• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MACS application only done in Singapore now

FXHarvest

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've just applied for MACS this morning.

Documents needed (if have property in JB) are:

1) Original and photocopy of S&P
2) Original and photocopy of passport
3) Passport-size photograph

If you forgot to photocopy, the service is available at the info counter, cost is RM2 per page.

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've just applied for MACS this morning.

Documents needed (if have property in JB) are:

1) Original and photocopy of S&P
2) Original and photocopy of passport
3) Passport-size photograph

If you forgot to photocopy, the service is available at the info counter, cost is RM2 per page.

thanks for info. Do they impose the rule about passport having at least 3 years expiry left or something like dat ?

FXHarvest

Alfrescian
Loyal
I did not ask, but from what I know passport need at least 2 years of validity.

Also to note that for the photocopy of S&P, just the cover page will do. :wink:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Just to add, for those applying for MACS on basis of property ownership in Johor, must also bring along SAJ/TNB utilities slips for proof.

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
New requirements? We just did ours yesterday at Danga Bay IRDA the officer did not request for it. If property is B.U.C this additional requirement might pose some challenge.

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
New requirements? We just did ours yesterday at Danga Bay IRDA the officer did not request for it. If property is B.U.C this additional requirement might pose some challenge.

Can do MACS at Danga Bay? I was told only in Singapore?

Sambalicious

Third (or Turd) Link Pte Ltd announced this last 12 June 2018. The MACS pass application has been suspended as of 12 June 2018. So bloody how?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-06-19 at 1.12.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-19 at 1.12.35 PM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 317

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
MAC can only be done at Danga Bay (IRDA office) now. The one in Orchard Parade Hotel (Singapore) has been suspended until further notice.

MACS APPLICATION COUNTER Iskandar Regional Development Authority (IRDA) #G-01, Block 8 Danga Bay, Jalan Skudai 80200 Johor Bahru Johor, Malaysia Tel No: +607-2333000 Fax No: +607-2333001 The opening hours: Sunday to Wednesday 8.30 am - 4.00 pm Operation Hour 1.00 pm - 2.00 pm Lunch Hour

http://www.imi.gov.my/images/fail_perkhidmatan_utama/2018/MACS-new.pdf

EDTBA

Alfrescian
Loyal
I went to IRDA last Sunday to renew my MACS but was told by the immigration officer the MACS program has stopped. No reasons were given :-(

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
I went to IRDA last Sunday to renew my MACS but was told by the immigration officer the MACS program has stopped. No reasons were given :-(
Was told recently by a JB immigration officer that MACS was abolished due to misuse. Probably they come to realize that those who don't have long term pass have been staying and traversing between JB and Singapore on a daily basis. Anyway, with Mahathir in rule, expect to see more turbulence in the relationship between Singapore and Malaysia.

myrsing

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Frequent Traveller Programme (FTP) allows eligible travellers to enjoy convenient immigration clearance via automated clearance facilities – also known as the enhanced-Immigration Automated Clearance System (eIACS) – at Singapore Checkpoints. The FTP is free.

Eligibility

You are eligible to apply for FTP if you are (i) a APEC Business Travel Card (ABTC) Holder; or (ii) hold a passport issued by an eligible country/region and meet the corresponding criteria.
  • Your passport is valid for more than six months,
  • You have visited Singapore at least two times in the previous 24 months*, and
  • You are aged six and above, unless otherwise stated below.
Eligible Countries/Regions/Group

Country/Region/Group
Additional Criteria

Australia - Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR)
Malaysia
New Zealand
People's Republic of China (PRC)
Thailand
United Kingdom (UK)Your passport bears "GBR" as the country code.

https://www.ica.gov.sg/enteringanddeparting/visitor/ftp

Malaysians are so lucky. By having FTP, they enter Spore thru Express clearance. Passports no need to chop or endorse thus save pages. Its FREE! Free stay for 60 days out of 90 days every 3 months. No questions asked by ICA officers.

Whereas Sporeans are treated like "illegal" immigrants. Quizzed by Msians immigration officers at counters. No MACS for Spore frequent travellers. Long Q at bus bay. Passports indiscriminately chopped on our passports! Feel very unwelcome, indeed!