• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

IP Vanish

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I do not see why your existing account cannot be configured to work in China.

Start a chat session with their help desk personal and ask them whether a tech can help configure your account so that it works in China too.

Let me know the outcome.

Just chatted with someone in their Live Chat. Was told the following:

1. The VPN location I had chosen and set which was San Francisco was blocked by the PRC government so I need to change another location.

2. I can get advise from them as to which location is not block by getting into the Live Chat with them OR i can keep on changing location until I can get in.

3. He gave me a long list of mirror sites where I can get in to chat with them in case the www.strongvpn.coom website is blocked

So ok my subscription is good to go

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Just chatted with someone in their Live Chat. Was told the following:

1. The VPN location I had chosen and set which was San Francisco was blocked by the PRC government so I need to change another location.

2. I can get advise from them as to which location is not block by getting into the Live Chat with them OR i can keep on changing location until I can get in.

3. He gave me a long list of mirror sites where I can get in to chat with them in case the www.strongvpn.coom website is blocked

So ok my subscription is good to go

Yes what I like about strongVPN is their excellent customer service. What I don't like is that they limit the number of server switches so you cannot play around with server selection with reckless abandon.

Dinkum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Boss Sam, last night I attempted to subscribe for the IPVanish one year plan.

After I filled in my credit card numbers and security numbers, on two attempts I got this message, "We regret to advise that we can't process your subscription."

I wrote to the company for clarification, but have not received any response from them.

Is this some kind of fraud; now that they've got my credit card and security numbers, they can go ahead to charge me for the two one year subscriptions.

For State/Region and Coupon columns, what do we fill in please?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is the only response I received from IPVanish:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting IPVanish Support. This is an automated response confirming the receipt of your email. One of our support team members will get back to you as soon as possible. Please do not send multiple emails concerning the same issue as this can cause confusion and often delay a resolution. Thank you in advance for your patience.

Your support ticket number is: IPVS-130487

In the meantime, feel free to browse the self-help areas below for setup assistance as well as answers to common issues:

IPVanish FAQ: https://www.ipvanish.com/support.php
IPVanish Software and Setup: http://www.ipvanish.com/vpn-setup/index.php
IPVanish Forums: http://forum.ipvanish.com/ IPVanish Subscription and Payment Management: https://account.ipvanish.com/

Regards,
IPVanish Support Team

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Boss Sam, last night I attempted to subscribe for the IPVanish one year plan.

After I filled in my credit card numbers and security numbers, on two attempts I got this message, "We regret to advise that we can't process your subscription."

I wrote to the company for clarification, but have not received any response from them.

Is this some kind of fraud; now that they've got my credit card and security numbers, they can go ahead to charge me for the two one year subscriptions.

For State/Region and Coupon columns, what do we fill in please?

They did not fraud me or my mod so I don't see why they should fraud you.

If the processing of the purchase cannot go through, it has nothing to do with IP Vanish. The issue is with the credit card processing company that they are using to transact the purchases.

I suggest you just chase them for a response. I'm sure it's a minor issue.

Dinkum

Alfrescian
Loyal
They did not fraud me or my mod so I don't see why they should fraud you.

If the processing of the purchase cannot go through, it has nothing to do with IP Vanish. The issue is with the credit card processing company that they are using to transact the purchases.

I suggest you just chase them for a response. I'm sure it's a minor issue.

When filling up payment details, for State/Region and Coupon columns, what do we fill in please?

Also credit numbers do we leave a spaces for credit card numbers?

Thank you Boss.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
When filling up payment details, for State/Region and Coupon columns, what do we fill in please?

Thank you Boss.

No spaces between numbers

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

Thank you Boss.

I can't remember I normally just put something like NZ or AUK and it works.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
will M1 STARHUB and Singtel be able to detect users if they use ip vanish to download movies?

Your ISP can see the total amount of in/out traffic but that's about it.

While you are connected to the VPN your ISP sees all packets going to and coming from a single IP address (the entry-IP address of the VPN server your computer is connected to).

Your ISP can NOT see:
- the real packets header
- the packets payload (i.e. the content you send and receive)
- the real origin and destinations of the packets
- the "real" protocol you use
- the applications you use

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Thank you Boss.

you don't even know how to fill up a form????? seriously????