• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

IP Vanish

chrisjohnson

I am currently here in UK but i can easily access Singapore channels with Singapore VPN Service. And yes if it's banned in Singapore, the other people outside Singapore will easily catch these channels. But what's the reason of banned i mean if it's in future?

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I just terminated my Netflix subscription as it bans us from using VPN.
just one click.
I hope netflix sales will drop

tarachean

Super-Fast Connections - We are the only tier-1 VPN network, meaning faster and more stable speeds for you. No more video buffering!

100% Online Security - IPVanish is the best way to protect yourself from cyber threats and unsecured wi-fi hotspots.

Easy and Free Software - Simple point-and-click software for all your devices.

The Best VPN Network - IPVanish offers secure connections to 25,000+ IPs on 165+ servers in 60+ countries. Access the web virtually from anywhere in the world.

This is a nice app for streaming.. I once used it too.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am looking for a secure and stable VPN.

Apart from IP Vanish and Pure VPN which have been mentioned in this thread, can anyone provide alternative recommendations?
Of courese there are plenty in the marketplace but would like to hear the opinions of the forummers here.
My primary purpose would be to stream Singapore TV out of the UK e.g Toggle, etc. As a temporary fix, I am using Tunnelbear as they offer free 1GB of data each month but I find the service only so so. Slow playback and too much buffering.

I don't mind paying a monthly fee if the service is reliable.

Cheers.

LaoTze

Alfrescian
Loyal
StrongVPN the best

All the VPNs mentioned here, free or not free, nothing but load of crap!

Fine if and when they do work.

BUT

There are times when the VPN crashed and not working.
When you realised that, it will be already too fucking late.
Or you might not even realised that they not working.

The safest will be via TOR.

And which thread whatever the fuck you writing and relaying that through 2 or 3 VPNs
TOR open up window strictly in TOR. And if TOR stop working for any reason, that window will automatically shut down AND PREVENT YOUR WRITING ANY FUCK THING IN THE CLEAR.

Educate yourself and make yourself safe safe.

https://www.torproject.org/

https://2019.www.torproject.org/about/overview.html.en

BRIEF EXTRACT

To create a private network pathway with Tor, the user's software or client incrementally builds a circuit of encrypted connections through relays on the network. The circuit is extended one hop at a time, and each relay along the way knows only which relay gave it data and which relay it is giving data to. No individual relay ever knows the complete path that a data packet has taken. The client negotiates a separate set of encryption keys for each hop along the circuit to ensure that each hop can't trace these connections as they pass through.

htw2.png

Once a circuit has been established, many kinds of data can be exchanged and several different sorts of software applications can be deployed over the Tor network. Because each relay sees no more than one hop in the circuit, neither an eavesdropper nor a compromised relay can use traffic analysis to link the connection's source and destination. Tor only works for TCP streams and can be used by any application with SOCKS support.

For efficiency, the Tor software uses the same circuit for connections that happen within the same ten minutes or so. Later requests are given a new circuit, to keep people from linking your earlier actions to the new ones.

htw3.png

Staying anonymous

Tor can't solve all anonymity problems. It focuses only on protecting the transport of data. You need to use protocol-specific support software if you don't want the sites you visit to see your identifying information. For example, you can use Tor Browser while browsing the web to withhold some information about your computer's configuration.

Also, to protect your anonymity, be smart. Don't provide your name or other revealing information in web forms. Be aware that, like all anonymizing networks that are fast enough for web browsing, Tor does not provide protection against end-to-end timing attacks: If your attacker can watch the traffic coming out of your computer, and also the traffic arriving at your chosen destination, he can use statistical analysis to discover that they are part of the same circuit.

Last edited:

WindyZukerman

I am looking for a secure and stable VPN.

Apart from IP Vanish and Pure VPN which have been mentioned in this thread, can anyone provide alternative recommendations?
Of courese there are plenty in the marketplace but would like to hear the opinions of the forummers here.
My primary purpose would be to stream Singapore TV out of the UK e.g Toggle, etc. As a temporary fix, I am using Tunnelbear as they offer free 1GB of data each month but I find the service only so so. Slow playback and too much buffering.

I don't mind paying a monthly fee if the service is reliable.

Cheers.

If you are still searching for alternatives other than IPVanish and Pure you can consider the Singapore VPN Service Ivacy. The service comes with 3 subscription plans to choose from and some top-quality security features too at a fraction of the overpriced VPNs.

Eisenhut

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm not sure about the performance because I have not made a comparison of speed and reliability. However, IPVanish is superior in that it does not keep logs so they can't be subpoenaed.

In the aftermath of LKY's demise, I foresee a tightening of the laws regarding internet liberties. It is therefore best to be prepared. VPNs aren't foolproof but they do make it a lot harder for the agencies to find out who you are.

Such a vissionary, Leongsam is da best!

TransparentReminder

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have IPVanish and am currently using their servers. I have a great connection with them, better than with VyprVPN who boasts to be the fastest out there. I will admit that IPVanish support IS non existent. Took them almost a week to respond to an issue that I had by then figured out.

It really depends on what you need and how much you are willing to spend. Every company has its pros and cons. I'm contempt with IPVanish but if you're new in the market save yourself some trouble and get PIA.