said: "I did not rape her. I have no motives against her. My wife told me: 'You did not do it, face (the charges) bravely'. So, I must live not only for myself, but also for my family."

The trial continues today.

Kenshi

Alfrescian
Loyal

Man accused of raping 12-year-old: Accused's claims too 'incredible'

Crane operator Lee Seow Peng is accused of one count each of rape, sexual grooming and attempting to get the victim to perform an indecent act.

20160109_chinesegarden.jpg

Photo: The New Paper

Ronald Loh
Sunday, Jan 10, 2016

The prosecution and the defence made their closing submissions yesterday in the trial of a man accused of raping a 12-year-old after meeting her through a mobile messaging app.

Prosecution:

He was a selfish man bent on using the young girl for his own sexual purposes, Deputy Public Prosecutor Jasmine Chin-Sabado told the court yesterday.

To show that crane operator Lee Seow Peng had raped and sexually groomed the then-12-year-old girl, as well as attempted to get her to perform a sex act, Ms Chin-Sabado cited the following reasons:

SEXUALLY-CHARGED MESSAGES

After getting to know the girl, who cannot be named due to a gag order, Lee exchanged hundreds of sexually-suggestive messages with her on May 27, 2012.

He allegedly raped her in the backseat of his car - an act he has denied doing - two days later.

But Ms Chin-Sabado pointed out that one particular message showed that Lee did have sex with the girl.

This was a text from Lee to the girl on June 3 that year, when he said: "Wait I see you and I go hot again than u bec tired again..." (sic)

Ms Chin-Sabado charged that the use of the word "again" referred to an earlier occasion when Lee was sexually aroused by the girl.

This must have been on May 29, 2012 - the only time they met - when he picked her up and drove to the Chinese Garden carpark, she said.

ACCUSED MEANT WHAT HE SAID IN HIS MESSAGES

During the trial, Lee said he had sent sexually-charged messages to the girl, but did not mean what he had said.

"It's just a game in the Internet world. It's not real," he said on Dec 29.

But Ms Chin-Sabado pointed out that Lee had shared his actual age, occupation, and even photographs of his vehicle.

She told the court: "This is inconsistent with his assertion that information on the Internet cannot be believed and are not real."

ACCUSED'S VERSION OF WHAT HAPPENED THAT DAY WAS UNBELIEVABLE

Lee claimed during the trial that he had driven from his workplace in Hougang to the girl's school in the west to meet her to chat and have coffee.

But Ms Chin-Sabado said Lee's version of events was "incredible" given that he drove across the island after a long day of work just to chat for five to 10 minutes with the girl.

"One would note that the travel time far exceeds the amount of time he purportedly spent with the victim.

"The accused brought the victim to a secluded place in the late evening, where there were no coffee shops or buildings nearby as shown by the map. Furthermore, five to 10 minutes is hardly sufficient time to have coffee."

She said the prosecution has proven its case beyond a reasonable doubt and urged the court to convict Lee on all three charges.

Defence:

I did not do it.

Yesterday, Lee, who is representing himself, maintained his plea of innocence based on the following points in his submissions:

NO DNA EVIDENCE

Lee told the court yesterday that police officers had failed to do the necessary DNA tests on the girl and himself after he was accused of rape.

In December, investigation officer Station Inspector Colin Ng told the court that police officers had swabbed the front passenger seat of Lee's car even though the girl was allegedly raped in the backseat.

"DNA could prove everything. In law, what's important is the evidence... Something important (the police) did not do."

GIRL INITIATED SEXUALLY-CHARGED CONVERSATION

Lee told the court he first got to know the girl via an adult chat group on May 27, 2012, and claimed it was she who started talking about sex.

The first message she sent him was a question about the length of his middle finger, he said.

When he asked her why, she replied that the middle finger usually indicated the size of a man's penis, he said.

"Talking about sex... It was not I who initiated it," he said.

PARKED AT CARPARK ENTRANCE

After picking up the girl near her school on May 29, 2012, Lee drove to the Chinese Garden carpark.

He said he parked at the carpark entrance - a busy spot where people and cars frequently passed by.

"That place is not deserted. It's a place for lovers. And if it's a place for lovers, how could you say there was no one around.

"Would I rape someone in such a location?"

Lee wrapped up his submissions by asking Judicial Commissioner Hoo Sheau Peng to find him not guilty of the three charges.

About the case

Crane operator Lee Seow Peng is accused of raping a 12-year-old girl three days after meeting her through a mobile phone messaging app.

Lee, now 39, got in touch with the then-Secondary 1 student online on May 26, 2012. They met three days later when he allegedly raped her in the backseat of his multi-purpose vehicle.

On June 3 that year, Lee allegedly attempted to arrange another meeting with the girl to have sex with her again.

Her mother discovered his message and the girl then told her about the alleged rape. The girl's parents then made a police report.

On Dec 16, 2015, Lee pleaded not guilty to one count each of rape, sexually grooming a minor and attempting to get the girl to perform an indecent act.

Judicial Commissioner Hoo Sheau Peng will deliver her verdict on Jan 29.

If found guilty of rape, Lee could be jailed up to 20 years and given at least 12 strokes of the cane. For the second charge, he could be jailed up to three years and fined. For the third charge, he could be jailed up to five years and fined up to $10,000.

Kenshi

Alfrescian
Loyal

Man who had sex with girl, 12, gets 12 years' jail and caning

st_20160414_serape14_2215055.jpg

Crane operator Lee Seow Peng was found guilty of statutory rape, sexual grooming of a minor and attempting to get the minor to perform an indecent act. He met his 12-year-old victim through a mobile phone messaging app.TNP FILE

Published 1 hour ago
Selina Lum

A 39-year-old married man who had sex with a 12-year-old girl in the backseat of his car three days after meeting her through a mobile phone messaging application, was yesterday sentenced to 12 years' jail and nine strokes of the cane.

Crane operator Lee Seow Peng had been found guilty of statutory rape, sexual grooming of a minor and attempting to get the minor to perform an indecent act, in January following a nine-day trial.

Prosecutors described it as a case that "embodies every parent's nightmare", pointing to the convergence of social issues arising from the "accessibility of... mobile technology... the false protection in its anonymity, the threat of sexual predators on the prowl of easy prey and... youthful naivety and pubescent curiosity in sexual matters".

The prosecution sought at least 11 years' jail and six strokes of the cane for Lee, noting how he abused the Internet to meet the victim, who was 24 years younger, and cultivated her for sex by professing "sweet nothings of love" to her.

Lee, who is married to a Chinese national in Singapore on a tourist pass, is out on bail of $100,000 pending his appeal.

During the trial, the High Court heard that Lee, going by "Lucifer", met the girl via the app on May 26, 2012. The next morning, half an hour after they began communicating, Lee asked her to be his girlfriend. Over the next two days, he flirted with her on WhatsApp, saying he would bring her to a "no people place (sic)" and a "lover will go place (sic)".

On May 29, he picked her up in his car near her school, drove to a carpark in Chinese Garden and had sex with her in the backseat of his multi-purpose vehicle.

The girl testified that she was a virgin at the time and had never gone out alone with another male person.

On June 3 that year, Lee tried to arrange another meeting with her, this time for sex at a hotel. But her mother found the messages. Her parents later made a police report.

Lee, who had no lawyer, contested the charges against him. He claimed his declarations of love to her were "just a game in the Internet world".

Judicial Commissioner Hoo Sheau Peng convicted him, rejecting his defence that he drove the girl to Chinese Garden for a walk and a chat.

But the judicial commissioner said that it had not been proven beyond reasonable doubt that Lee had sex with the girl without her consent; she continued to communicate with him in a "positive frame of mind" after they had sex.

During the trial, it emerged that investigators took swabs from the front passenger seat of Lee's car instead of the backseat. The swabs were never sent for analysis.

Station Inspector Colin Ng's handling of the case was "unsatisfactory" but no prejudice was caused to Lee, said the judicial commissioner.

Police confirmed Station Insp Ng was being investigated internally. "Police officers are expected to adhere strictly to established investigation procedures," a spokesman said. "Disciplinary action will be taken against those who are found to be negligent."