• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Moon is not always rounder in other countries

suteerak1099

Alfrescian
Loyal
a lot of people did not do their homeworks/researchs.
give up their citzenship and migrate.
later found out that they are just 2nd class citizen over at some places.
like the FTs flooding into this already over saturated island, we too will be unwelcomed in some of the places we aspire to resettle in. however, there's also plenty of options around where we would be better received, despite the under-developed conditions.

bt at the end of the day, alot depends on the objectives for relocation. though i believe many move in lieu of giving their children a better fighting chance in life

Himerus

Alfrescian
Loyal
a lot of us see those countries,when we went for tours.
so can only see those good things but do not really stay long enough to know more details.
when they migrate over,find that it is not what they saw on their previous tour visits.

twinseeker

Alfrescian
Loyal
Migration is not a weekend visit to the chalet or resort. I'm sure those who're considering migration have done their research prior to the life changing expedition. I think emmigrants have also spent considerable amount of time & effort into laying foundations in their newly adopted countries before uprooting.

PAP_agent

Alfrescian
Loyal

Unfortunately many singaporeans think like 3rd world refugees, zero planning for future and just want to get out of their present problems. They've never thought that perhaps their troubles in singapore are due to their own inadequacies?

It's amusing how some people are willing to go overseas and begin work as a cleaner, dishwasher etc....I don't see immigrants from Europe/Japan etc thinking that way. These world-class talents go there and compete with the locals as first-class talents. Singaporeans have much to learn.....and don't worry, the PAP is here to cuddle you when you come crying back...

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal

Being a second class citizen is all in the mind. Look at the table tennis girls, they are second class sinkees but they proved sinkees are losers and crybabies when it comes to being first class citizens.

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unfortunately many singaporeans think like 3rd world refugees, zero planning for future and just want to get out of their present problems. They've never thought that perhaps their troubles in singapore are due to their own inadequacies?

It's amusing how some people are willing to go overseas and begin work as a cleaner, dishwasher etc....I don't see immigrants from Europe/Japan etc thinking that way. These world-class talents go there and compete with the locals as first-class talents. Singaporeans have much to learn.....and don't worry, the PAP is here to cuddle you when you come crying back...

Do you have the data of the numbers of sinkees working as cleaners overseas? The number of sinkees working as cleaners and cardbox/can collector in singapore is obvious, got no fight one.

Go and ask any auntie cleaner in sinkeeland whether she wants minimum wage of a western country. What you'd think she will say?

Its all about survival la. Only a very small percentage of migrants think like you. Sinkees are fed up with competition already, therefore some are taking up jobs that are not in competition overseas and are paid highly.

Last edited:

Nomad

Alfrescian
Loyal
like the thread's title lor.
most of those people think this way,cos after going there for vacations,see all the good stuffs that the tour guides bring them to see.
but they do not see those bad stuffs and really know the rules and regulations of those countries well.

a lot of them,went them with an open mind with doing any research.
once there,find that it is not what they previously saw and things are not so nice and good.
then they do a kebalakan puseng,turnaround and come back.

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
a lot of them,went them with an open mind with doing any research.
once there,find that it is not what they previously saw and things are not so nice and good.
then they do a kebalakan puseng,turnaround and come back.

What do you think the figures of sinkees kebalakan puseng compared to sinkees cepat jalan non-stop is?

1000 sinkees ditch their citizenship yearly, I think less than 50 come back to settle in sinkeetown or less. Sinkee gov do not dare publish the figures.

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
they have those so-call FT to relieve on to makeup the loses.
so i think they are not take it too seriously.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
A lot of Singaporeans wanted to migrate to other countries for various reasons.

Is another country better place to live in?

I stayed in Perth for a year and that was few years back.

The cost of living is high.

I still find that we are labelled Chinese pig.

1 thing I like about Aust, is they enjoy family life more which Asian lack of.

Well, I like it in Perth. And racism, in my opinion, cannot be the main excuse on why we shouldn't emigrate. While its a factor, I don't think it can be the sole excuse on why one shouldn't explore.

Because if its "this cannot, that cannot", then we will never go anywhere. I mean, even in New York, or in San Francisco, or even in Shanghai, there will be racist people who will discriminate against people of a different skin colour, and even those of the same skin colour. So can it be the main reason?

No. Eventually its about other reasons as well.

Still having said that, it would be hard to move to a country that is COMPLETELY racist. But if the country's racist are in a distinct minority, then I think its hard to rule out a move there if you want to do so.