• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Jakarta Indonesia

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Sky is clear and weather is very hot here in Jakarta not hazy

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Surprised to find a very good seafood soup at De Luca restaurant in Senayan this evening. Its got big chunky fish meat, soting, shell fish etc and costs only $8

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Had a great Padang lunch today one of the best Padang I had

For 3

Beef Rendang

Long bean and brinjal and chili

Cabbage

Begedil

Curry fish

Fish eggs

Fried kampong chicken

There's also tahu and green sambal

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
A few roadside hawkers near my office

Drinks stall

Fish tahu goreng seller

Rujak is our rojak but its really quite different

Chendol

Another drinks seller, you see all those small packets are instant coffee or tea

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
A popular market north Jakarta, Indah Kaput

Food centre on second floor and market on ground floor

and basement

Ordered kopi-O and eggs from this stall

17,000 rupiah or $1.70

I like the way the egg is served - no need to break the egg as its done for you, convenient to drink it down, clean and simple

Crispy u-char-kway in Indonesia its known as cakwe (read as char-kway) this one really nice

Colleague had wonton noodle

wonton noodle shop

As you can see this market and food centre looks the same as Singapore's

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Tea Garden is a type of Hong Kong care restaurant (香港茶餐厅) but originated from Malaysia, JB I think. There are a few of this in Jakarta. They serve almost anything and everything from western to chinese to Singapore hawker stuff etc. And its not very expensive too.

One small issue here - they don't serve pork

If only has pork this sang-mee will taste better

Century egg porridge again if have pork will be great but the chicken had been marinated so taste not bad.

Not expensive right? I will recommend this restaurant if craving for chinese food while in Indonesia.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
One see may of these in Indonesia

A local Indonesian living and relaxing in a place like this behind him apartments where Chinese Indonesians live

Same story the local Indonesians looking for plastics to recycle their children playin at the side behind them the more well to do Chinese live

A rojak seller

Make shift gasoline stall for motorcycles - the poor motorcyclists buy from stalls like this instead of from gas station as they may have only enough money to buy a litre or half. Stalls like this more expensive than gas station

This is innovative, Pertamini. Pertamina is Indonesia's state oil company. A dig at the name.

The seller smiling at me taking photo of her stall

Makeshift tyre repair stall

Setting up his hardware stall

Tiny chicken noodle stall a bowl for 50 cents

Fruit juice stall - I wouldn't try

Fried tahu stall

Soto stall, notice the bench, table top and the cloth to shade customers from the sun

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Just got back from supper. I don't take supper but then to take these photos you gotta have supper.

This is probably the most famous Nais Uduk stall in Indonesia. Nasi uduk is our nasi lemak and like our version it can be eaten almost the whole day as you can find it almost everywhere and any time.

This is Ibu Sum nasi uduk and opens at 10pm till late. Don't even think they will serve you at 9.59pm as lights will only be turn on at 10 sharp.

Arrived there at 10.30pm and already so many cars parked at the roadside

Look at the people

The spread - queue and just wait for someone to attend to you (fast moving so short wait)

Can side by the side of the spread or

Can sit next door

The staff in batik uniform

I start my queue

The fried stuff

My nasi uduk - fried omelet, begedil, fried chicken, tahu

I sit right in friont of the spread and watch customers order

You notice in the photos all the customers are local Chinese? Yes I sat there makan not once I saw a local Indonesian person. I guess it could be due to the price, I'll as my staff tomorrow.

Blazars

Alfrescian
Loyal
A popular market north Jakarta, Indah Kaput

Food centre on second floor and market on ground floor

This place look so much like our chinatown market and hawker centre. Same developer maybe.

Bro... thanks for the pics!! All the foods are so tempting. Please remember to put in the address if you can. So we go JKT can try it ourself.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
This place look so much like our chinatown market and hawker centre. Same developer maybe.

Bro... thanks for the pics!! All the foods are so tempting. Please remember to put in the address if you can. So we go JKT can try it ourself.

For address can PM me. Cheers.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Breakfast in North Jakarta coffeeshop

Malaysia Mee Goreng

KL Lok Mee

Share a curry yong tau hu

All the food quite good

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Drove about 90km for lunch today towards the east to this place called Karawang Timur for Pepes, pepes is basicall banana leaves wrap and grilled.

This is a pretty kampong area, look rundown, nor so clean but the food is fantastic I assure you. Restaurant name is :

Check out the grill

Kitchen

Workers preparing the pepes

Floor dining area

Table dining area

The Rojak man

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
They serve almost everything but just pay what you eat

Even rice wrapped in banana leave

Grilled fish

Pepes ayam, the chicken is marinated with some curry then grilled

Tahu, so fragrant in the middle of this piece of tahu is a whole stick of lemon grass and the tahu I believe is hand made the wrapped

Mushroom very shiok

A whole but small river fish

After makan this lady boss will calculate the price

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
There's an interesting and small bridge-dam next to the lunch restaurant

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Beef ribs dinner on Leko restaurant in northern Jakarta

The delicious rib soup almost same taste as sop buntut

Iga goreng penyet

Iga bakar

Ordered extra penyet

Long beans with sambal and beef chips topping

Kangkong

A great dinner that costs only $24 with fruit juice

Harrison1991

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have heard a lot about Jakarta Indonesia. But don't have practical experience about that place. Need to think about it a make a tour there.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
My favourite breakfast in Indonesia is bubur ayam especially those traditional ones on the roadside like this

Makeshift stall

Gotta queue

This is it

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Was at Serpong, a district of South Tengarang about an hour drive from North Jakarta. Heard this place have a very good Sunda restaurant, Sunda is a region with its unique language and culture in the Bundung city region.

Wareong Sunda Restorant

Dining outside

Or inside

Last edited: