• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MACS application only done in Singapore now

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe you are investor and have an SPA for your property, then the old rate of RM30 still applies.

Yes but I also have a helper who is on MACS so now I'm not sure if they will renew her's.

My take is they are trying to reduce the number of Singaporeans living in JB on tourist visa. I saw on the MEVAS website (the Singapore agent issuing MACS) that one of the requirement is that your passport must have at least 2 years validity. :shakes head:

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yesterday 26th Feb 2016 at 3pm I entered the Orchard Parade Hotel carpark and was charged S$4 for the 1st hour of visit. When I went to the MAC office - a simple data entry counter with many 'little girls'. Applicants' MAC forms were placed openly facing up. There was no privacy. I could see every applicant's particulars. I flipped my application form face down only to be flipped face up again by the staff. I had to remind her to cover my application form. Some customers who came in to apply for MAC also expressed their unhappiness with the service and inconvenience. After waiting for some time I was asked for passport size photo. I did not prepare any and was advised to go to the nearby building to have photo taken. It costed me S$10.70 to have a minimum of 6 passport size photos taken. When I returned to the MAC counter I was asked to wait as the system was slow. I asked how long do I have to wait and was told about 5 to 10min. 15min later I asked if my application has been processed. I was then told that the system was unable to process my application as my NEW passport number was not accepted by the system. I showed the young ladies my old passport with many years of MAC stickers and asked them why the system does not have a field to enter or update my new passport number. I then asked what I should do. I was the told that I could try to submit my old passport and the new one together with the application but it might take 3 months to be processed. I then asked for the Malaysia High Commission contact number and contacted them at 4:15pm and feedback to them about the problem I faced. I was told by a friendly female staff named Miss Intan who told me she was new and that her boss would like to know who informed me that it required 3 months to process. I then explained to her that it waS not important as the problem lies with the system. She then promised to return my call. I waited one day. No one from Malaysia High Commission has called yet.

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yesterday 26th Feb 2016 at 3pm I entered the Orchard Parade Hotel carpark and was charged S$4 for the 1st hour of visit. When I went to the MAC office - a simple data entry counter with many 'little girls'. Applicants' MAC forms were placed openly facing up. There was no privacy. I could see every applicant's particulars. I flipped my application form face down only to be flipped face up again by the staff. I had to remind her to cover my application form. Some customers who came in to apply for MAC also expressed their unhappiness with the service and inconvenience. After waiting for some time I was asked for passport size photo. I did not prepare any and was advised to go to the nearby building to have photo taken. It costed me S$10.70 to have a minimum of 6 passport size photos taken. When I returned to the MAC counter I was asked to wait as the system was slow. I asked how long do I have to wait and was told about 5 to 10min. 15min later I asked if my application has been processed. I was then told that the system was unable to process my application as my NEW passport number was not accepted by the system. I showed the young ladies my old passport with many years of MAC stickers and asked them why the system does not have a field to enter or update my new passport number. I then asked what I should do. I was the told that I could try to submit my old passport and the new one together with the application but it might take 3 months to be processed. I then asked for the Malaysia High Commission contact number and contacted them at 4:15pm and feedback to them about the problem I faced. I was told by a friendly female staff named Miss Intan who told me she was new and that her boss would like to know who informed me that it required 3 months to process. I then explained to her that it waS not important as the problem lies with the system. She then promised to return my call. I waited one day. No one from Malaysia High Commission has called yet.

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are these MACs applications at Orchard Parade Hotel managed by Sporeans? The young people in Singapore, I am sory to say, has no sense of responsibility. Many are learning from the bumis up north even though there are no real benefit of being Sinkie except males get to eat, bath and shit for free for 2 years.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi, just in case you may not be aware, if you have a property in MY you can apply for it at Danga Bay and get it within 15min.

Alfrescian
Loyal
On 26th Feb 2016 I had also been advised by one of the young girls (the fattest girl) at the Orchard Parade Hotel MACS office that to update the system with my NEW passport number, I could approach the Malaysia immigration officer to update my new passport into the system instead of having to wait for 3 months. So today 29th Feb 2016 at about 3:30pm I went to Malaysia custom and requested a female Malay immigration officer to update my NEW passport number into their system. She was very polite and informed me that my NEW passport was already in the system. There was no need to update at all. She also informed me that today I was the 2nd one to make such request. That means somebody at Orchard Parade Hotel office has been giving wong advice to applicants. I told the immigration officer my problem but she informed me there was little she could do to the systems. Now my advice to those who have just renewed their passports, YOU CANNOT APPLY for or RENEWED your MACS - this is what I am experiencing now and nobody can do anything to help and nobody is looking into their flawed IT system. SIGH SIGH SIGH...

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mine is expiring in April. Need to renew. Bro, just bring the SPA for KSL Residence @ Daya can do? Despite the project not completed yet?

I brought the whole SPA document there but turns out they only want the front page where it states the names of buyers. LOL!

But I am not sure if they care or bother whether the project is completed or not. Can try. They are opened on Sundays. Or maybe bring along existing tenancy agreement as well....just in case.

kslresidence

Alfrescian
Loyal
I brought the whole SPA document there but turns out they only want the front page where it states the names of buyers. LOL!

But I am not sure if they care or bother whether the project is completed or not. Can try. They are opened on Sundays. Or maybe bring along existing tenancy agreement as well....just in case.

:biggrin: good sound advice.

Benzmerc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi I am new. My Name is Salahuddin. I have a property in Bandar Dato Onn JB. Can I go to Danja Bay to renew my MACS. Thanks