• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Can Singaporeans survive in other countries?

usedtojb

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was just wondering... W our very own nature of complaining, comparing, expecting favours, can the Singaporeans in us survive in this real world where people r generally smart, hard working n sincere....

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
IMHO, dont belittle oneself. From the comfort of your aircon room, most times it is unimaginable how one can survice when thrown into the "wild" so to speak. But when push comes to shove, i think most Singaporean males will be able to grit and grind to not only sruvive, but overcome. I am speaking of those who have been through N.S. Even though most people find and treat NS as a joke, but i would prefer to point out that to most of us who went through NS, most realised that IF one really push oneself, one can really accomplish previously-thought impossible things.

Furthermore, in the real-world, since when did Sinkie workers receive any favours from employers or Govt? We make do, sacrifice and endure all the shit the unfair and employer-skewed work environment SG has, not forgetting the undercutting of salary from foreigners and lack of promotion opportunities due to favouring of FTs. Complaints? These are real problems. Compare the power of the unions overseas and the ONE SG has, workers here can definitely survive in other countries. Whether able to overcome the homesickness is another matter. Just my 2c...

One other thing that SG workers possess, but not often utilized enough is their ability of Bilingualism. Even though most are half-past six standard, but they are anytime better than any Asean countries who have much much lower standard of English and Chinese. No other countries in ASEAN have as many Bilingual (Eng and Chi) as SG workers. You may have a friend from this and that country who can speak better mandarin or english, but they are definitely the minority. SG workers may have the Singlish slang in spoken language, but most can hold their own in written language.

Last edited:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was just wondering... W our very own nature of complaining, comparing, expecting favours, can the Singaporeans in us survive in this real world where people r generally smart, hard working n sincere....

My goodness, Singaporeans still believe in fairy tales like hard work and sincerity.

Ambulance

Alfrescian
Loyal

halo jb song boh

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
if singaporeans remain flexible they can survive and thrive. but they must stay true to their deepest core beliefs. all else will flow from the core. a rotten apple core means its time to toss out the apple and look for some durians.

2 BIG ASS durians.

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please list the reasons why can and cannot cheers

can survive because chao kiasu, will monkey see monkey do when in doubt.
but if the crowd dies, they will die with the crowd.

better question would be, can sinkies thrive overseas? sinkies can survive anyway including deep space.

Songkham

Alfrescian
Loyal
I strongly believe Singaporeans can survive anywhere for two simple reasons - most Singaporeans are well educated and not lazy.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Upon graduation from university in Singapore, I came to Canada. I have been here for about 30 years. I am surviving, without a maid or domestic helper, without a motor vehicle, whether it is the hot and humid summer, or cold frigid winter, sometimes as cold as minus 20C or colder.

da dick

Alfrescian
Loyal
favours? what fucking favours? u gangster or pappie dog elite or wot? who got fucking favours here? u think we all big bosses' son or wot? fuck u understand?

CanuckSG

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes, absolutely...but first you need to get out of your comfort zone. I left SG with my family in 2008 for Canada. It's been 7 years..a lot of perseverance and hard work. It's all worth it. Coming from a pressure cooking environment helps :wink: